It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recompeting of the DDX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
One of my friends on another forum said that the navy is re competing the DDX. I know its true since he is one of the mangers for the project but I haven't found anything on NGs website can someone get some info on this for me?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Okay guys I just found out from my friend, that the navy split up the national team and awarded Raytheon the design, so now Raytheon is the main contractor.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
can some one give us a pic or pics of the deisgn of the DD(X) that Raytheon will use?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Raytheon is a very good company. I hope they succeed. As you may or may not know Raytheon used to be named Hughes.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well here is a link to the article basically there making the Radar, Sonar, missile launchers, computing network, and and a external communication network in which they can contact other ships, aircraft, etc.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Me and several other people have come to the conclusion that the DD-X will be more of a test bed of future technologies and a new type of ship will be developed and it will cost much less than the DD-X.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Me and several other people have come to the conclusion that the DD-X will be more of a test bed of future technologies and a new type of ship will be developed and it will cost much less than the DD-X.

Well you could be right, but I think that it is kinda like the CVNX its gonna be in the fleet but its just incorpoarting new systems like EMALS, and of course a whole new design. Thats what the DDX is doing starting to encorporate directed energy weapons, and a intergrated power system that will not only reduce manning but increase efficency.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Raytheon is a very good company. I hope they succeed. As you may or may not know Raytheon used to be named Hughes.

Just to clarify, Jet. Raytheon has always been named Raytheon. In 1998, Raytheon obtained Hughes Electronics Corp, and the name of the new company was Raytheon System Company. After a few more iterations, I believe Raytheon is back to being called just "Raytheon Company".

Although many insiders will tell you that after the deal was done it seemed (from an internal perspective) that Hughes bought Raytheon, it was actually the other way around.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org... this shows pics of the ship if anyone wants to see it

[edit on 28/5/05 by lobo76]

top topics

join