It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizard man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
mwen, that link was interesting. I had always blamed Kerry's orange color on Hollywood Tans. Who knew?

Seriously speaking though, with all these reports of Lizard Men, one would think that someone, somewhere, would have a real unaltered photograph of one. Even off a surveillance videocamera? Nothing? It's very strange.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There was also this guy. He's more frog like then lizard so maybe hes a cousin. The second link is to a story about a legand of Lizard People that use to live under what is now LA.

www.meta-religion.com...

www.reptilianagenda.com...

ID

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
gothica91: I wrote a little bit about this in an old post attempting to group Bipedal Reptilian Sightings and explain their origins. There is a pretty good discussion in that thread from some members who are very knowledgeable about Reptilians and other theories regarding the origin of such creatures if they do in fact exist. Anyway, enough of plugging my own thread, here is the portion of my post that deals with the Lizardman of Bishopville, South Carolina.

Originally posted by ID
Lizardman of Bishopville, South Carolina:

In June of the year 1988 Christopher Davis reported seeing a seven foot tall reptilian humanoid while changing a flat tire at 2 a.m. near the Scape Ore Swamp.

“I looked back and saw something running across the field towards me. It was about 25 yards away and I saw red eyes glowing. I ran into the car and as I locked it, the thing grabbed the door handle. I could see him from the neck down – the three big fingers, long black nails and green rough skin. It was strong and angry. I looked in my mirror and saw a blur of green running. I could see his toes and then he jumped on the roof of my car. I thought I heard a grunt and then I could see his fingers through the front windshield, where they curled around on the roof. I sped up and swerved to shake the creature off.”
www.weirdnj.com...

After telling these events to his parents that night his father discovered that his side view mirror had been nearly torn off and the roof of the car had large scratch marks in it. After this initial encounter hundreds of residents of Lee County reported witnessing the creature first hand. Several large foot prints were discovered in the surrounding area all bearing three toes. Davis has since passed a private polygraph test regarding his testimony of the attack. Rick Welch, a former Sumter police detective released a few of the questions passed by Davis during the polygraph” "Was the creature that attacked your car green and black? Were you drinking or smoking drugs? Were you really driving 35 mph when a creature jumped on your car? Did it occur immediately following your changing a flat tire?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I believe I saw this same show myself. The show also called them Reptillians as well.

Aparently some have a tail and some don't.

I guess lizard man, and reptillians are the same thing.

There are other threads here as well about reptillians.

Troy

[edit on 1-6-2005 by cybertroy]

RR

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Infiltrator
I believe gothica91 is talking about the South Carolina Lizard man of Bishopville.www.weirdnj.com...

Being from South Carolina, I can tell you that in the mid to late 80s the "Lizard Man" was a pretty big deal around here, lots of people were making trips to the low country to try and find the LM and all sorts of crazy stories started popping up in just about every county in the state.

Unfortunately nothing ever came of the LM stories other than lingering tales and a "track" that was found and plaster casted by a Sheriff in one of the low country counties. That cast was recently debunked along with one of the witnesses (in a polygraph IIRC) on the Sci Fi Channel's "Proof Positive" last year.

EDIT: added link

[edit on 1-6-2005 by RR]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
.... a guy in a wierd lizard suite that wanted to rob the guy who was changing his tire????

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
In Japan the lizardman is known as the Kappa, in Scotland it is known as the Kelpie. Both similar sounding names, unusual huh?

Both were ambush predators who lived near water and attacked any creature coming down to the water. Both would run out, grab the victim, drag them underwater and eat them at their leisure.

The Japanese Kappa had a rather unpleasant modus operandi. It killed it's victims by reaching up into their rectum and tearing out their livers.

Anytime I go swimming in any rivers in Japan I keep my butt cheeks firmly clenched I can tell you!

When I lived in Colorado Springs I had a friend who wouldn't swim with us in Pueblo Reservoir because he was brought up to believe that salamanders would swim up his butt and become lodged there.

Funny how legends are somewhat the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Kappa:

Kappa is a malign water spirit living in the river. A kappa looks like a bit more dreadful version of Mutant Ninja Turtles, with green scaled skin and a flat head.
It is believed that they steal someone's shirokodama (a bowel) and kill him. They are very powerful, and very fond of Sumo (Japanese wrestling). A Kappa often challenges his victim to play sumo. They also love to eat cucumber very much, and that is why cucumber sushi is called ``Kappa-maki.''
Their weakness is dehydration. Their head must be always kept wet, or they die.

Source:
www2.kanawa.com...

...Kappa have been known to do good things for humans; that is when they are not engaged in impish activities like pulling up women' dresses, expelling gas loudly or whiling away the hours over a leisurely game of shogi (Japanese chess).

An adult kappa stands at 1.5m and resembles a hybrid of a human and a tortoise - not only due to its reptilian visage but also because its anatomy includes a large shell that encases its back. The imp's scaly flesh is yellow-green but like a chameleon, the kappa is blessed with muscle-like cells that enable it to change into a myriad of colors. With webbed fingers and toes, the kappa is adept in the water and is particularly robust due to the life-sustaining elixir that brims in its cranial orifice. If the liquid spills, the sprite weakens proportionally...

Source:
metropolis.japantoday.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join