It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: FBI Claims Eco-Militants Are The Greatest Terrorist Threat To US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetahBesides, calling them terrorists gives them too much credit.

tell that to those they have attacked, terror is terror, you dont need to kill to be a terrorist.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
namehere, you're generalized statements don't say anything about why they are a "The greatest terror threat in America".

Here's an example, Eric down the street hurts people, spreads disease, and people support him as this happens. Sounds like a bad guy eh?

What I didn't tell you was that he breaks girl's hearts by breaking up with them, he has mono (the kissing disease), and he has friends that agree with his decisions to break up with these girls and to interact with people and thus potentially spread mono.

How about some examples about what makes them worse instead of these generalized statements that don't say anything except for your own opinion.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the conscious state of the consumer is what fuels the paranoia of our elite, and their dastardly inhibition of procuring a unstoppable economic juggernaut. i say have at it, destroy the infallible demonic infrastrucutre that our leaders propagated unwholesomely and inherently under a guise of freedom and democratic underlyings.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Lets hope they follow the precedent they set with Iraq, where they also perceived a pretyy much obscure and convoluted "threat" - that way they'll pretty much end up invading themselves. Imagine the massive saving for the economy, troops are already there, tanks, aircraft, armies. Hardly any real transport costs and housing. It's a fantastic idea, man.

Lets hope they follow through with it all and achieve the same spectacular results they did before...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
Simulacra, lets be even with each other..

You know the SUV's are tearing our world in half.. bad example.

But firebombing a vehicle isn't exactly saving the enviornment either. It's just stupid.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
ahhhhhh, they must of found some trees in guatanomo that need a good hug!! see them over there, the little tears just pouring out of their little eyes!!! Poor little things!!

The other day, I thought the world ended! I turned on the news and didn't hear of any kids being shot!! Went all day, not hearing about a shooting...and thought, well something must definately be wrong!!! There's always at least one gang related shooting!!!

BUt, I do have to admit, there is also alot of houses burning down in the area...don't know if any of them had SUV's in their driveway though. And, well, there's also been a higher that average number of barn burnings.....which has caused the loss of life, of the animal kind.....for some reason, I don't think these were caused by those who love animals. and quite frankly I was beginning to wonder if they weren't being caused by owners who hated bankruptcy courts.

Nothing that these two groups have done could come close to comparing to just one trade center tower, so I don't know what our administration is thinking....except maybe that they got themselves in a mess overseas that they don't really know how to get out of, so well, quick!! Think of a bigger threat at home to use an an excuse so we can have an emergency withdrawal and bail out of these countries.

In my opinion, the biggest threat to america's security is Bush's economic policies.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The greatest terrorist threat in the US is the corporate stranglehold over the US government. Political contributions by corporations should be banned.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
But firebombing a vehicle isn't exactly saving the enviornment either. It's just stupid.

Very stupid but im glad to see someone doing something.. be it radical or not. We're not even gonna live to see the next half a century because of our stupid lust for material objects

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
The greatest terrorist threat in the US is the corporate stranglehold over the US government.

...And there you have it - the real problem - and the real terrorists. Contrary to what the latest promo-cum-propaganda says, the "biggest threat currently facing America" is NOT environmental and animal-welfare militants.

The biggest threat currently facing America is contamination in our air, food and water.

Corporate industry is creating and spreading incurable, untreatable diseases - it's spewing contaminants that trigger these diseases and speed their progression into our air and water, and putting more into our food as "additives." Let's not even talk about the drug industry.

Today, 1 in 2 American males can expect to get cancer sometime in their life, and 1 in 3 women. Chronic debilitating diseases that used to strike the elderly now hit people in their 40's and 50's - the uptake on disability alone is killing the US economy.

...Monolithic corporate industry is not just ruining peoples' health - it's destroying this nation's economy. Fast. And the brown stuff is about to hit the fan.

Not to support any kind of terrorism, but the focus on eco-terrorists is a neat smoke and mirrors redirection, which:

1. Creates an "enemy" on American soil to justify Patriot Act 2;
2. Covers up corporate industry's role in destroying peoples' health and creating economic chaos;
3. Criminalizes environmentalists, by association, when they flag the real problems - and so,
4. Neutralizes the whistle-blowing "opposition."

As per usual, the corporate strategy is layered - and kills at least 4 birds with the same stone.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Almost verbatim with the thread specific stuff taken out.

I don't buy into this malarky stuff (no matter who posts it) about the big bad American corporations, yada, yada, yada.

Sure I know they (corporations) influence government and much of what they do is unethical. I know all that- it's also good to keep reminding people, I agree with that.

BUT to call for more regulations- to what purpose? The existing ones are violated continuously so what makes YOU think new ones wouldn't be as well? Who pays for new regulations? Americans do (you are NOT an American). The American taxpayer pays for yet one more do nothing office to rail against corporations that either violate the regulations or just pack up and move to another country!

I could look at a bunch of your (sofi) posts and see similar repetitive 'what is wrong with America' themes in them. How about Canada? Why don't we read more about the crooks in Ottawa and the smugglers in Vancouver? Where are the stories relating to the rape of Hudson's Bay by the mining companies? Largest deposit of nickel in the world and no stories about the mining to rip it up- why?

I view your continuous anti-American rants from a jaundiced eye. You have poked it and it is now infected. I see my country providing those that belittle her with the courtesy of still an open door.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Almost verbatim with the thread specific stuff taken out.

I don't buy into this malarky stuff (no matter who posts it) about the big bad American corporations, yada, yada, yada.

Sure I know they (corporations) influence government and much of what they do is unethical. I know all that- it's also good to keep reminding people, I agree with that.

BUT to call for more regulations- to what purpose?

Hmm. Not calling for more regulations here. Just pointing out that our "No. 1 Enemy" has changed - yet again. First it was Afghanistan, then Iraq, then the Muslim hordes and rampant Islamic terrorists - now it's environmentalists.

So we've gone from what to what? And why? ..."Moving target" strategies are designed to distract and confuse - and to prevent us from identifying the real enemy... So who's the real enemy - and what are they doing that they don't want us to know about?

Aren't you even curious?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join