It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dangerous mythical creatures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Almost no one fears god any more becasue almost no one belives in him and those who do fear him are going aganst whateva wacko religion they follow because theyre meant to be loved by the mythical creature god.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The bird thingy from Harry Potter is a hypogriff. It is a creature from Greek lore. It was the creation of a griffin and a hypocampus, also both mythical creatures.

My favorites would have to be the imp. Because they appear so cute and harmless and then....WHAM

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can someone define dangerous cos that sort of might change my original answer. Also cans omeone add their ideas this post is starting to get boring.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When I was a very young child, living in a smallish village in England, my grandparents would regularly warn me about...Will-o'-the-wisps

In folklore, they are thought to be imps or pixies leading victims to danger in swamps and heaths. Sometimes they are believed to be the spirits of stillborn children flitting between heaven and hell.

I still get the willies when I think of walking across the heath at night....

I also grew up terrified of the Bean Sidhe (Banshee).

My, but my grandparents did a number on me

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Humunculus gets my vote. It is as creepy as the grey aliens... And is not entirely fictional. Aleister Crowley talks about it in Moonchild and he has summoned Lams... So who knows? Anyways, humunculus!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tana
i think mine would be the creature from the movie harry potter: prisoner of ascaban. the half eagle half horse thing harry got to go for a ride on i forgot what they called it.

downside it eats ferrets i use to have 2 ferrets i love them, they are my favorite domesticated animal.

thats my 1 cent
that is called a hippogriff

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
El cazador de Túnel is my faovrite. Its a local myth, and it started back in the 1910s, when they still mined coal in my town. The whole story is a fun listen, so i'll repeat it..

It started when a section of the mine collapsed, and 5 people were trapped. They were in there for a couple days before they were dug out, and when they cleared the shaft all they found was 3 mostly eaten corpses, and a bloody drag mark leading deeper into the tunnel. The miners went furhter on, albiet holding their pack axes a little closer. They found one of the trapped workers hunched over a corpse and just tearing one the eyes out when it saw the miners. They ran like hell back out, and it wailed like something.. Less then human as they ran. Since then miners had gone missing every now and then, and people stopped looking after a while. Legend holds that theres still coal down there, but no one is going to touch the plot, since its supposed to be haunted..

And thats a local tall tale for you folks.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Medusa reminds me of my older sisters aswell, maight as well call them the Gorgon sisters.... My favourite mythical creature has got to be the dragon though. The so called "European" dragons I think are the coolest, those bad- mother, fire breathing treasure hording monsters.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
idk what my favorite mythical creature is.....i havent really looked into it for a while.i like faeries,harpies....um.....and i also like gargoyles...hmm....i'd like to hear some more stories about mythical creatures....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
haha true about god hehe im so antichrist hehe jk

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think my favorite mythical creature would have to be the dragon. They are incredibly beautiful animals, and if one were to actually exist, I would pay a fourtune to see it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkut
Humunculus gets my vote. It is as creepy as the grey aliens...

Humunculus' are not creepy. Read the book "Dragon Rider" and you'll see that they aren't creepy, just kind of a scaredy cat.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tana

A griffin.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Father time because no one escapes him and you always lose in the end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join