It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 'Superpower behind' Burma Blasts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The real nasty threats are the passive-aggressive ones who say nasty things in the background, teasing and taunting, to start a fight, then they go crying to the teacher when the otehr kid gets so upset at the little weasel's insults and picking and slugs him. The taunter gets the sympathy while the actual victim gets the punishment on his record, and uses that sympathy for more immunity in future social manipulation.

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Why is it, world politics sounds so much like high school?

Or the bully that gets everything they want by using force and acting all macho. Picking on the weak and stealing their lunch money.

Nice analogy, I like it

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
instead of answering to their own people how it happened, they throw out a smoke screen with no evidence or details. I thought they were clearly speaking of China or OBL

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
I wonder how long the Western world will keep accepting these sorts of rumors, from tin horn dictators and generalissimo's. I wonder how long the liberals will continue to accept as truth the statements of the same dictators they just renounced at a women's rights rally the week before?

This is sooooo very true, I ran into basically the same train of thought on another tread here, people willing to support the ones they BLANK about left and right until they have to pick either great Demon US/Bush and then psychotic and genocidal maniacs are some how more favorable than siding even in the slightest with the US/Bush, and I don’t particularly like bush and I could probably write a book about the wrongs and hypocrisy of this country, but the flip side is show me something better? and where else can you freely and vocally disagree with the government like you can here. I don’t there are big enough issued to side with people fighting for their freedom and right to cleanse their ethnic/religious rivals, torture and killed anybody who disagree in the slightest and treat half of their populations as some form of talking domestic animal who could breed and be killed on whims with no repercussion.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Since there is only one superpower....

My thoughts exactly...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join