It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused (arrrrggggg)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am new here, and a little confused.

When I connect to the home page to see all of the topic categories to choose from, sometimes some are missing. It's like I get an incomplete page.

Why is this, is there a way I can get all the categories all the time?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
definatly weird. i normaly use my ats or new posts buttons.useualy there will be something from the apropriate catigory displayed. if you click on the catigory itwill take you to a list of that catigories posts.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When you go to check up on new posts, are you selecting "myNew" or "new posts"?

"myNew" is a filtered version of "new posts" that only selects from forums that you've indicated are of interest to you - When you join that may be a feature that has one or two pre-selected for you....

To see all new posts...simply click "new posts"....Unless that's what you've already been doing - In which case I'm not quite sure what the problem may be...

If the problem persists, try using the gripe/help button up above to directly seek assistance from the board staff - Just remember to include your screen name in your question

[edit on 5/16/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraph5
I am new here, and a little confused.

When I connect to the home page to see all of the topic categories to choose from, sometimes some are missing. It's like I get an incomplete page.

Why is this, is there a way I can get all the categories all the time?

I know exactly what you mean and I get it all the time. On my ZoneAlarm on my toolbar it says the connection is slow whenever it happens. Its bloody annoying I know.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
seraph5,

I don't think I have ever had this experience, so I am at a loss as to what may cause this.

What kind of connection to the 'net do you have?
I'm guessing you may have dial-up? Maybe the page is loading very slow due to this.
Do any other pages you visit have this problem?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Dial-up may cause it but I have Broadband and it still happens to me. I guess its when there are loads of people on line.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanks for getting back to me guys.

Hahah. i feel a little silly. I din't realize that there are many different ATS sites. Above, below, politics....

Are there any more I should know about?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
well once you get about 3000 more points you can buy into realy above top secret.

also keep in mind that for some strange reason you have to log in to the differant sections seperately. that one drove me nuts.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Are there any more I should know about?

Yeah, Ignorance Denied, which is part of the ATS family, but separate from ATS/BTS/PTS. You'll need a new login.

You might want to check out the links at the very top of the page, starting with "ATS site" at the right).

@ drogo
If it's possible, you might want to NOT log out each time you visit ATS. Just a thought

@ Zanzibar
Do other website load slowly or incompletely for you? Maybe your PS needs housecleaning? Defrag? Clean temp internet files? Clean cache?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
[

@ Zanzibar
Do other website load slowly or incompletely for you? Maybe your PS needs housecleaning? Defrag? Clean temp internet files? Clean cache?

No other sites do this, so it might be my computer. I have years of crap on here so im gonna give it a sprng clean tonight.
Thanks for the help.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Actually, i din't even know we were supposed to log out. haha

I have another question. i just got enough points to have a "custom background image" which I think is a nice little picture nest to my name right?

So, I went to get one at the ATS store, and they say I have to download it from somewhere on the site? Where do I do that?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So, I went to get one at the ATS store, and they say I have to download it from somewhere on the site? Where do I do that?

You need to upload it onto the ATS Upload center. Download the file to your computer (width of 180px), upload it onto ATS, and enter that link when you purchase the image.

It puts the image on your miniprofile instead of the grey background. If your post is long enough so that the image ends, it will repeat - take that into consideration.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have even more questions if you don't miind my asking. Thanks so much.

First of all, I have looked under the terms and conditions, and I cannot find anything that talks about U2U quotas. Right now I have 8, and my quota is 50. What happens when I reach my quota?

And also, I cannot believe it, but I have already gotten a warning. I posted a thread called "Embryonic stem cells--are we playing God" and I am sure you can just imagine how that went. There was this one guy who got really offensive, calling me wacko, a hypocrite, and just basically being outright rude. I tried to not get angry, bbbuuuuttttt, I got a little mad. I don't like being called a hypocirte. So I posted up my last posts that showed how what I was claiming was something I had been consistent about and blah blah blah. hehe. (I won't bore you with the details)So, my question is, is there any way I can contest closing a thread? I don't think I was being out of line. I was reading what I wrote, and my fault lies in using all caps (didn't know I couldn't do that) and a few one sentence replies at the end (did know I couldn't do that, however, it was to make a comment on a quote I posted of myself).

So, I really enjoyed discussing this topic with SOME of the people on the thread, and one guy got me into trouble. He is the one who was being outright offensive, and I don't know why that would affect me. I was trying to be very careful about what I said in response because I know there are moderators checking these things. Can I get the thread reactivated somehow?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The quota is how many u2u's your inbox holds. Once you hit 50, you won't get u2u's until you increase your quota, although I think technically it doesn't happen, I know it did for me... I have 1050 for my quota, which is small compared to some.

If you have an issue with a thread being closed, u2u the moderator who closed the thread by replying to the u2u about that thread. You can also submit a complaint to the moderators, but try u2uing the mod first.

top topics

join