It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled Over? - Lysector PSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Lets say you get pulled over, and you got contraband

say you get pulled over for speeding.

Never consent to a search, but be courtesy, if asked to step out of your car, shut your door and lock the doors, only way they can search is probable cause. They must have some evidence that some criminal activity to search your car, not just a hunch.

Ask straight up, whats the problem officer?

Don't let the police intimdate you.

Ask him are you detaining me, am I free to go now?

Answer questions with questions, I mean cause if you consent and he finds contraband, and YOU WILL GO TO JAIL.

If a cop searches you illegaly, you can go to court and if infact he searched you illegally you can have the evidence thrown out.

It's important to know your rights.

just my lil PSA

also there is a video called "Busted" that you can check out if you aren't sure of what they can and can't do.

Nothing against cops, there are some really great ones out there, but there are ones who will violate your rights by asking you double questions and such.

NEVER CONFESS, even if they say I can help you out if you play ball, even if they say oh you'll go home tonight, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT

Don't ever talk back or raise your voice with police, you want to keep the hostility down. Courtesy and Respect go a long way. Only verbally refuse, never physically resist.

Cops are allowed to frisk the outside of your clothing only if they have a basis that you may have weapons, and NEVER run from cops that just gives legal justification!

If cops approach you Stand your ground, Assert your rights, Officers are not there to be your advocate. Remember you are not required to answer their questions with out a lawyer.

unprofessional police officers need to be held responsible for their actions, if you've been violated try to remember everything and write it down and contact ACLU.

remember
NEVER CONSENT

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
one more thing

NEVER LIE TO THE COPS

If they ask a question that you don't want to answer just don't answer it's much better than lying

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
very good point about the never confessing part. that is their primary tactic. especialy in an interrigation situation. you will hear phrases like "come on just admit it, if you do we will go easyer on you. we know you did it" and "if you help us out we may be able to help you out". NEVER do this.

a typical interigation from my experiance will consist of a lot of acusations. within these acusations they will even straight out lie to you to get you to break down. they will poke and prod verbaly. they will harrass you constantly often hinting to a piece of hard evidance that they have on you. they will threaten you with just how bad it will go unless you admit to whatever they are accuseing you of. remember lieing to them is a tool. they will even take guesses to try to get you to admit guilt. in short they use mental, verbal, and phycological torture to get you to confess. they will promise that they are only looking out for your best interests and that they want to help you out, if only you would help them out.

haveing been totaly innocent i found that i had a hard time not admitting to anything just to make it stop and go away. it seems to go on forever untill you will do almost anything to make it stop. i know others who fell for the lies and got hit full force instead of the lessoning of the offence and help that they were promised. they were made to feel like they had some sort of proof that would show that they did it.

even when you know for a fact that you have done nothing it may seem totaly hopeless and you will want to grab onto that "lifeline" that they toss you. DON"T FALL FOR IT, it is not a lifeline but an anchor. it is a nicely baited hook that you will bite on. and once you have bitten they have you dead to rights. at that point you have lost, after all why would someone not guilty admit to something that they didn't do? and that is the trap.

upon hearing the phraise you are under arrest, ask for a lawyer and except for that request answerno questions. and don't fall for the " we can clear all this up, you don't need a lawyer". at that point you probably DO need a lawyer. they will still badger and harrass you just do the safest thing and keep your mouth shut tight, only repeat the phraise "I WANT A LAWYER". a lawyer is your only defence against the onslot of tourture.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
good advice, HWSOTC (aka lysector)

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Another thing to note is that if you "plead the 5th" that is not divulging information cause of it being self incriminating you can only plead the 5th on individual questions, not a blanket "interregation"

apc

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If a cop searches you illegaly, you can go to court and if infact he searched you illegally you can have the evidence thrown out.

If only this were true. Unfortunately today the system tends not to care when it comes to drug arrests. Illegal search or no, there is a high probability the evidence will be admitted anyway.

95% of city cops are the enemy. Do not trust them, do not listen to them, do not comply with them. You should know your rights, if you dont, start reading. This thread is a good start, but there is so much more. Whether you realize it or not, whether you believe it or not, we are at war. If you haven't come to this conclusion yet, you will.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There are only a few excuses to get out of a speeding ticket.

"I am late for work" is NOT one of them.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
don't forget with a speeding ticket. THE COP IS ALWAYS RIGHT, and RADAR IS NEVER WRONG.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How about not having contraband in the car? Then you don't have to worry.

As for speeding, I'm guily...plenty of speeding tickets (hard not to speed in my stang). Worst was going 120km in a 60 zone, with a case of beer in the passanger seat...was late getting to a softball game with friends. He looked at the beer, looked at me, made sure it wasn't openned, but gave me a ticket anyway, then followed me to the park. Bugger ;-)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How about not having a war on personal freedoms?

Point of the thread is if you find youself in said situation. Besides even If I HAVE NOTHING I don't want some a-hole cop searching my ride.

apc

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

How about not having contraband in the car? Then you don't have to worry.

So if some cop told you to step out of the car and began searching without your permission, you, knowing you had nothing to hide, would not object?

Ive been searched twice because the stupid pig "thought" he "smelled something."
Mustve been his own ass cus both times they spent an hour going through everything, made me incredably late for my destination, only to say "Thank you for your cooperation, have a nice day."

It's called Nazism. They want you in the system, because if you're in the system, you are more easily controlled, monitored, and tracked. They also then make more money off of you, and your family.

I swear if Anarchy breaks out there's gonna be a lot of dead cops around and Im gonna be all outta ammo.

Of course Im not saying every single police officer out there is a bloody pig, just most. Sucks to be a totally innocent walking bullseye, but it also sucks to be a civilian in a city under siege. Either way you're just SOL, and probably dead.

BTW, on the topic of speeding tickets, a little advice. Take it to court, every time. Your odds of beating the ticket get incredably good just by showing up. For instance, if the cop doesnt show, you win. If you know youre going to get a ticket, make yourself as least memorable as possible. Answer questions short and sweet, do what youre told, and try to make yourself blend into the cops day as much as possible. The less he can remember about you in court, the better odds you have of arguing the ticket. And radar/lidar are far from perfect.

new topics

top topics

join