It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else getting this huge ATSNN bug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This has been happening over the past month. I'll submit a ATSNN story, after a few hours it gets approved, I click the 'Confirm Status' to check it out. And my submission number is actually reduced!. This has happened about 9-10 times before. I've been ignoring it but lately I just want to bring it to everyones attention...

Ok here is my most recent ATSNN story. This is before I push the 'Confirm My Status' button. Notice the number of ATSNN submissions that is under my name.

So I push the 'Confirm Status' button and I get a pop-up that tells me that I have 43 submissions. What happened here? Why happened to two of my stories?

And now I'm left with only 43 submissions...

I think I've lost about 12-15 submissions this way. I'm not sure what happens to them, they just...disappear off my account.

Has this happened to anyone else?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Also, I just counted all of my ATSNN submissions and it only has 37 listed.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I can see that this must be stressful for you.

Try not writing submissions for 48-72 hours to see if your number of submissions can grow spontaneously.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Simulacra; I have had the same thing happen to me I had 45 and now I have 40 the last time I looked.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Going to have to bump this again. I don't think I will post another news article until this somehow gets fixed. For some that might be a little relief

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Have any of your articles been moved to BTS or trashed or something? One of my ATSNN articles got moved to BTS because of the number of inappropriate responses to it, and my count went down next time I used the recalculate button.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Have any of your articles been moved to BTS or trashed or something? One of my ATSNN articles got moved to BTS because of the number of inappropriate responses to it, and my count went down next time I used the recalculate button.

I've never had an article moved to BTS. I've taken this into consideration, I'm almost 99.98% sure this is a bug in the ATSNN system.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's likely moved threads.

The confirm button counts all your authored threads within ATSNN that have been published. If a thread was moved or "unpublished" by altering the title, your thread count may be different than your profile count.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've found the solution. Never to push the 'Confirm Status' button and I'll be alright.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I've found the solution. Never to push the 'Confirm Status' button and I'll be alright.

A man walks into the doctor's office, complaining of a pain his neck. "Whener I tilt my head like *this*, It hurts."

"Well, don't do that!"

5 posts lost seems to be a lot for moved, but I know I've had a few moved, brought my total down (from 10 to 7, hehe) How often were you clicking it?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
How often were you clicking it?

At least twice after every submission.

top topics

join