It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost city of the Grand Canyon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kotaro_Fuma
Has anyone gotten any different Info on this? i did a search and came up with the same article over and over again....Is it possible for their to be a lost civilization (semi advanced) in North America?

No, it's not possible that any Egyptian "lost civilization" was there. Of course, there could be many "lost civilizations" in North America. All that means is we haven't found them yet. We know there were people here.

From the newspaper article:

ARIZONA GAZETTE, MONDAY EVENING, APRIL 5, 1909

The latest news of the progress of the explorations of what is now regarded by scientists as not only the oldest archaeological discovery in the United States, but one of the most valuable in the world, which was mentioned some time ago in the Gazette, was brought to the city yesterday by G.E. Kinkaid, the explorer who found the great underground citadel of the Grand Canyon during a trip from Green River, Wyoming, down the Colorado in a wooden boat, to Yuma, several months ago.
(My emphasis)
Note the bolded portions, and that the article says it was first "mentioned some time ago in the Gazette." Anyone wanna bet that it was four days prior to this date that the first story appeared?

There is a rather long analysis of this crazy tale at the following webpage:
jcolavito.tripod.com...

If you run a Google Search on G.E. Kincaid (click that link for it), you'll find the same story repeated everywhere, ad infinitum. The page I linked above also turns up. It's the only one I've found that doesn't try to make some claim of "CONSPIRACY!!!"

I have no doubt that the whole story is a hoax.

Harte

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That's interesting...hope they discover more info about it.

Mod Note: One Line Response – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
jonSUN, as Duncan has said many times. The names came after, during a period where exploreres were obsessed with Egpty. Many of them used such names to help boost the sites, the finds, etc. Including trying to make links between the two cultures - a problem we now see.

These however are not Tribal American names nor were they given to them by the Tribal Americans. The article itself is interesting, however it lacks proof and evidence.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

The damn wasn't built yet in 1909. It was built after this expedition. He had a clear shot down the river. So it was possible. Just thought I would clear that up. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DB Cooper

i know, i wish they could dig up more info as well, ive become sort of obsessed with its mystery.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I spend allot of time Spielunking caves in the area

You encounter multiple problems attempting the canyon, cave entrances are so small in some cases they could be hidden by a not so small rock, so if they have been located, making them unavailable is very easy

then you have the issue of government control on the northside

My best bet to an entrance is in Devils Hole

Made famous by Charlie Manson mansons hole

It is my best bet that if you go deep enough you can access the water ways that run under California and Nevada and come out into the hidden caves system from under that water

I have wanted to do some experimental dives, I have seen work that indicates there may well be door way under the water made of rock that can give you access to the chambers from the location itself and if that fails to materialize, I still believe I can enter the underground rivers in the region via the hole

"The Hole" was thought to be the so-called Devil's Hole in the northwest corner of Death Valley National Monument. The Devil's Hole, which is fenced off, is a forbidding pit of water, murky and ominous, inhabited by little blind fish. As legend as it, a couple of skin divers drowned in the early 60's trying to reach the bottom. For three straight days, it has been writ, Charlie sat crossed-legged before Devil's Hole, meditating with all his metaphysical might, contemplating the ultimate meaning of this bottomless well. After

Many days, Charlie would walk the desert floor in search of this mystical "hole". The idea of a "hole" was by no means a crazy one, since all water flowing into the Death Valley eventually emerges elsewhere in the form of springs. This entire mythology of subterranean worlds fell into place with Manson's "magical mystery tour" concept of I am you and you are me and no sense makes sense, which was more readily acceptable to the minds of his minions in the magical atmosphere of the desert. As Little Paul later noted: "The cosmic vacuum of the desert was a perfect place to program young minds." A parallel to Charlie's vision of a magic hole was the Hopi Indian legend of "Emergence from the Third World". In the telling of this myth, there was a large underground world from which the Hopi Nation would reemerge back to the Earth's surface after Armageddon's embers had turned to ash

more crazy charlie

I don't actually think Charlie was all that Crazy, a fine line between genius and insanity

'Devil's Hole,' in Death Valley National Monument, NE of Death Valley Junction, CA., has been the scene of at least one disappearance. According to Swanson, two boys entered the cave several years ago and were never seen again. Navy scuba diver's were lowered on cables and reported seeing a large river which roared up from below, flowing across a wide expanse. They could not estimate it's depth because of a myriad of colonnades of black rock through which the river flowed before plunging once again down an abyss. The cave is somewhere NEAR 'Devil's Hole' (which is still open to public view, although 'fenced in'), and was allegedly sealed shortly after the disappearance.

The municipal water director, according to the SHAVERTRON article, spoke with aman who claimed that he was hired several years ago by the government to look for water sources for Ft. Irwin. He alleged to have explored an old mine in the area and found that deep down, the shaft intersected with an ancient earth fault or chasm- like cave which continued horizontally for a considerable distance. This government employee followed the chasm and allegedly emerged onto the bank of a huge underground river-cave over a quarter of a mile wide! The tremendous water flow-- possibly originating from the waters that apparently disappear beneath the Great Basin, the Nevada and Mojave deserts?--could have 'fed' the water needs of all of Southern California.

rivers under the desert

I don't believe all the stories but there are far to many to discount and the reality is, there is no accounting for the amount of water the Sierra Nevadas should drain into the region unless much of it is sinking underground into caverns

and a last reason I think my best bet for entrance lies in Death Valley not the Canyon...

This might be a bit out there for some of you but I'll quote an interpretation of the text in the book of Enoch as told to me be a very old Rabbinical scholar many years ago that I have never forgotten...

Then said I: 'For what place is this between the oldest and tallest trees this
accursed valley between?' Then Uriel, one of the holy angels who was with me, answered and said: 'This accursed valley is for those who were cast down

slightly different than the classical interpretation but it was described to me in my studies that, this passage refers to the location where the "fallen angels were cast INTO the Earth

Now... many years later, I looked at Death Valley and realized that...

The Giant Sequoias border it on one side in California

But less commonly known to the North and West of Death Valley lies these trees, the oldest true trees On Earth

Prometheus Bristle Cone Pine

So I have the book of Enoch literally directly pointing to Death Valley as the spot where some were cast down...

Too much coincidence for me, too many stories from the Hopi, the Caves, Area 51, rumors of ships under the base, aliens in the south west

I have my bets on Devils Hole or something nearby getting my access to the under ground, the Canyon is very difficult... (my guess is the tunnels range from New Mexico to California, but I see this as the best possible location to get access, because it's a portion that leads into Water underneath, I could dive it from death Valley and have a shot of getting into the system via the back door...

The land entrances are going to be too heavily used and policed, once into Nevada far enough your at area 51, which my guess borders at the lowest levels an underwater sea I think to get in, i'm going to have to get in via the waterways and there is no way those are patrolled underground

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oh lol, there is an annoying pup fish that is "protected" to keep divers out of the hole...

I'm doing my first practice run here, until I can get a pass to go for devils hole.

Very Interesting Cave near Tucson

peppersauce

There is a lake in this cave and a few years back some divers found a ladder indicating that the water line used to be lower, an equipment failure stopped them from locating what some believe may well be chambers beyond the lake.

I'm going to do this as a safer test run for a good cave dive...

When I get this done (life costs money lol) I will post my images here on ats from this dive, hopefully I can get past and into some new chambers

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have read about this and find it very interesting. I know there have also been misplaced artifacts found throughout the canyon of possible Egyptian origin. I know if any group can find more info, it will be the people on here. I will be monitoring this thread to keep updated. And I will share whatever I find.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The most simple explanation of that newspaper story is that it was made up to boost circulation. Sensational newspaper stories are ALWAYS suspect. The lack of follow-up is one big clue.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Infiltrator

I think there's a lot we don't know.

Not many people are aware of the FACT that Hebrews, and Libyans, and Egyptians were in north america and left evidence all over the usa but the feds keep quashing the info.

In New Mexico there is the LOS LUNAS DECALOGUE STONE inscribed in paleo hebrew....and since nobody knew what that was til the 1990's and the stone has been witnessed by the native americans to be at least 1800's ....later finding out the stone had been unhinged from where it was perched high above where it finall came to rest...write side up, and was estimated to be 3500 yrs=1500bc

In addition to that, stone monoliths are scattered all over the usa....the monoliths were used to find the seasons, like stonehenge.

There were copper engravings of Christ on a cross found around the great lakes where there were lots of copper mines....the writing was in ancient ogham

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276835998&sr=8-2

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IF TRUE, would it not make more sense that it is remnants of a precursor "Mother" civilization, than evidence of directly Egyptian artifacts? Also in the original article, Kinkaid states that they LOOK Egyptian, not that they are.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i know this is an old thread but i thought id put in my two cents and possibly revive it. This is a very interesting topic to me and always has been. Especially the parts about the 1909 newspaper article of an expedition by a professor with the Smithsonian Institute to research possible ancient egyptian artificats in the canyon. To me it is fairly obvious there is some sort of coverup as to what was found during this expedition. Having contacted the Smithsonian institute myself asking questions, all i have ever been told is that there were never any egyptian artifacts discovered in North or South America and also that the smithsonian never participated in any such expedition. I really doubt a newspaper in 1909 completely fabricated an in depth cover story with details, names, and the works. Also, as another ATS poster made me aware, traces of coc aine and tobacco have been found in ancient mummies. Both of which come from new world plants, I.e: North and South America. I find it all plausible than egyptians may have at one point made it here...Now on a more personal note, i have always wanted to go hiking and exploring in the Grand Canyon and search for some of these myths and ancient caves myself however i have never had the opportunity.
But, i the past 5 years i have spent over 2 months at Lake Powell or Glen Canyon over the course of two summers. It is by far one of the most beautiful areas I have ever been to and definately by far the best lake i have ever been. It is just excellent for boating and swimming and water sports. In the summer the water can be anywhere from 70 - 80 degrees making it just perfect. Also the red rocks are quite the site and the lake is as deep as 600 feet and probably more in places. Also, some excellent cliff diving
Although the various crosses where cliff divers jumped to their death scattered about the lake are creepy O.o
Anyways, one day while down there my family and I took the boat down to the southern edge of the lake where we visited some old Anasazi ruins. The lake is so vast it took almost 2 hours by motor boat just to get to the place where we had to hike an adition mile to get to the ruins. It was pretty cool, There were hundreds of steps leading up to a little enclave in the cliffside where about 4 or 5 old homes were. 2 aboveground 3 below. You could actually walk down ladders and go inside the belowground homes which still had old fire pits in them. About the homes on the cliff face itself were some ancient drawing. 3 men were depicted each with spears and one with also a shield and a spear along with some sort of animal that resembled a buffallo. The drawings were bigger than i anticipated the people were probably about arm's length from head to toe tall. Anyways that is as close as ive ever come to uncovering this mystery. Pretty cool experience

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 0subsZero13

Briefly

No sign of Egyptians in the Grand Canyon or elsewhere in the new world

The people of todays sometimes forget that believers existed in the past, some one wrote a humour or deliberately mysterious article in 1909. The people in the story don't check out, the institutions don't check out and there are no artifacts

There would be no possible reason to 'coverup' ancient egyptians in the Grand Canyon? Who would have done this? It would have been an important archaeological find, nothing more

Sorry no the Cocaine mummies have not been confirmed by later studies, no coc aine and limited amounts of nicotine, which has sources in the old world. One great fringe failing is to look no further than the first report, all follow on investigationsare discounted or ignored

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yah the original article is a complete fabrication.
But its awsome you got to experience an ancient dwelling. I myself ran across a small cliff dwelling while on a remote mountin bike in Utah.

But there were no Egyptians in the canyonlands.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

.....that we know of....cue mysterious and dynamic music

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I found a very interesting picture on the Glen Canyon Institute's web site. The pictures are from an album that was created before the canyon was flooded. I found a picture that MAY validate the Egyptian theme. I'm no glyph expert but might not this be Egyptian?

Glen Canyon Pre-Flood Pictures

Can anyone tell if that's Native American or Egyptian?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some of the symbology in this pic seems to be Egyptian. The top of one of hte symbols looks like he eye of Ra. Maybe not,.....any glyph readers in the bunch?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Big problem in your post - you're going by how the rivers run NOW, not how they ran THEN.

Even if you take a look at a map of rivers in the area compared to 50 years ago, there is a big difference.

Compare it to hundreds or thousands of years ago, and the map becomes unrecognizable when compared to present day.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Briefly

No sign of Egyptians in the Grand Canyon or elsewhere in the new world

There are several signs that Egyptian civilization was possibly influenced by earlier civilizations (Atlantean?) that spread throughout areas on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.
edit on 10-3-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

There are several signs that Egyptian civilization was possibly influenced by earlier civilizations (Atlantean?) that spread throughout areas on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.

Howdy babybunnies

More correctly there are claims that they were influenced by x or y

Examination of these have shown them to be without merit nor compelling - the Plato story doesn't work well for explaining the Egyptians as in that story the Egyptians already existed and Plato didn't mention the meso-Americans - who more substantial cultures arose much later than the AE

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join