It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuatha de Dannan: Aliens in Ireland?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Hey Atomix, Dia Dhuit

I would be interested to know if you have any information on the gateways to underground areas via the Rock of Cashel?

I don't remember hearing how the Tuatha arrived in Ireland, but I thought it was from the south. They all had red hair and fair skin apparently, which was not so commen back then.

I wonder how it would all tie in with the stories of Tir na Nog??

I never knew about passage ways in the rock of Cashel. The Tuatha arrived in "Ships from the sky" from the North, or so the story go's.

Slan agus go raibh maith agat.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This story reminds me of the books "The Many-Colored Land and The Golden Torc", by Julian May. Good read too.

Roper

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
This story reminds me of the books "The Many-Colored Land and The Golden Torc", by Julian May. Good read too.

Roper

strangly enough this is just what the books are baced on.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i read a book(cant remember the name or author)that pondered the idea that the Tuatha de Dannan where from the children of dan mentioned in the bible

www.keyway.ca...

i like this quote as well..being celt myself(not the irish kind tho..welsh)

The Scriptures do not plainly state why Danites are not included in the 144,000 - even though salvation is as open to the people of Dan as it is to everyone else. There have been, and are, many opinions and guesses why Dan is omitted from the 144,000 but one clue may have been provided by Dan's father, Jacob/Israel, when he prophetically said about the people of Dan:

"Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward. I have waited for Thy salvation, O Lord." (Genesis 49:17-18 KJV)

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well since they were suposed to "magical" I suppose it might relate to Tir na Nog, and also to the Children of Lir?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just found this! Its about the temple under Tara:
Temple found at Hill of Tara

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I know this is an old post but seen as this is what brought me to this site and this been my first post, indulge me
, the following is from The Book of the Takings of Ireland better known as The Book of Invasions referenced at this great site www.maryjones.us...

So that they were the Tuatha De Danann who came to Ireland. In this wise they came, in dark clouds. They landed on the mountains of Conmaicne Rein in Connachta; and they brought a darkness over the sun for three days and three nights.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I was just telling my husband about this! And here is my query..... could the Tuatha De Dannan be the same extraterrestrials that the ancient egyptians depicted in their drawings? What if they are the same race? Ireland and Egypt are extremely different so it wouldnt be a surprise that their accounts of these beings might differ. Anyways I found this interesting so I will be doing my own research into this subject. I will keep you all updated and please let me know if you find anything yourself!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthAwesome
I was just telling my husband about this! And here is my query..... could the Tuatha De Dannan be the same extraterrestrials that the ancient egyptians depicted in their drawings?

Unlikely, since the Egyptians didn't depict any extraterrestrials in any of their art.

What if they are the same race? Ireland and Egypt are extremely different so it wouldnt be a surprise that their accounts of these beings might differ. Anyways I found this interesting so I will be doing my own research into this subject. I will keep you all updated and please let me know if you find anything yourself!

So, Celts can't draw, is that what you're implying?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Tuatha de Dannan

A mist arose and shrouded their approach to Ireland, eventually out of the mist descended ships described as appearing as though they were made of glass. The four relics are objects they rescued from their homeland that was destroyed in a cataclysm. From each of the citys they took one relic which was housed in four towers dividing the land into four quadrants.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have also read and understood a lot about the Tuatha De Dannan, and I see there is corrollation between them and the Annunaki etc. Though the Annunaki went to a different part of the world. It seems Ancient Astronauts went all and various parts of he world to impart their knowledge to Humans. The Dogon tribes of Africa and the Sirian connection

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
as I seem to be descended from a high king of tara, am I then of alien/replian blood?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Ummm thats your opinion.... the egyptians clearly depicted beings from the sky in their drawings. And did I ever say the celts couldnt draw? No, I did not. You know what they say about ASS- umptions. My point was that two people who speak the same language and come from a similar background can relay an event they both saw in entirely different ways. How much more different would two entirely different cultures depict the same beings? DUH.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Ummm thats your opinion.... the egyptians clearly depicted beings from the sky in their drawings. And did I ever say the celts couldnt draw? No, I did not. You know what they say about ASS- umptions.

The Egyptians depicted "beings from the sky? I think not.
Link please. And, please, not to Childress' website.

Now, it may be that in your mind, some Egyptian artwork depicts things that you want to believe were "from the sky." But, you are obviously are unable to read hieroglyphic text and (apparently) you are ready to refuse to believe that anyone else can.

The gods of Egypt were not thought to have come from the sky.

Since you concede that the Celts could draw, where are the Celts' drawings of "beings from the sky" that are similar to the Egyptians?

My point was that two people who speak the same language and come from a similar background can relay an event they both saw in entirely different ways. How much more different would two entirely different cultures depict the same beings? DUH.

Do both cultures have the same kind of eyeballs?

DUH.

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You seem to be having an issue with understanding what I am saying. This is obviously a personal problem as clearly noone else is having this issue. I never said a thing about Celtic drawings.... that was YOU. The only query I made was about the Tuatha De Dannan being the same sky beings the Egyptians depicted in their pictographs, hieroglyphs, whatever. Its not about DRAWINGS. Its about ALIENS. Are they one and the same? It is entirely irrelevant whether their contact was recorded via pictographs or written word. If you still cant grasp what I am saying then I suggest you try hooked on phonics. I've heard they can do wonders with reading and comprehension.

Now all that being said is there anyone else who thinks the Tuatha De Dannan could be the same aliens other cultures have explained in similar yet different ways?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

You seem to be having an issue with understanding what I am saying. This is obviously a personal problem as clearly noone else is having this issue. I never said a thing about Celtic drawings.... that was YOU. The only query I made was about the Tuatha De Dannan being the same sky beings the Egyptians depicted in their pictographs, hieroglyphs, whatever.

Again, the Egyptians depicted no "sky beings" in pictographs, artwork, or text.

Anyway, if Celtic faeries are Egyptian "sky beings," how could anyone even begin to verify this, absent similar artwork or exactly congruent descriptions?

Harte

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Elora Dannan was a character in the movie Willow, and Tuatha was a part of a magic spell in that movie as well. I guess Hollywood studies Irish lore too.

And yes I know this is a pointless point.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Elora Dannan was a character in the movie Willow, and Tuatha was a part of a magic spell in that movie as well. I guess Hollywood studies Irish lore too.

And yes I know this is a pointless point.

:-) LOL I was wondering if anyone else would know that! My husband is obssesed with willow!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

I caught that a looooong time ago

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join