It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Maryland Girl Has Not Aged In Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
well, that does make sense...but only to an extent.
Where does the web info go that was on non-news sites?

Maybe this is all a misunderstanding, but, if that particular piece was not
meant for syndication, why not report the story without the video footage shot? News is news. If a priest got caught being a bad boy, Im sure he would want to limit his exposure on the news. It doesn't work that way though. I hope this is just a case of protection, & not a secret. I hate to think that girl is being used as a lab rat.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
stranger yet..........

Good afternoon,

The story is now available. You can find it here:
www.thewbalchannel.com...

Thanks for writing!

Larry Frum, Jr.
Managing Editor
TheWBALChannel.com
Baltimore, Md.

This was an email I just recieved today...mind you he emailed me Monday with a different tune altogether. see earlier post

SMR

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well wait a minute.
Syndication is syndication.I mean a TV show is syndication and it isnt limited to any city or state.
The email that says it was not meant for syndication is the original station to air the story and is where the family is from.So why do a news scoop on it if it isnt going to air?
I can understand if the story is from one town and another town/state airs it,but thats not the case.The family is from the city that the news is from that did the story....doesnt make sense at all.

Now why all of a sudden this story back in the news?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Interesting...
very interesting... it seems to be fact...

I hope the doctors can find out why... and if it can be adapted for longevity research. It would help her, and millions of others.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least, I wonder if they will isolate what the problem is

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hell I'm impressed that he emailed me twice in the same week.
I told the editor that I wish they will do a follow up on the family as there are many who are concerned for the girl's welfare.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Well wait a minute.
Syndication is syndication.I mean a TV show is syndication and it isnt limited to any city or state.
The email that says it was not meant for syndication is the original station to air the story and is where the family is from.So why do a news scoop on it if it isnt going to air?
I can understand if the story is from one town and another town/state airs it,but thats not the case.The family is from the city that the news is from that did the story....doesnt make sense at all.

Now why all of a sudden this story back in the news?

No, syndication is not the same as airing. A local TV station can do a piece without ever "syndicating" it. Syndication means the piece is sold/available for distribution to other news agencies/networks.

Main Entry: 2syn·di·cate
Pronunciation: 'sin-d&-"kAt
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
transitive senses
1 : to subject to or manage as a syndicate
2 a : to sell (as a cartoon) to a syndicate or for publication in many newspapers or periodicals at once b : to sell (as a series of television programs) directly to local stations
intransitive senses : to unite to form a syndicate

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow, interesting story. And good job by SMR and the others staying with it and searching on google and finding all the relevant links, and emailing the station to find out what's going on. I don't think it's a hoax at all, just a rare and unfortunate medical condition.

As to why the story disappeared from Google etc. can be explained simply by this notice at the bottom of the current article:

Copyright 2005 by TheWBALChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

www.thewbalchannel.com...

It was their own original reporting not an AP or Reuters wire story, and they are just being aggressive in defending their copyright, is all. It's somewhat unusual but not totally unheard of.

SMR

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
But they removed it as well.Probably the first.
Why would they do that?
In any case,I havent seen anything new develope on this story,but do keep looking.
I hope we can get the doctor to respond or something.The news isnt giving any real answer as to why it was removed and why all publications were removed.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article, kudos to those who stayed with the subject. The fact that 55 links disapeared of Google is disturbing considering that there was 55 of them. Copyright sure, but the original story being yanked too...hmmm. Maybe a mix-up in scheduling,but I don't really think so.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sad/intresting too. Perhaps a rare reverse form of progeria SP? aging syndrome in which some children age physically at an advanced rate and die young. Either way im sure the family involved (if this is true) dont appreciate the story becoming a freak circus.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Intresting, its the first I have heard of anything of the sort. Too bad for the girl.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
As usual very late of me..

But what an intriguing story, for a story to be pulled from various search engines at the same time? Eerie to say the least. I really do wish the best for her and her family. I can only imagine what they are going through. Hopefully they aren't using her as a lab experiment.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My ex-girlfriend is 36 years old, but stopped aging physically at about 12 or so. She's 4'6" tall, and looks about 13 or 14 physically. Mentally she's just fine, other than having the body of a young teenager. Not quite the same, but closest I could relate to.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You shouldn't of ever broke up with her.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I heard a lot of things that I can't repeat here, but were rather.....crude, but funny in a twisted sort of way, mostly because the people saying them weren't the ones you would expect to say them.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've actually heard of a case similar to this from my mother. Back in the mid-50's when she was a teenager, she was visiting relatives in her hometown located in Jalisco, Mexico. She met a young mother, a family acquaintance, with two small children -- a baby and a toddler. When she inquired as to the children's ages, she was surprised to learn that the baby girl was actually three-years old and the toddler was about 18 months.

Years passed, and my mother made another trip in 1984 or 1985. She came across the same family and baby girl appeared to be about seven or eight years-old. She was running around and playing with other children in that age group, but my mother doesn't know any information regarding her overall health.

Please don't ask for any definitive evidence or proof, as I don't have any. Just wanted to share my mother's story.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It seems this poor child is still not aging. She is 17 now and has not changed at all.
here is the newest story on her.

Until recently she had been regarded as a medical oddity but a preliminary study of her DNA has suggested her failure to grow could be linked to defects in the genes that make the rest of humanity grow old.

If confirmed, the research could give scientists a fresh understanding of ageing and even suggest new therapies for diseases linked to old age.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join