It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im telepathic and can comunicate to people with out trying i need to learn how to control it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I never knew this could be possible

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

SO we've got an expert over here!!!!

Why would you consider giving such advice! You have no idea wat the hell is going on in this persons mind and now ur giving him/her advice on what to do!.....WOW

I wouldnt listen to this guy if i were you.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert or hold myself up to your obvious high standards. The person asked for any advice and that is all I gave, drawn from my own experience.

Judging from your reply, it would seem you are the one treading on new ground here and would be well advised to sit in and listen. You may learn something new. Remember the motto? Deny Ignorance!!

There are more things going on in the world then you or I could imagine.

Are u gonna perscribe some drugs next?....GEEZ

I think the current scourge of 'beneficial' drugs being pushed on people like this are half the problem. Plus, not being a pharmacist I would't presume to dare to prescribe drugs to anyone, but I think a good those of liver salts or a nice laxative would help YOU!

Unless you are a certified psychologist, and by the sound of it you aren't, i suggest you refrain from giving out any advice on this subject matter.

I didn't see the 'certified psychologists only' sign on the door, sorry. Where did you get your cert?

AS for the whole

I have a feeling though, that someone is going to contact you soon about this and guide you a little better than I can.

Give it a rest JOHN EDWARDS.

eh, who is John Edwards? I meant someone might post some useful info on this thread, what did you think I meant?

These buggers go for the weak and young

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....how can anyone possibly take u seriuosly.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by LuDaCrIs]

DISCLAIMER: Please don't take me seriously. I bow to your superior judgement and knowledge. Now please talk to somone about your anger issues. Assaulting random posters trying to give advice may be indicative of deeper personal issues. Anything I could help you with, please let me know, don't be shy.

We are all friends here!!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

DISCLAIMER: Please don't take me seriously.

Way ahead of you buddy.

I dont know where you got the idea i was filled with rage and anger. If it rubbed off the wrong way then i will take fault for that. So for that i am sorry.

I didn't see the 'certified psychologists only' sign on the door, sorry. Where did you get your cert?

By no means was i claiming to be an expert, which is why i didnt give any of my personal advice. The point i was trying to make was, and you have obviuosly supported it by saying you arent an expert, that no one should be giving this person any advice other than seeking professional help. You came in with the idea:

"I would suggest finding a quiet corner or place to just sit and relax, meditating on what is being said and practicing shutting it off, focusing on one voice or just listening.

"They are entities which feed off negative emotions. They are easily overcome. Just tell it to get lost and stop fearing/hating it. That will help a lot. These buggers go for the weak and young, every one with those abilities has bumped into them at one point or another.

You obviuosly seem to know wats going on in this persons head. How exactly do you know these things? How do you know they FEED off of negative emotions?

Dont be ridiculous by saying:

I would't presume to dare to prescribe drugs to anyone, but I think a good those of liver salts or a nice laxative would help YOU!"

and then tell me i was assaulting you. I was just questioning how you know these things??....Is it really that wrong to question such things. Isnt this a way of denying ignorance?

I just dont see any merit in what you are trying to suggest to this person. For this i will not apologize, because in the end your advice could ultimetly lead to a worsening of this persons condition. That is why i said "i wouldnt listen to this person if i were you."

I am not trying to censor you in anyway by saying dont post any ideas. I have no problem with you putting your personal experiences down. But when you start telling someone to go into a corner and meditate when they are hearing voices in their head, i think its kind of a bad idea. Wouldnt you say?

Again i apologize for seeming mad at you or hostile, but it just bothered me to see someone giving out advice like that, when they clearly dont understand whats going on in that persons case.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

You obviuosly seem to know wats going on in this persons head. How exactly do you know these things? How do you know they FEED off of negative emotions?

Again, I wouldn't know what is going on exactly in this persons head. However, many of the other posts did recommend cookie seek professional help, so I assume cookie will read all the posts and make the appropriate decision.

How do I know these things? Personal experience. From the age of 12 onwards for about 15/16 years. I have only recently got it under control to some degree, and I am still learning all the time. Cookie can take my advice or leave it. But it is nice to have another direction to take if the establishment is unable to help.

I just dont see any merit in what you are trying to suggest to this person. For this i will not apologize, because in the end your advice could ultimetly lead to a worsening of this persons condition. That is why i said "i wouldnt listen to this person if i were you."

I am not trying to censor you in anyway by saying dont post any ideas. I have no problem with you putting your personal experiences down. But when you start telling someone to go into a corner and meditate when they are hearing voices in their head, i think its kind of a bad idea. Wouldnt you say?

LOL

Here is a wonderful example of ATS karma. Not so long ago I was involved in a discussion where the poster had similar problems to cookie and I gave my advice as usual. There were a bunch of christians in there giving their solution, which boiled down to praying and reading the bible, talking to priests, etc. I went for them the exact way you are going for me. So that is my karma payback right there!!!!

Again i apologize for seeming mad at you or hostile, but it just bothered me to see someone giving out advice like that, when they clearly dont understand whats going on in that persons case.

It's cool, I know where you are coming from. Nobody except the person themselves truly knows what is going on, all we can do is give our opinions.

And is there any real harm in that?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Since the original post was a request for help, I would have to presume he/she wanted information from all angles.

There are indeed forms of mental illness that can manifest themselves in such a manner, but there also are paranormal abilities that can explain the same phenomena. Add to that the possibility that it's all merely the creation of an overactive imagination that has run amok.

Personally, I believe that meditation and reflection on one's thoughts are helpful no matter what the situation is. Medications are a wonderful shortcut often used these days to block out reactions to different stimuli, rather than allow us to find out what the actual ailment or ability involved may be.

Know your own thoughts, your own mind, above all else. There are several different avenues you can travel in search of answers, and each person here could probably give a different path to follow. The key is finding what works for your own personal situation, not blindly accepting any one person's suggestions or ideas as the only way.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
wat your going through is perfectly normal(well mostly) during the teenage (puberty) years it is normal to have weird feelings. they are do to the mind developing. this happens to msotly girls but boys amy have it also. dont be surprised if you find yourslef throwing stuff wiht your mind. paranormal studiers are still studying this if i find a site i will post it. try googling it

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Please Note: I have no credentials to my name to support anything I say. However, I have experience which is sometimes better than clinical theories.

Cookie, you haven't given us a whole lot to work from here.
Are you an angry person, or have you had violent thoughts before?
Do the voices sound different from your own thoughts, utterly and completely? Do you have any bottled up rage issues?
If so, it could be more a psychological disorder.
If they seem to be coming from outside yourself, you should be able to tell. However, there are psychological disorders to explain this, as well.

I do understand what you are going through. My voices began when I was 13. When they started for me I wrote down what they said, and the writings were found by a teacher. I was psychologically evaluated , etc. but nothing was found wrong with me. I was a perfectly adjusted teen. I knew that they could not be from my head. I had no experience with the concepts that were told to me. I was a really happy person. Extremely non-violent. Loved my family, etc.

The voices, however, have continued through til now. I am now 24. The most wonderful thing I can tell you is that as you grow older they aren't so violent and evil. And are heard much less frequently. I have with time learned to turn down the volume in my head. Or block them out by singing to music. I have no clue as to the source of them. Most of the time I talk back to them and make fun of them. I would let them know that they couldn't make me do jack. After I realized that they couldn't hurt me unless I let them, they really dropped back. Meditation helps. Even if your problem is psychological, meditation helps. I gained less violent voices as well.

Unfortunately, no one ever came to help me with this. It really is something that you have to work through on your own. Sounds awful I know. But meditation is a starting point. The drugs won't help if they are real voices. But might if they're not. But this isn't a recommendation to stop medication. It is better to try all avenues.

You do need to find out if psychological problems run in the family. And you should do whatever it is that you feel comfortable with. I know what it is like to have people think there is something wrong with you. But you are the best judge of that.

My best advice is to try to find books on meditation and telepathy. Also look up schizophrenia and other psy disorders. Compare all that info and see how you stack up. It is best to be brutally honest with yourself, and at the same time aware that no one else knows what you are feeling or hearing for that matter.

Be logical, yet skeptical.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i did allitle more research and found that that is very normal during puberty but if it contiues until afetr 18 you are probably phsycic or telepathic for life

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
I do understand what you are going through. My voices began when I was 13.

The voices, however, have continued through til now. I am now 24.

Most of the time I talk back to them and make fun of them. I would let them know that they couldn't make me do jack.

amarenell,

Well maybe you can answer my original question to the poster.

Exactly what type of communication are you having with these voices.

Ask the being you are contacting where they are, if they are human, alien, male, female.

Are they living on our plane of exsistence? What year is it where they are.

Thank you.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
we cant rule out the possibilty hes crazy and jsut "hearing things" but in case you are really telepathic there is an exam you can take i think its called esp.......... something. try to find a person who can give you this test to find out if your crazy or physicic

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Eh, I sympathize...but at the same time...dont. The fact of the matter is that there are wills, and there are voices in your head.
No offense, if you've seen my other posts, you might think I'm a bit crazy, or very crazy...w/e.
But your post got my attention, you are typing and waiting for a response as if it is driving you mad, and yet you won't tell anyone who might *actually* be able to help you IRL...
If it is a gift, great. But generally people dont throw away secrets about themselves for a little attention.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by HasNoName]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Alright so we have a few people in this thread that claim to hear voices from unknown sources yet neither will answer my question.

I randomly hear voices myself from out of the blue and I know I'm not nuts (well I think I'm not) but I am not able to communicate I just hear things.

Sometimes I hear people talking to each other like a conversation about food or auto repair. It's weird as they are not talking to me or trying to get my attention but just carrying on casual conversation.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lanotom

To answer your questions:
The negative voices I hear, I am unable to actually communicate with. They are not responsive to any of my commentary. At least not verbally. They tend to become more distant when I respond to them in my usual manner of telling them to move on. I have noticed that if my mood is negative they are much stronger and harder to get rid of.

The other voice comes to me less like words and more like images. Kind of how people try to translate other languages. I know he is male and distant from me. When he tries to explain things to me, the images are so different from what I understand that I have a hard time interpreting them. So I assume he is either from another dimension or planet or somewhere other than here and now.

I don't pickup thoughts from people about the store , or etc. However, I am able to pickup peoples pain and some times their thoughts when related to it. Again, it is more like images than words, because that is how our minds process information. I actually have posted about this trying to understand it.

Hope this is what you were asking. Oh, and I am sorry for the long delay in answering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join