It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is this girl...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am a.... Normal human being just like all of you. Nope, not an alien to this planet. Just a normal human.

Now there is this human girl in my class and I am interested in turning her into my mat.. I-uhhh mean girlfriend.

Right now I have tried all the mating rit... I-uhhh mean I have tried flirting with her like my specie... I-uhhh mean religion... yeah religion says is proper.

So far i've had some good results (I really think I almost got her with giving her the half digested rat, I'm pretty sure that was look of joy) and some bad results (Spraying my pheramones while around her made her comment about my hygeine).

I have even dispossed of any competition. (BURP!!!!)

Anyway how would a normal human go about trying to win a human girl over. Not that I would have any problem with that being human myself.

(My sick sense of humor aside I could really use some help.)

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Draiden]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Since we don't know how she feels about you, it's a safe bet that maybe she doesn't know you too well yet...???

Do you have some mutual friends? Perhaps you could do a group activity and try to get to know her during this? Then ask for a date from there?

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I do know her actually. We have been friends for several years. I just cant really get up the nerve to tell her.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Friend to Lover transition is a tricky one....

When young (i.e. less than 20), this is extremely difficult.
Once older, much easier to do.

Depending on which category you're in, see how you fare.

Personally, I myself was friends with my wife for years, before we became more. For us, one of us (she) took the first step, and it was a remarkably easy transition (and very quick)...

You're probably worried about it spoiling the friendship...Don't worry, a true friendship will survive a rejection, and the flip side (i.e. she likes you too), is exactly what you're hoping, so either way, you're good.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draiden
I do know her actually. We have been friends for several years. I just cant really get up the nerve to tell her.

I had exactly that problem. I've never been any good at chatting up, or asking out a girl. But I jumped in that time, asked her out and she said no

But we remain friends to this day (2 1/2 years later and we've left school and gone to different Universities), so I didn't lose anything, and in some ways I believe our friendship was enhanced. I'm glad I took the risk, because I would only be regretting it now if I hadn't. As Gazrok said, a true friendship will survive a rejection. Thats what happened with me, and hopefully would happen with you if you make the leap and she says no.

Good luck!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Draiden

Honestly, I'm surprised you've gotten as far with her as you have. I mean, after reading your post, I'm surprised she hasn't maced you yet. That's a good thing I guess. I kid because I care.

Maybe you should try toning down the "sick sense of humor" and approach her in a more friendly, caring, down to earth sort of way.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Agree too with Garzok..a true friendship will survive rejection.

Draiden..no matter what your emotions tell you ...confidence...women/females respond to confidence...almost universally. They pick up on the lack of confidence like radar in the dark. They can spot it miles away ..around the corner in the dark.
Confidence is a learned attribute. It takes years....of work acquiring it . It cannot be bought per se in a squeeze tube or spray can..or by purchasing a certain motorcycle or car. A woman will go along way for a man she determines is confident.
This may be a tall order for a male at your age...but dont worry..just dont spend alot of time flailing around like a fish out of water. They will spot it right away. Learn to be confident in what you do...in everything. Including hunting women/females. Learn to be that Alpha Male.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
Orangetom

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To reiterate the point...

Confidence...

Confidence...

Confidence...

Take it from a former wallflower. Confidence is the key. You're using your sense of humor as a defense mechanism. Consciously or subconsciously, she's picking up on it, no doubt.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Agree again.with Garzok!! Obviously Garzok has been around the block several times.

Using ones sense of humor as a defense mechanism is something women can pick up on too. It falls under "trying out for approval", Women appreciate men trying out for approval but get weary of it too. Very astute of Garzok to pick up on that .

No substitute for real confidence...confidence... confidence.

As Garzok so aptly stated...Wallflower..I too have been there for years before I caught on ..

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join