It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another hostage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Islamic militant group Army of Ansar al-Sunna said on Monday it had abducted a Japanese national working at a U.S. base in Iraq, according to a statement posted on the Internet.

The group posted on its Web site a picture of a Japanese passport bearing the name Akihiko Saito as well as an identification card saying he was a security manager.

The group said it seized him after it ambushed a convoy of cars coming from the U.S. base near the capital Baghdad when the convoy neared the town of Hit in Iraq's Sunni Muslim western region.

"He (the hostage) has serious injuries and we will soon issue a video showing him," said the statement posted on a Web site used by Islamists.

The statement's authenticity could not be verified immediately. There was no independent confirmation.

A Japanese Foreign Ministry official in Tokyo said the government was looking into the report

The militant group said there had been 12 Iraqi "apostates" and five armed foreigners travelling in the convoy.

"The mujahideen (holy fighters) captured them and killed them immediately with the exception of one and he is Japanese."

The organisation, one of the main Sunni Muslim insurgent groups, has claimed responsibility for attacks against U.S. forces and the Iraqi government and killed several hostages.

Being a contractor and seeing the photos of his ID's i am 100% sure this documentation is real and i am aware of this situation what happened, what they fail to mention is the fact that when the area was cleared by the survivors the military returned to the location to recover the bodies only to find out they had rigged the dead with more explosices making it nearly impossible for them to be removed from the site, this is a comman tactic they use, they have even gone to extremes of packing dead animals with explosives and leaving them on the side of roads.... i mean who thinks that a dead dog on the side of the road in iraq (of which there are many) is actually a improvised explosive device!!

Still no news on the austrailian as yet praying for him but every hour that goes by is looking bleaker...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You got a link for the source Jayce?

Its the first i heard i today mate.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
of course eddie, this site is a very sick but they are the first to get this info everytime, last i heard from here was there was still 12 guys missing in action

www.ogrish.com...

just tried this link and it does not seem to work however the site is ogrish.com

[edit on 10/5/05 by jayce]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Link dont work Jayce.
copy it out of ya browser bar.

Gunna have a look. Like ya said, its a pretty sick site.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
should work ??

www.ogrish.com...

read edit on previous post, go to that site, you will find it there

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Fixed the link Jayce

www.ogrish.com/archives/japanese_contractor_akihiko_saito_taken_hostage_by_ansar_al_sunnah_army_May_09_2005.html

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
if i am right that means there are now 3 people being held hostage by militant groups, american, australian, and now this poor fellow..... however i have heard nothing on the american for ages now! he has made only 2 tv apperances from what i am aware, and i was told that the people who taken him where aged average 18-22 years old, they displayed no flags as what is commanly done and no further demands where made?

anyone have any news on this guy?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
going to post this link also as i think this thread needs a little attention and may of been over looked

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
found this about the ossie guy. It was released on the 8th.

www.etaiwannews.com...

Also got this item from the BBC. this one is good.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah eddie i know about the bbc one, it was in the market square in al sadar city, the boom was what woke me up after a long night shift

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hell. dont suppose you got any pictures from it?
Sell them to the media if ya have.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
already posted on yahoo, lucky for me i was no where near the location, bad day for 1 PMC, the insurgents (which are no longer allowed to be called insurgents as it shows the iraqi's cannot control the borders) are using new tactics by sending a secondary device into the area when people go to recover or help the injured....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Found some more info on the Japanese guy here.

news.scotsman.com...

This is going to please the pro Terrorists supporters on here.
Wait for some post to be made to justify this.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
looks like reuters have got the story now also

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
tell you another thing eddie as well, they mostly cross the syrian border thats why the west of iraq is the worst areas! nothing but desert for miles and miles very few towns..... easy place for ambushes and to hide.... well whatever you want, would take decades to search all that area alone..

must point out i am not pointing fingers at the syrians, all borders on the west are near impossible to secure like jordan and saudi but most reports are in the syrian/iraq border areas....

new topics

top topics

join