It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

suicide loosers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i am so sick off all these people coming on ATS going on about suicide and 'cant carry on any more' crap!

for gods sakes..get a grip on your life and seize it by the horns...bad things that upset and depress us happen to us all.....we dont all whine on about how tough life is!

God job during ww2 that our grandparents didnt get all depressed and start killing themselves isnt it!

Depression is a very real thing and help is availble...it can be cured but suicide is not the option....the misery left behind for others to deal with is absolutley awful.

why are people so quick to want to end their life as soon as life puts a hurdle in the way??

GET A FREAKING GRIP!!!

'CARPE DIEM'......its french......ENJOY THE MOMENT AND SEIZE THE DAY!

regards.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A PERFECT CIRCLE

"The Outsider"

Help me if you can
It's just that this, this is not the way I'm wired
So could you please,

Help me understand why
You've given in to all these
Reckless dark desires

You're lying to yourself again
Suicidal imbecile
Think about it, put it on the faultline
What'll it take to get it through to you precious
I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this
Such a mess. Why would I want to watch you.

Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time
What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die

Medicated, drama queen, picture perfect, numb belligerence
Narcissistic, drama queen, craving fame and all its decadence

Lying through your teeth again
Suicidal imbecile
Think about it, put it on the fautline
Go with this, why do you wanna throw it away like this
Such a mess. Why would I wanna watch you...

Disconnect and self destruct one bullet at a time
What's your rush now, everyone will have his day to die

They were right about you
They were right about you

Lying to my face again
Suicidal imbecile
Think about it put it on the fautline
I'm over this. Why do you wanna throw it away like this
Such a mess, I'm over this, over this!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time
What's your hurry, everyone will have his day to die
If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere,
Do it somewhere far away from here

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I totally agree with you optimus fett. Terrible things happen to ppl around the world and those ppl kill themselves over the littlest things like "oh my girlfriend left me waaaaa." What wusses.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Depression is a very real thing and help is availble...it can be cured but suicide is not the option....the misery left behind for others to deal with is absolutley awful.

Yeah right.. nice disclaimer. Depression CAN'T always be cured.. and sometimes people are not even aware they have it.. it also makes matters worse when some people, in there ignorance, go around telling them to just 'get over it'. Please educate yourself.. my neice commited suicide last year and she wasn't a loser.. she had shyzophrenia [sp] and couldn't cope with it anymore.. she didn't do it on a whim.

[[mod directed] edit on 10-5-2005 by riley]

[edit on 10-5-2005 by riley]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I dont agree, each person has a point of no-return. You dont know how bad someone else life can be. You should try to help, not hurt others. I understand its your point of view.

Some people dont REALLY want to die, but they will if not helped.

Just think, you might have pushed someone over the edge, Good job!:shk:

[edit on 10-5-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Just think, you might have pushed someone over the edge, Good job!:shk:

Thats okay.. they can absolve themselves by saying 'they shouldn't have been so sensitive'

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It actually makes me sad to here things like this; I have alot of compassion for my fellow humans,

I think they wish it was that easy as *get a grip* but it goes way deeper than that,

Some people in there lives cant see a way out of hurt and pain, they see no future, no light... the pain inside them builds over a number of years and they feel theirs no escape,

What they need is help. Depression is a terrible illness and still to this day it’s seen as something that is not, I feel that is a real shame,

Sometimes with the right treatment or counselling they can feel there is something more to life, someone else to live for... sometimes they need to be shown this,

You also need to look at the young kids that kill them self’s, Getting bullied at school feeling they cant go on in the terror of there every day existence. Their world is full of dread, every morning they awake is another day to try and get through,

I say if you know someone who is depressed help them get the help they need,

We can’t always do our best for them ourselves but helping them take the right steps to recover is the path to a better life for them,

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

TextYeah right.. nice disclaimer. Depression CAN'T always be cured.. and sometimes people are not even aware they have it.. it also makes matters worse when some people, in there ignorance, go around telling them to just 'get over it'. Please educate yourself.. my neice commited suicide last year and she wasn't a loser.. she had shyzophrenia [sp] and couldn't cope with it anymore.. she didn't do it on a whim.

i apologise riley, yes i actually have been rather insensetive with my post....what i actually really should have said that i was annoyed with people over dramatising a situation and using the 'im gonna kill myself' line for attention and effect...i do appear rather cruel with the way ive posted.

Ive lived with a person whos suffers from depression terribly for a long time...ive seen it in all its ugly disguises and yet the person to which i refer has never thrown the towel in and has strived for years to beat it back....its worked and they are now enjoying a great life.

it just frustrates me that some people seem to lack that inner spirit of the lust for life....i want to shake them and let them see what they personally can change.

maybe people are just not quite as resillient as they used to be and thats a terrible shame.

im so sorry to hear of your loss-i should have kept this rant to myself....please accept my apologies.....again.....i should have engaged brain before mouth.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
"Way above" for Optimus

An outstanding show of character..IMO

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was talking to a co-worker. Someone had told him that they wanted to end it all. My coworker asked the person if they wanted to be 'dead forever' or 'just for a little while'. The person thought about this and decided 'just for a little while'.
If I think about being angry, at that moment in time I cant think in any other way than anger.
When I am sad I cant think any other way. I think depression must be similar in that when you are experiencing the actual emotion it is impossible to feel any other way. If I act in anger and say something unkind I can apologise once I've calmed down. Depression can lead to actions that reflect the feelings at that specific time, sadly sometimes those actions cant be reversed.
Depression runs in my family, I dont experience it myself but I see the effects. Hours of talking can help but once the person is alone the effect of positive thinking can dilute with no one to reinforce it.
Depression should not be seen as weakness (thats like saying feeling in a bad mood is a weakness) because that deters people from seeking help, if people suffer in silence then it becomes worse.
People who experience depression need to be open so that they can get the support they need and look at ways of dealing with those feelings.

We all have different coping strategies and abilities.
Just some of my thoughts.......

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Until anyone has experienced severe depression and/or suicidal thoughts then he/she has no frame of reference and doesn't know how bad and difficult dealing with it actually is.

It is a disease, just like anything else. Starting this thread is just like started a thread entitled "Cancer is for Losers"

I know its a rant, and I am glad you apologized for going a little far in your initial post, but again until you experience severe depression... for months and even years at a time please don't comment about people having depression as "losers"

Thanks... I do commend you for posting though as it is a good topic and will get a lot of responses

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
i apologise riley,

Accepted. Thankyou.

yes i actually have been rather insensetive with my post....what i actually really should have said that i was annoyed with people over dramatising a situation and using the 'im gonna kill myself' line for attention and effect...i do appear rather cruel with the way ive posted.

I don't now the specifics of your situation so wouldn't assume that they threatened it for attention. From personal experience I had a partner that threatened it constantly.. to the point where on one long night I spent six hours trying to convince him not to pull the trigger of a shotgun in his mouth.. I'm quite sure he had depression [well he was a tad psychotic] though I think it was partly emotional blackmail and a power trip. If there is someone like this in your life.. take them to hospital/doctor if they genuinely need help rather than letting it continue. Thats not healthy for anybody.

Ive lived with a person whos suffers from depression terribly for a long time...ive seen it in all its ugly disguises and yet the person to which i refer has never thrown the towel in and has strived for years to beat it back....its worked and they are now enjoying a great life.

It's not about 'throwing the towell in'.. it's about desperation. Everyone has their limit.. obviously he's been fortunate enough not to have reached it.

it just frustrates me that some people seem to lack that inner spirit of the lust for life....i want to shake them and let them see what they personally can change.

Easy to say if you're not in their shoes.. though I can understand how it might be frustrating.

maybe people are just not quite as resillient as they used to be and thats a terrible shame.

I doubt resillience has anything to do with it.. the pressures in the world are ten fold now and so is depression [though of course it has always existed.. it's just more recognised now].

im so sorry to hear of your loss-i should have kept this rant to myself....please accept my apologies.....again.....i should have engaged brain before mouth.

Thankyou for your condolences.
I don't expect you to keep things to yourself.. just to express them more.. tactfully and with more forethought.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I suffer from a mental illness and i get periods of serve depression where i cannot control myself or my feelings. Ive been to the brink of suicide so many times before in the past and i dont feel i am a "loser" due to i cannot help it. I have an illness and find this thread an insult, sorry.

new topics

top topics

join