It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to target U.S. aircraft carriers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
The US has long stated that they will not be the first to use nuclear weapons in a conflict, but I don't think that we would hesitate one second to be the second.

Ummm...excuse me? Many times the U.S. has been pressed on the issue and to this day its the only nation with known nuclear capabilities that has refused to rule out the first strike option.

If the U.S. did feel it was going to be at war with China you can bet the first thing they would do is blind their satelites. With eyes in the sky you can easily see where the ships are and track them right into a trap. You can bet they have the ability to atleast create so much interference that the satalites the Chinese have will be useless.

Your right about the sheer number of chinese that would have to be killed to stop or repel an invasion. Where would they bury all the dead.

Sometimes I imagine a world at peace, with no anger, war or violence. Then I imagine us invading that world cause they'd never even suspect such an act of insanity

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Russia, America, China and EU are all developing ASAT weapons, America isn't the only one however it is the one with the most info leaked.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
China this and China that, and their only 100 hundred years behind in Agressive Technology, though what they have can bring the world to an end - including themselves.

China's now trying to buy Americam cash Giants such as Maytag, as I mentioned before. Which may, if they are allowed to buy and more importantly - manufacture the goods IN the US, set North Diarea to a path of non lethal sales of technology or devices to other nations or Osama's little ring of killers.

Forget about China, they have MFN status from, I believe respected President Reagan's administration?, but they do have it which means they can import into the USA under little duty charges.

Dallas

Dallas

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A couple of things here. A ballistic missile is only good for taking out targets that are in fixed positions. For years the US has has satellite surveilence systems that do nothing but search for a ballistic missile launch. A ballistic missile is on a fixed trajectory and will land within a specific area. A carrier is harder to take out than you may think. I was on the Forrestal in 1985 when she had a shock test done. I believe that they set off 20 tons of explosives some distance away to test how the equipment would stand up. A nuke would have to hit close enough that the carrier would be inside the fireball or very close to it in order to be destroyed. A good reference would be the Bikini tests in the 1950's and this was a hydrogen bomb not a tactical nuke.
Wetdog you are probably going to be on one of the safest ships that you could be on with the exception of a submarine.
Taishyou I think that you are referring to a weapon system from the book "Thunder of Erebus" by Payne Harrison. Other than the Shikval torpedo I haven't heard of any ballistic missile launched torpedo systems and I try to keep track of that stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Do rember that a carrier battle group was supposed to sail up near the USSR and play in a WWIII type scenario. Even if they invaded Taiwan I doubt that the communist government of China would nuke a CBG. The U would have to respond in kind and only a fool would think that it would stop with 1 or two exchanges.

The Aegis system coupled with SSN's and the carriers planes would no doubt stand a good change of killing any platform befoer it go close to hit. When you talk about this scenario people always seem to thing the USN is going to have the carriers sitting right in the Taiwan straight. THey will be fairly far back behind Taiwan is my quess. Any strike will have to route around the island and its defences, past the horde of SSN's and past the Tico's and Burkes SPY radars. Add to that the AWACS and Air Force CAP and its not a trivial exersize.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Russia, America, China and EU are all developing ASAT weapons, America isn't the only one however it is the one with the most info leaked.

The US is also ahead of the pack in development of these weapons.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Actually my understanding of US nuclear policy is that if a war is going badly for us, the plan is to use a selective release of a single weapon in an area near the battlefield to show that we're considering the nuclear option and will use it if we have to. That's what I've heard anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The US is also ahead of the pack in development of these weapons.

how can you say that?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The ABL can be used as an ASAT platform, or there's the original F-15 launched ASAT missile, and who knows what else that's in the development stage.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
USS Lake Eerie. 4 for 5 in the Aegis THAAD tests, with one interceptor software error causing the miss. That's on an inbound missile, using the SM-3ER, which will eventually be replaced by the SM-4 for ballistic missile intercepts.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
America has 11 carriers, China has admitted it could only disable/destroy 3 of them (for now).

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
America has 11 carriers, China has admitted it could only disable/destroy 3 of them (for now).

china hasn't admitted anything about taking on american carriers. syaing something like that makes you sound like war is the only option

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

china hasn't admitted anything about taking on american carriers. syaing something like that makes you sound like war is the only option

I actually read the article where one Chinese general said that very thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

I actually read the article where one Chinese general said that very thing.

please provide link

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
About five years ago, the Chinese "White Papers" by the PLA generals, laid out a plan to take Taiwan. It was their suggestion that when they move on Taiwan, to first strike the U.S. naval forces in the area, U.S. forces in South Korea and in Japan, so that by the time the U.S. was back in a position to aide Taiwan, Taiwan would be completely in the hands of China.

If I recall correctly, they wanted to be prepared to accomplish this by 2006.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
About five years ago, the Chinese "White Papers" by the PLA generals, laid out a plan to take Taiwan. It was their suggestion that when they move on Taiwan, to first strike the U.S. naval forces in the area, U.S. forces in South Korea and in Japan, so that by the time the U.S. was back in a position to aide Taiwan, Taiwan would be completely in the hands of China.

If I recall correctly, they wanted to be prepared to accomplish this by 2006.

ok never knew that

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If the PLA is anything like our military, you can move that date to about 2010, and triple the cost!

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
If the PLA is anything like our military, you can move that date to about 2010, and triple the cost!

lol. well its not. in a communist country things get done.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Its amazing how efficent slave labor camps can be no?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Its amazing how efficent slave labor camps can be no?

lol funny..........................

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join