It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geez, don't you ever tire?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
No disrespect to people, I am genuinely curious, but don't you ever tire of talking about the same things over and over again? I took a break from this forum for almost a month, and the type of topics that were up then in this forum, are still up.

How many times can someone have the same discussion over and over again?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
yeh it does, but you know, i get bored on the internet so i might as well try and post on here

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
nope, cause sometimes topics might be discuss already might have a new twist to it and you can learn something new.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Nothing new under the sun..the reason I love this board is because it is so well run, and such diversity..
I was on a forum I loved, but it got so bad with profanity and insults, the Person whose name was on it had it shut down...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I know there is nothing radically new in the Aliens and UFO field, but come on, why discuss the same topics over and over again?

How many times have we had was Jesus an ET? How many times have we had skeptic vs believer topics? How many times have we talked about Roswell and Area 51? I am sure there is at least something new, or at least lesser repeated here, in the Aliens and UFO field that can be discussed.

Here is a small effort from me to get a more fresh perspective on Aliens and UFO's from the people who discuss it.

Why? Why do we even care about aliens and UFOs, what difference does it make to us? How important do you think it really is for the average man? Is it anymore important than other paranormal areas, such as ESP, astral projection, astral realms, or religious truths such as spirit realms, angels and gods?

From hereon my opinion follows:

Yeah, sure it's so amazing that there are aliens in this universe. But, may I respectfully say, that I don't find it amazing at all. I find it as mundane and ordinary as there being other countries with people. What I find amazing is life and being itself, because within being itself is the entire universe.

I recently read autobiography of a yogi by Yogananda Paramhansa. Story after story, this man tells you of so many amazing feats of nature. From people who teleport, levitate, to people who can be in two places at the same time. As you may remember, I wrote about ancient technological civilisations. I read about people who project to other planets and meet others beings. All of this is seemingly amazing right?

Well, amazing things happen in amazing places, and this universe is a very amazing place. We can all agree life is an amazing miracle. Whether some god created us, or some abstract universal intelligence, or whether it all happened by amazing chance. It is still a miracle and no one can take that away. So, rather than being amazed by something as mundane as people living in parts of the universe, ask yourself, why UFO's and aliens are important for you?

Please do not take this as a criticism of your beliefs. This is just a friendly gesture to initiate some deeper discussion on aliens and UFO's and escape the monotony that otherwise pervades.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well for me this topic represents a big part of the Future. I have an interest in some of the other paranormal things you mentioned as well for the same reson. I could make a list of all the things that used to be classified as 'unknown' or 'paranormal' that are now known and understood as natural but most people are aware of at least some of those.

I have always felt that the reason some people have a hard time with the concept of life outside this planet has more to do with immaturity than with facts. There are plenty of documented encounters with UFOs that leave little room for honest debate, and yet the debate goes on.

So what I see is a day not too far off where we will have no choice but to accept what is right in front of our faces. If it happened today the chaos that would ensue would be massive. Places like this are helpful to me because I can talk to a lot of people who at least are willing to admit an interest in the subject.

Part of the reason that discussion here repeats is because of new people. So sure the questions are the same but they deserve proper answers because they are important to the people who asked them.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Very well said, Alexander Tau, and thank you for all of that. My sentiments exactly. The importance of all of these topics being openly discussed is enormous and ongoing.

Way Above

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Part of the reason that discussion here repeats is because of new people. So sure the questions are the same but they deserve proper answers because they are important to the people who asked them.

Yeah, Alex, I agree with a lot of what you said. It is generally about immaturity, what is popularly called "in the box thinking" The leap out of the box to accept aliens, is in my opinion, a small step out of it. However, for those who are not ready to think outside of a box, even the most closest thing outside of the box, will seem absurd or unlikely.

There are two distinct types of "in the box thinkers" There are those who have their box firmly shut, and those who have it open. In other words what we call the open and close mind. Now, those with have a closed mind, are generally just immature and will eventually grow up. While those who have an open mind, yet still will not step out of the box, have a very legitimate, rational and sensible reason for doing so. That is the lack of proof.

Many skeptics actually believe the possibility for more intelligent life in this universe is likely. Some will even accept that there is a possibility that intelligent life is capable of interstellar travel. However, where are they then? Until this question is not answered, there will never be proof, and these discussions will never amount to anything, other than just some casual discussion.

I firmly believe that we should be progressing every moment of our life, in our knowledge and experience of this universe. I believe we should do the same in this forum. That is what will make it more dynamic and incite more meaningful discussion.

Now, I do understand, there are many newcomers, who want to ask the same questions, and that is why we have something called the "Search" function, and I encourage everyone to use this, before they start "new" topics
as it will help keep the forum more tidy and less cluttered and more creative.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why start a new thread just to discuss the fact that there hasn't been much to discuss about the alien topics lately?

I recently read autobiography of a yogi by Yogananda Paramhansa. Story after story, this man tells you of so many amazing feats of nature. From people who teleport, levitate, to people who can be in two places at the same time. As you may remember, I wrote about ancient technological civilisations. I read about people who project to other planets and meet others beings. All of this is seemingly amazing right?

IMHO, the claims above are more played out and less credible than most alien info (well, maybe that's stretching it a bit
)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
Very well said, Alexander Tau, and thank you for all of that. My sentiments exactly. The importance of all of these topics being openly discussed is enormous and ongoing.

Well put.....................I will second that.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
don't you ever tire of talking about the same things over and over again?
How many times can someone have the same discussion over and over again?

This subject is really an ALL BOARD subject, not
just for this one forum. Have you taken a look at BTS
Religion forum? YIKES. You nailed it for that forum as well!

I'm presenting you with my last 'way above' for this month.
I too understand new folks, or folks that missed things, or
whatever. But some others just want to get on their
one-topic soap box and pontificate thread after thread
about the EXACT same thing, even when their pet subject
has been handily debunked.

[edit on 5/9/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

IMHO, the claims above are more played out and less credible than most alien info (well, maybe that's stretching it a bit
)

Yes, and that is exactly why I mentioned them. That there are much more amazing claims in this world, that could well possibly be true. Yoganada Paramhansa is considered by many to be a very accomplished personality. I mean after reading claims like those, it really puts it into perspective, how mundane the existence of aliens would be. Amazings things happen all the time in this universe, and amazing claims are found in every culture. So, rather than being fascinated by the superficiality of the existence of aliens, IMHO, we should ask ourselves why is it important for us.

There are billions of people who believe in much more amazing things, like angels, souls and gods, for which we have no scientific justification. At least we have scientific justification for the possible existence of aliens.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

we should ask ourselves why is it important for us.

Nice to see you back Indigo. I have to agree with Alexander Tau that the subject of UFO's and Aliens is looking toward the future. Here we have someone or something that has evolved much further than ourselves. Maybe we can learn from them on how they survived the immaturity that you’re speaking of. IMHO, I think the world is on a dangerous path of overpopulation, using up resources and causing global warming. At some point this planet will not sustain the human population as it is. I see it nothing short as looking as possible means to sustain our race. How can we delve into the inner workings of life and excel into a higher state of being if we cannot survive?

There are many repeats that are unnecessary and could be done on older threads, and people should use the search function more. But I don't mind, if everyone found all the answers, then there would be nothing left to discuss, and there would be no ATS.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yeah, I know there is nothing radically new in the Aliens and UFO field, but come on, why discuss the same topics over and over again?

How many times have we had was Jesus an ET? How many times have we had skeptic vs believer topics? How many times have we talked about Roswell and Area 51? I am sure there is at least something new, or at least lesser repeated here, in the Aliens and UFO field that can be discussed.

Here is a small effort from me to get a more fresh perspective on Aliens and UFO's from the people who discuss it.

Why? Why do we even care about aliens and UFOs, what difference does it make to us? How important do you think it really is for the average man? Is it anymore important than other paranormal areas, such as ESP, astral projection, astral realms, or religious truths such as spirit realms, angels and gods?

If our planet is being visited by an Extra-terrestrial biological entity, with advanced technology, then I say yes it is more important than the paranormal.

Imagine a day when fossil fuels are not needed on Earth ! If Aliens do Visit our planet , they aren't using Premium Un-Leaded ! Inter-stellar trade maybe?
The advancments to Science ,and technology , would change the lives of everyone on Earth !
Other areas of the " Paranormal" just don't have the implications , or potential to change our world as the "Alien"and "U.F.O." phenomena does.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Indigo_Child,

Well the fact is that their are lots of other ideas presented here - but the threads are often closed and/or the members are banned.

I guess it is because the new ideas presented are too radical and thus break the extensive rules of this forum.

(And really - isn't it going to require some radical new ideas for us to significantly progress forward towards disclosure?)

What thus happens is you find that only the most harmless or non-controvertial ideas keep being recycled again and again in the alien topic here at ATS.

I find this extreme censorship in the Alien topic all the more puzzling considering that in other topics on ATS I have seen threads with protracted discussions on the manufacture, sale, and use of illegal substances, as well as long threads with people actively encouraging and recruiting for illegal acts such as the storming of military bases.

Now I'm not advocating those threads be shut down - but maybe a decrease in the enforcement of the letter of the law around here in the Alien topic would promote a little more intellectual diversity.

Makes one wonder why a far out topic such as UFO's would warrant such extreme oversight??

Perhaps I will be banned for exposing these beliefs since I am a new member - but as a long time reader of these forums I have seen it happen again and again around here.

I suppose if you really want some new ideas on this forum check as often as possible and try to grab the good, original threads before they are removed.

Thats my 2 cents on the matter.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OK, then IC, let me go through this in a "Nygdanic" way!!... Let's go:

Well, there are actually new things every day, like new sightings, new ideas and new opinions (for the most I must admit), and by the way, every discussion brings something to someone, even if it is not me and not you...

How many times have we had was Jesus an ET? How many times have we had skeptic vs believer topics? How many times have we talked about Roswell and Area 51?

Probably dozens of times each, but then again, each and every discussion is different, and something can be taken off of each of those as an interesting detail...

I am sure there is at least something new, or at least lesser repeated here, in the Aliens and UFO field that can be discussed.

Yes indeed, use the search engine.

You just proved that there are new things...

Well, too many questions to answer here, but again, use the search engine.

From hereon my opinion follows:

Yeah, sure it's so amazing that there are aliens in this universe. But, may I respectfully say, that I don't find it amazing at all. I find it as mundane and ordinary as there being other countries with people. What I find amazing is life and being itself, because within being itself is the entire universe.

I don't find it that amazing myself, but then that's why some discussions are there: people don't agree and they have good reasons for that (some have bad reasons), so they discuss about it.

This is unrelated to this forum.

Well, amazing things happen in amazing places, and this universe is a very amazing place. We can all agree life is an amazing miracle. Whether some god created us, or some abstract universal intelligence, or whether it all happened by amazing chance. It is still a miracle and no one can take that away. So, rather than being amazed by something as mundane as people living in parts of the universe, ask yourself, why UFO's and aliens are important for you?

Or maybe ask yourself if this is not important in the end.

Please do not take this as a criticism of your beliefs. This is just a friendly gesture to initiate some deeper discussion on aliens and UFO's and escape the monotony that otherwise pervades.

Right then Indigo_Child, don't take this as a personal attack, it has nothing to do with that.

Now, Nygdan, don't either yourself take this personally: I just like the way you cut into slices the posts that you (apparently at least) don't like or don't agree with.

Now, this doesn't mean that I don't agree with you IC, there are a lot of threads about the same things, and I reckon that rarely something new is brought into the discussion. But, by the way, we are here for more time than most of the posters (even my mere year gives me the right to say this without turning red in shame...). Therefore we have read those posts before, and we know even before most of the replies come out what will be their text...

Now, this is something, I believe, that involves "being patient is being wise". Be patient, then wise, and wait for the new things... There won't be a new thing for you everyday in here, unless you are new, and that is precisely why there are so many things "all the same as before": new members...

Hope I'll see you soon on the chat!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
man finds out they are real(aliens)
man accepts the reality
man shares technology
man learns how to levitate and travel to other realms via astral projection
man becomes the (alien) on another planet
individual on other planet reads Yogananda Paramhansa.
get the picture .

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There seems to be a general assumption that Aliens will help us advance technologically and solve our problems. Aren't these somewhat naive expectations?

We(as a whole) always expect others to solve our problems; whether that means world leaders, movie stars, Jesus, messiahs, gods, or mom and dad. Rarely do I see people claim responsibility for their own problems. It's always someone else's responsibility.

Here is a thought, maybe that is exactly the reason why aliens do not let themselves be known. Maybe they just don't want to be our teachers, agony aunts, messiahs and problems solvers. Maybe were just too needy and dependent for them to even begin to approach us. Maybe they're just waiting for us to mature.

Alternatively, what if the aliens are self-serving or neutral, and do not care for us. Sure, they may have amazing technology, but if they are not going to share it with us, then what does it matter, and what difference has it made at all?

In fact, I also want to ask what difference will solving our environmental and economic problems make to the common man? Now, be honest with yourself, but how drastically has your life changed with the current rising oil prices or the ongoing global warming? Not really? Actually barely a blimp on the radar. So, even if our envirommental and economic problems are solved, it still barely affects who we are today as people.

Now, perhaps we may expect the aliens to make us happier or teach us how to be a loving society. How do you think they will make us happier? Will they wave a magic wand? Will they inset happiness mirochips into our head? Inner change will only come from inside. The aliens won't be able to help us anymore than Jesus, Buddha or Krishna could. They will tell you the same "know yourself" "awaken" which many of us already do when we meditate. We already know the solution and known it since recorded history. All we have to do is apply it.

Now someone said the paranormal is lesser important than aliens? For arguments sake let us for this moment believe in the paranormal. Let's believe in manifestation, teleportation, transmutation, levitation, astral planes, angels and spirits.

If you had the ability to be able to see anywhere in space-time, to instantly travel anywhere in the universe, to contact any being in the universe, to manifest anything, to be indestructible and immutable, and to be an eternal and immortal godlike being. Now, I'm sure we can agree, but wouldn't this be much greater and personally fulfilling than just knowing that aliens and UFO's exist. Which is blantatly obvious anyway, in my humble opinion.

Hey, I know the space shuttle exists ever since I was born(I wanted to go to space as a child) but this knowledge hasn't been of any use to me. I've never been even close to a space shuttle, let alone flew in one. Do you really think that once aliens disclose themselves, they will take you on trips on their UFO's anytime soon or in your life even. There is so much that exists in this world and isn't ours to own. I know there are movie stars that command global power and respect. I can't do that. So, what good is a movie star to me. I guess what I am trying to emphasise here, is our own personal attainments are far more richer and valuable and fulfilling.

If there is going to be a discloure of aliens. You will hear it, just like you hear everything else that happens in the world - on the news. It's not going to change your reality or solve your problems, and to believe so, is too naive. It's just something you know and it ends there. For billions around the world who already believe in greater things like angels, gods and spirits, aliens will barely make an impact on their psyche.

Personally for me, give me inner peace and happiness, and I am content. I don't need anything more. Now, suppose there was going to be a disclosure, of either the paranormal or aliens. Which would you choose? The one that is going to transform you personally, or the one that won't make any difference, except give you something to talk about(you're doing that already) You know, herein lies the reason why people the worldover, do not take aliens seriously, even those who are convinced the governments of the world are hiding them from us. However, ESP, is much widely believed, and at least here in UK, picking up in the mainstream.

Ironically, some people who believe in ESP, angels, spirits and gods, do not believe in aliens. I think the underlying reason for this, is they have no need to believe in aliens. I started out as an avid believer in aliens and I researched this topic extensively, and I still believe in aliens, but I don't care about them. That is because the novelty of aliens has worn off. I was only interested because I needed something more grande to believe or know. Then as life went on and I learnt more about myself, one amazing truth after the other, amazing things did not seem so amazing anymore - just natural.

Now, I am not trying to strike a debate here on paranormal vs aliens. All I am doing is interjecting some perspective. I know for a fact that people who talk about aliens, are not going to go out and disclose them. It's just talk, and no one wants to walk. I don't blame them for not walking. What is in it for them? Nothing!

Personally, I think the skeptics are wise not to be taken in by this.

P.S Spooky, your avatar is absolutely stunning. JAK and Kinglizard have truly excelled themselves this time.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Alternatively, what if the aliens are self-serving or neutral, and do not care for us. Sure, they may have amazing technology, but if they are not going to share it with us, then what does it matter, and what difference has it made at all?

What difference? Well, they may not share it, but there is some good evidence to show that we’ve obtained some, and if so, going public with knowledge gleaned from it could make a BIG difference….

In fact, I also want to ask what difference will solving our environmental and economic problems, make to the common man? Now, be honest with yourself, but how drastically has your life changed with the current rising oil prices or the ongoing global warming? Not really? Actually barely a blimp on the radar. So, even if our envirommental and economic problems are solved, it still barely affects who we are today as people.

My gas budget has basically doubled since the current monkey in chief and you wonder what impact that would have? If new tech got rid of the reliance on fossil fuels, that would mean a GREAT deal to me, personally. Not to mention, a flying car would be damn cool…

Now, perhaps we may expect the aliens to make us happier or teach us how to be a loving society. How do you think they will make us happier? Will they wave a magic wand? Will they inset happiness microchips into our head? Inner change will only come from inside. The aliens won't be able to help us anymore than Jesus, Buddha or Krishna could. They will tell you the same "know yourself" "awaken" which many of us already do when we meditate. We already know the solution. All we have to do is apply it.

Personally, I’m not looking for an alien messiah… I’d just like to know that a) we’re not alone in the universe, b) now we can go meet other sentients in the universe, c) maybe new tech will end the problems caused by monetary distribution.

Now someone said the paranormal is lesser important than aliens? For arguments sake let us for this moment believe in the paranormal. Let's believe in manifestation, teleportation, transmutation, levitation, astral planes, angels and spirits.

Apples and oranges really, but would fall in with the new tech, it would allow new possibilities…

If you had the ability to be able to see anywhere in space-time, to instantly travel anywhere in the universe, to contact any being in the universe, to manifest anything, to be indestructible and immutable, and to be an eternal and immortal being. Now, I'm sure we can agree, but wouldn't this be much greater and personally fulfilling than just knowing that aliens and UFO's exist.

Sure it’d be greater and more fulfilling, but honestly, I’ll take what we can get…

Hey, I know the space shuttle exists ever since I was born(I wanted to go to space as a child) but this knowledge hasn't been of any use to me. I've never been even close to a space shuttle, let alone flew in one. Do you really think that once aliens disclose themselves, they will take you on trips on their UFO's anytime soon or in your life even. There is so much that exists in this world and isn't ours to own. I know there are movie stars that command global power and respect. I can't do that. So, what good is a movie star to me. I guess what I am trying to emphasise here, is our own personal attainments are far more richer and valuable and fulfilling.

If aliens have been flitting about in saucers for hundreds of years, I’d say that the idea of personal travel in space is not exactly out of the question for the average Joe, given the introduction to such tech. So yes, that would mean a GREAT deal to me if able to so travel.

If there is going to be a discloure of aliens. You will hear it, just like you hear everything else that happens in the world - on the news. It's not going to change your reality or solve your problems, and to believe so, is very naive. It's just something you know and it ends there. For billions around the world who already believe in greater things like angels, gods and spirits, aliens will barely make an impact on their psyche.

I’ll agree with how we’d hear about it, but conditioning and disclosure are two different things. An excellent example is the Iraqi war. Without the conditioning of hyping up various terror cells, call for patriotism, etc., the American public would be calling for Bush’s resignation for basically violating international law and waging an illegal war. When it was finally disclosed that there were no WMDs, the public (at large) was still conditioned to have been satisfied we went there anyhow… I don’t know about you, but yes, KNOWING that we are truly not alone out there WOULD mean a great deal to me personally, just as if a person who believed in Angels, etc. and then suddenly SAW one…imagine what THAT would mean to one….

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There seems to be a general assumption that Aliens will help us advance technologically and solve our problems. Aren't these somewhat naive expectations?

First of all, I also don't believe they will help, if they wanted to, they would have disclosed themselves by now. But don’t you think that the world could learn something just knowing there out there? I wish I had more time to elaborate, but again I'm not looking for a handout as you make it sound. If we had definitive proof and was made public, I think it could be the start of our maturity. But with the current powers that be, this will not happen.

If you had the ability to be able to see anywhere in space-time, to instantly travel anywhere in the universe, to contact any being in the universe, to manifest anything, to be indestructible and immutable, and to be an eternal and immortal godlike being. Now, I'm sure we can agree, but wouldn't this be much greater and personally fulfilling than just knowing that aliens and UFO's exist. Which is blantatly obvious anyway, in my humble opinion.

Personally, I think it would be more plausible to do this with machines, before we can do it with our minds if it is even possible.

I think everyone has to find their own path to look for answers, yours is just one. For me I will keep looking here.

Regards.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join