It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geez, don't you ever tire?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A lot of things in life are repetitive but that doesn't mean there is no purpose for it.And yes I have to agree we humans love routines because it is a comfort zone.But we grow with the times.These are very important times at hand.And its good to get every perspective we can to think outside the box that way we keep an open mind.Our freedom depends a lot on how we think and feel.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thank you EarthSister, RiverGoddess and HAL, always nice to be appreciated.

Indigo_Child,

To me it does not matter, yet, what the intentions of the various alien races are, the effects will be the same. Nobody has to give us technology, just force the 'box' open and we will do the rest. They do not have to solve our problems just remove the pressure of living on this finite Planet.

The possibility of a really grown-up race is certainly wonderful but I think we can handle the whole multitude of life forms.

So many of our problems start to be solved the day we know we are not trapped on this one ball of mud anymore.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Alexander Tau]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From what I can ascertain of the types of incentives offered for interest Aliens and UFO, are three:

1. To solve our problems and to be a role model for us
2. Technology
3. Awe

Now, again, personally, I don't see any depth there. It sounds like either people want new toys to play with(I do admit, I wouldn't mind a flying car) or have starry-eyed hopes that only aliens will be able to solve our problems as a species. In many ways it's almost worshipping aliens.

Now, if this is indeed the common sentiment, then I can understand why aliens don't reveal themselves.

Personally, I don't see any problem that cannot be solved by us. I don't see any need for aliens.

Now if this is about awe of knowing that aliens exist or perhaps the satisfaction of knowing that we are not alone in this universe. What I don't understand, what difference does it make knowing that we are not alone in the universe? Naturally, many here are already convinced aliens exist. Has that transformed you as a person? Has it completely changed your life for the better?

This is a lot like the question you are sometimes asked "I wonder what it was like in the past, without electricity" It was like how it is today. People worked, made love, laughed, cried, dreamed. In our future, someone may ask the same question, and the answer will still be the same. Technology will not change the phenomena of life. I think it is very shallow to put all your values on assets like techology.

No matter how much we advance technologicaly, it won't give us what we really need as people, as individuals, personal growth and contentment, that is all we need to solve our problems.

Yeah, aliens are the future, I agree with that. However, the future is tomorrow, and today is the present. Now my point was not why we discuss aliens and UFO's at all. My point was why discuss the same topics over and over and over and over again. That's wasting time. Why not at least discuss something fresh.

And finally, if so many feel that we need disclosure, then shouldn't we put the ball in your court. Why don't you make an effort to get disclosure? Simply discussing in the same forum, the same topics, the same issues, wit the same people is not going to make more people aware of it. Go out there and promulgate this. The funny thing is, it's not that people are skeptical of aliens, they just don't care. Nor do I.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Indigo_Child,

Go back and read my post in this thread - I believe it answers your question - at least in reference to the alien forum here, and probably many elsewhere.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

1. My point was why discuss the same topics over and over and over and over again. That's wasting time. Why not at least discuss something fresh.

2. And finally, if so many feel that we need disclosure, then shouldn't we put the ball in your court. Why don't you make an effort to get disclosure? Simply discussing in the same forum, the same topics, the same issues, wit the same people is not going to make more people aware of it. Go out there and promulgate this. The funny thing is, it's not that people are skeptical of aliens, they just don't care. Nor do I.

Yep very wise words spoken there in point 2, ie if u want something done quit moaning and do something about it. Shame you couldnt apply that gem of wisdom to the problem in point 1 and start a thread about 'something fresh' .You fell into ya own trap

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yep very wise words spoken there in point 2, ie if u want something done quit moaning and do something about it. Shame you couldnt apply that gem of wisdom to the problem in point 1 and start a thread about 'something fresh' .You fell into ya own trap

Thanks, but I believe I already said I don't care about aliens or disclosure. I was actually going to start an awareness campaign for aliens, by compiling as much compelling evidence as I can, and handing it out to people or mailing it. As well as starting a group. However, I did not go through with it, because I did not see what good it would do. Now, I don't even see what good aliens will do at all in my life.

I am of more spiritual minded, I already believe I am a soul, having a human experience in a temporary reality, and will be having an "alien" experience later. Anyhow, I do apologise, because it is quite hypocritical of me to say I don't care about aliens, and then post about aliens, but I guess curiosity got the better of me.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Indigo, I have to ask if you have also had a change of heart with regard to ancient civilizations? Would you agree that there is something to learn there also, but it would not change our day to day lives? The subject of UFO's is still fresh to some of us, and many are new members with as many questions as I had at one time. Maybe you could help educate some of us.

Regards.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
So many of our problems start to be solved the day we know we are not trapped on this one ball of mud anymore.

Well stated. Hopefully the world could find an objective besides self destruction.

I feel your pain Indgo. At times my interest wanes as well.

And nothing is to say "They" couldn't show up on our doorstep needing our help

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Indigo_Child wrote:

Now if this is about awe of knowing that aliens exist or perhaps the satisfaction of knowing that we are not alone in this universe. What I don't understand, what difference does it make knowing that we are not alone in the universe? Naturally, many here are already convinced aliens exist. Has that transformed you as a person? Has it completely changed your life for the better?

Anyone who has the strength to make the step gains something in open-mindedness, a trait almost everyone could a little more of. 'Completely changed' is an unfair test, 'changed' yea that is true. There is an inherent advantage to understanding something before other people, and humans love an advantage.

History happens, and the people involved do not really see it. As you correctly point out they are busy living their lives. What we are talking about ultimately will be this huge bump in History, and perhaps because it is so massive we just feel it and have for years.

And finally, if so many feel that we need disclosure, then shouldn't we put the ball in your court. Why don't you make an effort to get disclosure? Simply discussing in the same forum, the same topics, the same issues, wit the same people is not going to make more people aware of it. Go out there and promulgate this. The funny thing is, it's not that people are skeptical of aliens, they just don't care. Nor do I.

A group of knowledgeable people answering questions from people who have never asked them before. I think the fundamental flaw in your original question is that a place like this is not an end-point but rather an outgrowth of other events. Any open public forum is pretty much the same way. It can be interesting to watch how an old question gets answered each time, sometimes the understanding has evolved a bit. This is one of many constant public discussions about this subject.

There are people out there, some of them here as well, who are out on a regular basis takeing some sort of action to study or dig for uncovered facts. Real wide public discussion is messy but it is a wonderful thing.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think its important to educate as many people as possible - so if that means I have talk about things already discussed - so be it.

Personally this site stimulates me, however true stimulation comes from real life and participating in it.

How would they effect your day to day lives? Thats a personal thing i believe. I would find comfort knowing there are others out there & I would love to hear music of other species for starters. - Let alone cuisines!!!

Who knows, confirmation of their existance may slow religious conflicts on earth, I think we all could do with a bit of that.

You can only beat a dead horse soo much, but everyone should have a chance at beating it!

Peace to all

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
if your tired of the same topics in ats then got to bts that place always has a new topic or 2

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I sometimes lose interest. I too know I am a spiritual being, and the spirit goes above all, even alien life. But I keep posting. I hope that someone will read my post and get something from it. You know, I get to try and spread some truth. I also am searching for proof to give to others about life outside of our little box called earth. I think we do need to be aware, because what if there really is some hidden agenda, that people in higher places are planning to fullfill. I would like to expose something like this if it is for real, because how could we prepare to fight (if we need to) if we don't know the plan exists.

There are some interesting world events that are catching my attention. The future has some question marks, so I keep my eyes open.

Troy

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi,

I want to be brief this time, as I think we just have a difference of opinion here that is all. I think any knowledge is useless and a waste of space, if nothing is going to be done with it.

These are discussion forums for people with casual interests, and so not surprisingly, the discussions reflect this. However, at the end of the day, that is what this forum is for anyway, and that is what you are doing, so carry on and enjoy yourself. I am just going to sit this one out, unless of course there is something more interesting to discuss later.

I just wanted to say, regarding new perspectives or advancement of understanding on old discussions, there hasn't been any, if there had, there'd no be need for this introspective topic.

Finally, for those who think this should be promulgated or awareness should be maintained or increased, by discussing this. In my humble opinion, you are going about this the wrong way, in fact - in loops. Again, discussing the same things, with the same people, in the same place, is not going to make more people aware.

Personally, I think there is a lot more people need to be aware about, that has more immediate importance and utiliterian value:

Global warming
Spiritual development
Corrupt government
Poverty and unemployment

Actually it's not really a difference of an opinion as such, it's more about a difference of priorities and values, and I would say my priorities and values are more grounded in reality.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No disrespect to people, I am genuinely curious, but don't you ever tire of talking about the same things over and over again?

Did you ever take into consideration that there are new people coming to this forum?
I am one of them.I didn’t know how big the forum is (at the beginning),and I just wanted to have some questions answered (not knowing that previous threads dealt with the subject).So,I’ve opened one,and I got links to older threads,and also some people went through the exercise to “talk” to me even though the same things were previously discussed.I thank them for this, and no, I don’t think is an exercise on futility to try to discuss again about something.Maybe because the “subject” at hand is not written in stone (yet),and different points of view emerge from different people all the time…is it tiring ?.You bet it is, but why look into the subject at all, when one knows from the beginning the nature of it

Why? Why do we even care about aliens and UFOs, what difference does it make to us?

Cogito, ergo sum…maybe ?.Or maybe because is one of the greatest secrets of our lives?
You find it mundane that they exist, although other people just discover this concept. Would you be willing to be patient with them and understand their quest for knowledge?

why UFO's and aliens are important for you?

Very good question. Do you really mean it ?..If everybody here will try to answer it, will you have time to read it?

Why is it important to me?
Because it looks that today the only thing that is understood by the people in power is a higher kind of “power” than the one they have. It might be beneficial for us for the “Aliens” to show up and do nothing…just make their presence known by all. Let the governments know that they are not the kings of this planet enslaving people in any imaginable way they want.
Maybe a little “anarchy” and “chaos” is not such a bad thing after all.

We(as a whole) always expect others to solve our problems; whether that means world leaders, movie stars, Jesus, messiahs, gods, or mom and dad. Rarely do I see people claim responsibility for their own problems. It's always someone else's responsibility.

Brilliantly put. My sentiments exactly. But not all of us think/feel the same. I will never expect another “entity” to solve my problems…but again, if “they” will make their existence known beyond any doubt, maybe the crooks and the power hungry “elected” elite will be forced somehow to change their crooked ways.
Most of us can’t “awaken” anymore, because we don’t realize we are asleep.Fed each minute of the day for years on end with shallowness and stupidity and being rushed to “make a living” we don’t even realize that it could be different.(ask the people with kids and bills to pay and tell me what their reality looks like).

If there is going to be a discloure of aliens. You will hear it, just like you hear everything else that happens in the world - on the news. It's not going to change your reality or solve your problems, and to believe so, is too naive.

I beg to differ on this one,but if you want to know my opinion send me a U2U and it will be my pleasure to discuss it.This post is getting too long.

From what I can ascertain of the types of incentives offered for interest Aliens and UFO, are three:

1. To solve our problems and to be a role model for us
2. Technology
3. Awe

For me would be rather knowledge about the universe, discussions about life, answers about our own ancient Earth history, what makes them tick if they have hobbies, what is it that they like the most, do they have music, how someone more evolved spends the time and what is it that they thrive for…awe?...why?...they are just biological entities. We both have life, us and them, where’s the difference?
Solving problems for us, I’ve said above.
Technology? Yes, but only if I can build myself a flying car with their plans

Seriously, I would be one to buy a different type of car because I am concerned about Global Warming, but where is it?. If I say that money will not make me change my mind, will I sound hypocrite?
Corrupt government?..I don’t live in US, but I am sad and I mourn for all the lives lost so far in a stupid war for nothing. And young people are sent there for what? and how can one change that ?..Landing an UFO, we know on who’s lawn, and showing that there might be some sort of powerful opponent might help?I don’t know, but we won’t know unless it’s tried

Poverty and unemployment?
There’s no profit on eradicating these. And, why would we want to do this? More people will have time to think and educate themselves and start asking questions. Maybe we can ask the aliens how they deal with this concept and how do they make a “profit”.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good thing to think about, new people come in all the time, and could bring new information, new views, and new experiences.

Troy

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Indigo, I can't help but get the feeling you are trying to throw a "grenade" with this thread.

Thats fine, you have some pretty solid points and ideas. I think your stance on knowledge without practical use being unworthy of your time is pretty closed minded. Especially for someone with your very unorthodox belief system.

The very idea of 'knowledge' differs from the term 'technology' for a reason. Capitalism tries to tie knowledge with technology (in the sense that the only way to survive by compiling knowledge is to make money off it), but will only ever succeed partially.

Their is a profound spiritual significance to discovery of life from other parts of the galaxy. What would our relationship with them be? What would their opinion of us be?

Their is such an undeniable potential for getting closer to the truth behind human nature and our motivations through the discovery of other life forms, that I find it unexpected and out of character for you to dismiss it.

Their would be huge opportunities for researchers in the fields of technology, biology, sociology, history, dogma, physics, chemistry, astrology and at the risk of missing anything, spirituality.

The culmination of these things makes up our current culture, how can you condemn cuture as meaningless and mundane? I am dissapointed in you.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How many times have we had was Jesus an ET?

Geeezzz i always thought Larry King was an ET... i mean every time i see him it reminds me of Admiral Ackbar

Just kidding Mr King, if you're reading this... just providing a little humor in our posts

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Enrikez,

I maybe close minded on this, although I am trying to keep myself open to new ideas on this.

You said it will be of benefit to sociologists, physicist, chemistrs, biologists and every other profession you mentioned. I want to ask you, are you a chemist, biologist, socialogist, physicist? If not, why do you care?

I think we can agree that it would be a benefit to society as a whole for there to be a disclosure of aliens. It will expand the social mind. However, how is it going to make a difference to the individual mind and individual life.

To say aliens are going to transform our lives, is like saying electricity is going to transform our lives. Yes, it can give us more activities to do, more toys to play with and make things seemingly easier, but it's not going to change us as people. We haven't changed as people for a long time.

And to say we need aliens to open our minds to what is possible in this universe, or to learn new things, to become spiritual etc. What about all those spiritual people in this world, including myself, do we need aliens to open our minds? For the Zen, it was as simple as meditating on "what is the sound of one hand clapping" Spirituality does not come from adopting a beleif system, it comes from growth within. The Zen Koan is designed just to do that, to get you to explore causality and higher logic.

As long as our individual psyche remains the same, and does not change from within, no matter which time we are in, the present or the future, we will always be in need for more. After we get antigravity and flying cars; we will want the next best thing - teleportation. After we get fusion power; we will want the next best thing - zero point energy. We will always need something. We need that to fill a personal void. This is just our way of distracting ourselves from our personal growth - our spirituality. Nothing is going to change when the aliens are disclosed for the common man and his life, at least nothing personal.

There will be change, however, if we deal with our corrupt leaders. By the way, it is believed they are already in contact with aliens for a long time, has anything changed? Still, like everyone else here, I would quite like an alien disclosure for society. However, if society does not want that right now, why should I push it on them? Should I not show some consideration for their views? This what being open minded is about. The people have spoken: they don't care. They all have their reasons, some better than the others, but this is just how it is. Accept this reality.

In the future, the people will be ready for accepting and integrating aliens into their life, and hopefuly at this time they won't need them. To conclude this post, i'll refer to an alleged aliens reason for not disclosing - "they will worship us or put on a pedestal" I think it is very clear why aliens don't disclose themselves.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Still, like everyone else here, I would quite like an alien disclosure for society. However, if society does not want that right now, why should I push it on them? Should I not show some consideration for their views? This what being open minded is about. The people have spoken: they don't care. They all have their reasons, some better than the others, but this is just how it is. Accept this reality.

This Forum does not count as 'pushing' and is one of the proper ways to express these ideas. One should never 'push' one's ideas on another but rather always be willing to offer them if asked.

Consideration of other's views should also include your own. For anyone who has had a sighting or other event that means talking about it. Lots of ways to do that nowadays, but this is one of them.

I think that actual polls have shown that we on the UFO side have already achieved the first step of our intellectual goals, ie most people believe in some sort of life beyond Earth, and a significant number also believe there have been visits here. The largest number of people have put the information into the catagory of 'nothing I can/should do now, but others will need to do a lot and eventually so will I'. So that makes it hard to accept the reality you propose.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Alexander, a lot of these discussions turn into skeptic vs believer debates, and believers trying to constantly refute skeptics. Sometimes, there are even believer skeptics, that believe, but are skeptical of otherS. There is no progress made, just people trying to get their view accepted.

Now, as I said for casual discussion it is alright to discuss and debate amongst each other. However, it lacks depth indeed. Now, as so many people have given me such wonderful reasons why aliens should be disclosed, it' just seems empty to me, when people will not actually do anything about it. It does not move me at all.

As I said, no one really wants to walk. And, this is not a criticism of them, because I can fully understand why they don't want too. As I said, I don't want to either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join