It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-posting members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was looking at the members list and noticed that many of the members have not posted much. Many 0 or 1 times. I was wondering if the people in charge ever drop members if their account has become inactive for a long time.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I believe a while back when we moved to a new server, we dropped all members who had not posted in the past 6 months, as well as the vast majority of saved U2U messages more than 30 days old, in an attempt to streamline the board.

This is not a normal event, but not to be ruled out if the board needs to be slimmed down again.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, I used to post a few times a day...but I went away for a bit..hopefully I'm not dropped for being inactive, because I'm back!

-Mac

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
DR is correct, I was searching for the relevant thread.

Originally posted by William
Within the next 24 hours, all U2U's that are more than 30 days old will be removed from the system. We have an overwhelming number of U2U messages being stored by users... so many that our database temporarily locked up yesterday

I'm also going to be removing users that have 0 posts, and have not been on the site in the past 60 days. So if you're a lurker and want to keep your profile... POST SOMETHING!

Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We had a better system than that in the past, every 6 months or so the board would crash and we would have to move to a new one. That solved the problem very well.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's about time for another purge.

Although this time, I think we won't purge messages by age, but by the politically charged nature of the content... yeah, that's it.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
.... about to join in the planned "TAKE BACK ATS" march.

J/K.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
.... about to join in the planned "TAKE BACK ATS" march.

J/K.

I'm still into the idea of a TAKE BACK ATS no-holds-barred streetfight.

j/k?
-B.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
It's about time for another purge.

Although this time, I think we won't purge messages by age, but by the politically charged nature of the content... yeah, that's it.

Or maybe just views that don't coincide with yours? Yeah that's it! Then, everything will be good and safe and all those evil troublemakers will be gone...All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out if the "Take back ATS" thing is because of me bein's it started AFTER I got here...you guys are giving me a complex.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm still trying to figure out if the "Take back ATS" thing is because of me bein's it started AFTER I got here...you guys are giving me a complex.

Its because of me. You're safe.

top topics

join