It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official US report on Iran’s state sponsorship of terror

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They aren't afraid of death. The mullahs have said it would be their religious duty to use a nuke against Israel so if it goes bad for them, they just nuke Israel and go to heaven to their 72 virgins, no big whoop.

Oh Pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!! You're beginning to go on my nerves!!!

Let me frist of all inform you that Iranians do NOT believe in the good ole' 72 virgins! The 72 virgins do not exist in Shia doctrine or in mainstream Islamic doctrine - It does not exist in the Holy Qoran - such as it exists in the biased, anti-Muslim sentiments spreading like wild fires on the web and from one ignorant person to another.... I have posted a link below which explains in an EDUCATED manner what the story about "72 virgins" is about..... (Although I seriously doubt that you're even interested to know about it) But basically this is how it works. The Holy Quran is written in a highly allegoric manner - Much more so than the Bible. The Qoran resorts to lengthy descriptions of what Paradise entails. And since it was introduced to the Arab populations of the dry and arid landscape of the Arabian peninsula, it describes paradise as the opposite of that. Green, lush, with an abundance of the purest water and an abundance of everything good. It also describes beautiful female and male companions to those who make it to paradise: "Serving [the believers] will be immortal youths with jeweled and crystal cups filled with the purest wine

We have created mates for them and made them virgins, matched in age, for the companions of the right hand."

"They will be chaste, restraining their eyes in modesty, never touched by man or Jinn."(

There is no promise of any 72 virgins in the Qoran. The 72 virgin nonsense is a hadith, and one which most Islamic scholars do not regard as legitimate. One can say that a hadith is something that certain Muslim scholars have concluded based on their interpretation of the Quran. Those who believe in the hadith about the 72 virgins are the radical followers of the extremely radical Saudi Wahabi sect to which both Osama Bin Laden and the Talibans belonged. The vast majority of Muslims in the world do not believe in or follow the radical Wahabi sect. So what you're saying is comparable to someone who says that Christians say that one must have 7 wives because the Mormons have said that it's ok to have 7 wives.

Anyway, trust me when I tell you that it's ridiculous to believe that the Iranian clergy believe they will get 72 virgins in Paradise! They can get 72 virgins in this life if they wanted to, so there's no need for them to do something to go to Paradise to get 72 virgins!

The Mullahs NEVER said that it is their religious duty to nuke Israel! Maybe ONE mullah said this and then you in your typical fashion exclaim that "the mullahs said...." No such thing! The majority of Iran's priests would regard nuking Israel or any other country as something totally un-Islamic and unethical!

Paradise in the Holy Qoran

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Siroos]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sal88
well an attack/invasion of Iran probably won't be a good idea. Because they will obviously attack back(loads), and it may increase terrorism a lot more, although maybe the Iranians won't stoop to that level, being that they are proud people (apparently). Maybe even it will start a war between the Muslim world and USA, and for as good a reason as ever, which the USA will take severe beats for.

Also, if they do want to nuke USA or Israel, then they will probably be nuked back, so why would they?

I'll be honest, i have not read the entire article, but i get the gist of it. Iran apparently funds terrorism, of which is debatable as to whether it is an outrage or not, seeing as Israel isn't too friendly towards Palestine. What about the Project for a New American Century? Don't they want to take over the world? If i wanted to do that i wouldn't have a problem with demonising countries i want to take over, maybe all these claims are exaggertated? That Fox news report on Iran's nuclear ambitions was an absolute disgrace, it was presented like hollywood first of all. But the most ridiculous thing was when they said, here is a video of a woman being stoned to death in Iran, God knows where or when it was from. Then they said, do we really want a country who treats people like this in possession of nuclear weapons? what a joke! who said that the stoning was state sponsered?

Sorry if that is a bit too conspiracy, but this site is under the conspiracy category on Yahoo!

You're entirely right in everything you said! Iran abolished stoning almost 3 years ago due to pressures from within the Iranian establishment who viewed stoning as a barbaric and un-Islamic act which is not even supported by the Quran.

What you say about the New American Century and thier ambitions to rule the world, and their engagement to spread misinformation towards this purpose is also entirely correct!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Is he (Negroponte) in Court now, being charged at? Like Slobodan Milosevic?

I dont think so. He's got some better work to do - as appointed by Bush himself.

On February 17, 2005, President George W. Bush named Negroponte as the first Director of National Intelligence, a position created due to recommendations made by the 9/11 Commission completed late in 2004. On April 21, 2005, John Negroponte was confirmed by a vote of 98 to 2 in the Senate, and subsequently sworn in as the Director of National Intelligence.

Thats what happens to War Criminals in USA - they get promoted to National Intelligence Directors.

Nice.

[edit on 6/5/05 by Souljah]

Yes, just as the commanders of USS Vincennes got medals for shooting down and Iranian civilian plane, killing its 290 innocent passengers and crew!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos

I don't think you're getting what Xmotex is trying to get across to you, which is that Iran would not do such a thing knowing that the U.S. has the ability to annihilate Iran and most probably would do so if Iran would just for the joy of it decide to nuke the oil-fields. ...................Where do you get your ideas from? What have you been reading or watching? Corsi, huh? Yeah, Corsi is good if you like science fiction and if you enjoy being lied to.

No, I actually don't think Iran would launch an outright nuclear attack against the U.S. I think they would most likely do everything possible to help some fools that actually do believe the 72 virgins BS sneak a nuclear weapon into the U.S. so they could pretend, cowardly-like, that they had nothing to do with it.

[edit on 5/6/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You're entirely right in everything you said! Iran abolished stoning almost 3 years ago

You're actually bragging that Iran quit doing something barbaric like stoning a whole 3 years ago?

And about the virgins, is this an equal opportunity thing? I mean do female martyrs also get 72 male virgins? Come to think of it, would a female martyr actually want 72 male virgins?

Bottom line here is that the lot of you can incessantly bash the U.S., but somebody gives you a taste of your own medicine regarding Iran, and you all just flip out. We have a saying: "Don't dish it out if you can't take it yourself".

Meditate on that one for awhile ...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What, nothing more from Siroos on this thread?

Wait! I see that you are currently busy bashing the U.S. and defending Iran (while trying not to hyperventilate, no doubt) on another thread. I'll be patient.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I don't think you're getting what Xmotex is trying to get across to you, which is that Iran would not do such a thing knowing that the U.S. has the ability to annihilate Iran and most probably would do so if Iran would just for the joy of it decide to nuke the oil-fields. ...................Where do you get your ideas from? What have you been reading or watching? Corsi, huh? Yeah, Corsi is good if you like science fiction and if you enjoy being lied to.

No, I actually don't think Iran would launch an outright nuclear attack against the U.S. I think they would most likely do everything possible to help some fools that actually do believe the 72 virgins BS sneak a nuclear weapon into the U.S. so they could pretend, cowardly-like, that they had nothing to do with it.

Then you are showing your lack of knowledge on the matter and quite frankly demonstrating your ignorance on this subject matter. Reading a variety of sources could help you with this.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What, nothing more from Siroos on this thread?

Wait! I see that you are currently busy bashing the U.S. and defending Iran (while trying not to hyperventilate, no doubt) on another thread. I'll be patient.

So few Iranians post here, so very few. Yet you and many others seem to want to stop them posting here. It is fine for you and many others here to post nonsensical rantings that literally make no sense to anyone that has any knowledge of general world relations to bash Iran...ok.

Still you use the name centurion and are well aware of the Roman way of life(I assume anyway). Carry on killer, carry on.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Then you are showing your lack of knowledge on the matter and quite frankly demonstrating your ignorance on this subject matter. Reading a variety of sources could help you with this.

Best to check in the mirror before you say things like that Kriz. As it turns out, I read from quite a variety of news sources each day. You, on the other hand, sound like the the single-source (only al-jazeera?) person.

P.S. We do have plenty of TP here in the U.S., so I actually get to read the complete articles.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Bottom line here is that the lot of you can incessantly bash the U.S., but somebody gives you a taste of your own medicine regarding Iran, and you all just flip out. We have a saying: "Don't dish it out if you can't take it yourself".

Meditate on that one for awhile ...

I have not read something that amusing for quite a while.

It seems the US constantley calls Iran the "axis of evil"(a childish name if i have ever heard one) and many here say Iranians only want to destroy the US(jeez, come on GROW UP).

And yet ONE Iranian posts here and you want rid of them. YOU can't take critisim, not Siroos.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Best to check in the mirror before you say things like that Kriz. As it turns out, I read from quite a variety of news sources each day. You, on the other hand, sound like the the single-source (only al-jazeera?) person.

You have amused me yet again, twice in one day, good job. You should be proud. I have not actually ever visited al-jaz whatever .com or .net. When was the last time you visited any Persian or Arabian country? Bombing does not count. Never? Thought so.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And yet ONE Iranian posts here and you want rid of them. YOU can't take critisim, not Siroos.

I never asked to get rid of anyone. I've only asked for 1. a level playing field and 2. don't spew it out if you can't take it yourself.

Try this simple test, Kriz. Count the posts. Then come back and tell me who is frantically posting.

As for your invitation to visit, I love to travel and would be happy to take you up on it - just as soon as I don't have to risk getting kidnapped and killed for simply being an American.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I never asked to get rid of anyone. I've only asked for 1. a level playing field and 2. don't spew it out if you can't take it yourself.

Try this simple test, Kriz. Count the posts. Then come back and tell me who is frantically posting.

It seems you are failing from the start to pass your own self proposed 2.

As for 1.?

How is a SINGLE Iranian ever going to have that on this board.

Yes, it is a very simple test you have set. Make sure you can pass such a test before you challenge others to pass it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Single Iranian, I doubt it. But even if that were true, just looking at the active threads, the U.S. bashers obviously outnumber it's proponents by a wide margin. But still none of you can take it if someone gives a little back.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
can i assume that no one on this thread is going to be fighting in a war any time soon? If i am correct, can i suggest we take a step back, and not get so worked up about these discussions and taking it to heart. If i am ever on a battlefield, I'll be wishing disputes were talked through, in a sole attempt to do justice to the problem. well here we have that opportunity, it may not make a difference to world events but it is kind of the most we can do. how about we end the biccering mannerisms and just try and find out the truth, as opposed to defending your side (instead of your argument), and lashing out on the so called opposition.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz helped Iran try to get enriched uranium during the Ford administration, now they are concerned about it?

Just like with Saddam, these guys just create work for themselves.

www.washingtonpost.com...

EDIT: Typo, added link

[edit on 6-5-2005 by curme]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Single Iranian, I doubt it.

I think, as far as I have been aware, however, there has been maybe 3 Iranians post on here. All have started out being very rational. But have been quickly out baited by those who openley support this axis of evil bs, VERY quickly.

But even if that were true, just looking at the active threads, the U.S. bashers obviously outnumber it's proponents by a wide margin.

The US is very active and VERY direct in it's foreign policies. It is the main superpower and whether you like it or not it's actions affect the rest of the world. In terms of population size, the US is fairly insignificant.

I hate US bashers, people who hate Americans because they are American. In my opinion, to be such a person, would be as idiotic as being an Arab hater or a Muslim hater or a French hater or a Christian hater or a European hater or a .... I think you get the idea.

Personaly, at his current moment in time, I think (just my opinion), US foreign policy stinks.

But still none of you can take it if someone gives a little back.

The opposite in fact.

I feel many of us have been recieving for a few decades now. Maybe it is the rest of the world that is now giving a "little back" and you cannot take it?

Perspective.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why don't we just nuke em!!!

Seriously. Be done with this whole thing in a snap. Let's turn Iran into a glass land. That'll be a lesson to any other person who wants to have nukes. You only get nukes if you're down with us. Unless you're Pakistan, India, N. Korea, etc...

[edit on 6-5-2005 by truthseeka]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How the hell does saying "we don't need to attack Iran" equal "America bashing?"

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
How the hell does saying "we don't need to attack Iran" equal "America bashing?"

Taken in the context of just those words, it isn't. However, the 'location' you use for your avatar definately is U.S. bashing - IMO, of course, since you are obviously trying to equate the U.S. with a Europe that was conquered by Hitler.

The proof that your assertion is false is simply the fact that if the U.S. were really like nazi Germany, you would already be in one of those secretly prepared camps we saw in so many ATS threads. BTW, ever read anything about a guy named Quisling?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join