It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official US report on Iran’s state sponsorship of terror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I found this trolling my usual sources of news and stuff this morning and wanted to share it. Its basically a report based on hearings and committee’s discussing Iran’s sponsorship of terror, directly and indirectly. Iran’s level of activity sponsoring terrorism is staggering.

Link to report: Terrorist State

Some interesting bullets from the Finance part of the report:

- “Iran has long been believed to fund Hezbollah to the tune of at least $100
million per year. Recently, Western diplomats and analysts in Lebanon estimated
Hezbollah receives closer to $200 million a year from Iran.7 The increase is likely due to
Iran’s keen interest in undermining prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace (and, in
general, further destabilizing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)…”

- “As a U.S. court noted in Weinstein v. Iran, the period of 1995-
1996 “was a peak period for Iranian economic support of Hamas because Iran typically
paid for results, and Hamas was providing results by committing numerous bus
bombings.”8 Iranian funding to terrorist groups like Hamas and Islamic Jihad (most often
funneled via Hezbollah) increases when they carry out successful attacks and decreases
when they fail, are thwarted or are postponed due to ceasefires or other political
considerations….” (Looks like Iran has a nice bonus package available to its terrorist operatives)

-“According to a December 2000 Palestinian intelligence report
confiscated by Israeli authorities, Iran transferred $400,000 directly to Hamas’s Qassam
Brigades to specifically support “the Hamas military arm in Israel and encouraging
suicide operations,” and another $700,000 to Islamic organizations opposed to the PA”. (encouraging suicide attacks?)

The report is HUGE and I will not paste it all of course. But just from this little taste you can clearly see Iran indirectly supports terrorism outright. If you read the entire report you will read how Iran directly perpetrates terrorism as well. Iranian operatives routinely have executed targets, domestically and abroad.

Combine Iran’s affinity for terrorism, its absolute fanatical stance on world Islamic domination, how can the world allow this terror to have nuclear capability? They don’t need it for power, they control massive oil reserves!!! Its like handing an admitted maniacal serial murderer a gun because he wants “protection”

Wake up and smell the plutonium folks, Iran cannot have nukes.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
well an attack/invasion of Iran probably won't be a good idea. Because they will obviously attack back(loads), and it may increase terrorism a lot more, although maybe the Iranians won't stoop to that level, being that they are proud people (apparently). Maybe even it will start a war between the Muslim world and USA, and for as good a reason as ever, which the USA will take severe beats for.

Also, if they do want to nuke USA or Israel, then they will probably be nuked back, so why would they?

I'll be honest, i have not read the entire article, but i get the gist of it. Iran apparently funds terrorism, of which is debatable as to whether it is an outrage or not, seeing as Israel isn't too friendly towards Palestine. What about the Project for a New American Century? Don't they want to take over the world? If i wanted to do that i wouldn't have a problem with demonising countries i want to take over, maybe all these claims are exaggertated? That Fox news report on Iran's nuclear ambitions was an absolute disgrace, it was presented like hollywood first of all. But the most ridiculous thing was when they said, here is a video of a woman being stoned to death in Iran, God knows where or when it was from. Then they said, do we really want a country who treats people like this in possession of nuclear weapons? what a joke! who said that the stoning was state sponsered?

Sorry if that is a bit too conspiracy, but this site is under the conspiracy category on Yahoo!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I do hope people will wake up and heed this report. Iran is a huge problem and it's not likely going to disappear and take care of itself. Something needs to be done to neutralize this growing threat to world stability.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Where is that Iranian that says they only want peace, that Iran is not a terrorist state? Where oh where are you Siroos?

Who said and I quote,
Should Iran, an ancient country, the world's second oldest civilization, the size of all of Western Europe, and a population of 75 million, cease to pursue its energy needs because Israel, a fifty year old nation, a tiny country not much larger than Monaco, and with a population of 2 million, is threatening Iran that it may attack Iran if it does pursue its energy needs? That doesn't make sense. I say let Israel attack then, if they dare, and let them see just exactly what Iran is about and how Iran will respond! Iran will not allow neither a tiny country like Israel, nor a big country like the U.S. to bully her with their threats and harassments. Iran will continue pursuing its nuclear programme. It has all the legal rights to do so, and if the U.S. and Israel wants to pick a fight, then Iran will fight with them! I cannot see your reasoning of why we should yield to a tiny country like Israel, a newcomer in the area - and one which is not welcome there to begin with. Who is Israel to tell us what we can or can't do?
"

I can wait to hear the spin on this one!It seems to me that Iran is already at war with Israel.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by edsinger]

[edit on 6-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Siroos is busy working at the moment:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh boy, more gutless cowards hiding behind their keyboards, demanding that other people go and die for them.

This is getting old.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Oh boy, more gutless cowards hiding behind their keyboards, demanding that other people go and die for them.

This is getting old.

Replies xmotex from behind his keyboard.......

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I rarely take pride in my posts, but i have to say two of the replies above are sh1t.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Replies xmotex from behind his keyboard.......

I'm not the one advocating aa agressive war I know I won't be fighting in.

I'm not the one looking to murder thousands because I'm scared a country on the other side of the planet, with absolutely no means to do so, is supposedly "trying to take over the world."

People like you are as much dangerous, bloodthirsty fanatics as any Iranian mullah.

[edit on 5/6/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm not the one advocating a war I won't be fighting in.
I'm not the one looking to murder thousands because I'm scared a country on the other side of the planet, with no means to do so, is supposedly "trying to take over the world."

People like you are as much dangerous, bloodthirsty fanatics as any Iranian mullah.

And people like you are blind to the threats that face this world. Iran is the true threat. They dont even try to hide it!!!

If it was up to cowards like you, we would all be speaking German by now.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

These threads are getting sooooooo tired, so I won't attempt to add anything, but I do want to say that the above picture is starting to give me nightmares. What is that????? It looks like the guy who owns the Stop N Go down the street from me..............in drag!!

*holding up a crucifix* The power of Christ compels you!!!

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And people like you are blind to the threats that face this world. Iran is the true threat. They dont even try to hide it!!!

If it was up to cowards like you, we would all be speaking German by now.

Right on, sadly these peaceniks have no comprehension of real evil in the world and what it means to allow it spread unchecked. After WWII we promised never to allow a hostile nation to ever get the chance to become powerful enough to take over the world again.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lol, maybe your pic would work well with her face then

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

- “Iran has long been believed to fund Hezbollah to the tune of at least $100
million per year. Recently, Western diplomats and analysts in Lebanon estimated
Hezbollah receives closer to $200 million a year from Iran.7 The increase is likely due to
Iran’s keen interest in undermining prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace (and, in
general, further destabilizing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)…”

so the US give billions in aid to other orginasations
that are much worse
and like the US supported people to fight under occupation ( making it the worlds biggest sponser of terrorists)
iran have a right to support people that are fighting occupation
aka southern lebenon

also hazbullah are a political orinasation
only branded by us and israel as terrorists

Combine Iran’s affinity for terrorism, its absolute fanatical stance on world Islamic domination, how can the world allow this terror to have nuclear capability? They don’t need it for power, they control massive oil reserves!!! Its like handing an admitted maniacal serial murderer a gun because he wants “protection”

and i ask how can the world stand by and let a tyrent rougue state like the USA have nukes when for years it has funded anti goverment orginasations and terrorists more then Iran and any other state

Wake up and smell the plutonium folks, Iran cannot have nukes.

and i say wake up and watch out for the trigger happy yanks who are day dreaming about fictional nuclear weapons by iran

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Iran is a "true threat"???

The don't even have any means of attacking us.

How the hell are they a threat??

So now you're comparing Iran with WW2 Germany?
Thet's pretty funny, keep it up

Iran doesn't have the means to invade it's own neighbors (and notably has not tried), let alone attack the US. It's military is simply not equipped to project power beyond it's borders. It is fully capable of defending Iran from likely attackers in the region, but that's it.

Second of all, the fanatics in their .gov are simply making noise in a deseprate attempt to hold onto their political power. They try to rile up nationalist sentiments to distract their increasingly pissed-off populace from their failures at home. They are on their way out, and they know it. The one thing that can keep them in power is the "rally round the flag" effect of a military confrontation with an outside agressor, and they are deliberately trying to provoke such a confrontation for that reason IMHO. That doesn't mean we have to play into their hands.

As far as support for terrorist groups goes, Iran supports radical Palestinian groups that attack Israel. Not a good thing IMHO, but something they have in common with just about every other country in the region, including our pals in Saudi Arabia.

If my tone is dismisive, too bad. This is becoming very frustrating. This is what your third (fourth?) thread calling for the US to launch an attack on a country that a) has not attacked us and b) posesses no means whatsoever to do so.

I am no pacifist, I am not opposed to wars conducted for the defense of the United States. I didn't oppose Afghanistan, I didn't even oppose GW1 (we were defending an ally that had been invaded).

But this business of "preemptively" attacking countries because they might want to attack us some time in the future is simply insane.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
An Iran with nuclear weapons will be far more powerful than Hitler's Third Reich ever was, it's not a laughing matter.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Siroos is busy working at the moment:

That is childish, pathetic and an outright attack on a member.

You have shown yourself to be an imbecile. Anything you post in future will be considered irrelavent.

Its people like you that give the US a bad name and make them look, frankly, dumb. Thankfully your kind are few and far between. You should be ashamed.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
And that probably how the Iranians view all the other countries with nuclear weapons. What makes you think they would be stupid enough to use nuclear weapons?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

An Iran with nuclear weapons will be far more powerful than Hitler's Third Reich ever was, it's not a laughing matter.

An Iran with a few atomic bombs still represents little threat to the United States, which has thousands of hydrogen bombs that could be unleashed upon Iran on short notice.

While much is made of the culture of martyrdom in Islamic cultures, it should be noted that it is never the leaders getting themselves blown up. You don't see OBL driving any truckbombs. Similarly you're not going to see the Iranian mullah's get themselves killed in a futile attack on the US.

They know damn well that any attack would guarantee massive retaliation.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
skippy you are boring.

Where do you get this Mickey-Mouse BS?

The Local Republican Propaganda Service?

Iran = EVIL! Iran = Terrorist State Sponsor!

Really makes me Sick reading all this threads, and not to mention all this Childish behavior by djohnsto77 with pictures and stuff. How old are you? Eleven, going Twelve?

Man, if I wanted to make a book like this entitles USA State Sponsorship of Terror: Threatening WORLD Security, Global Stability and WORLD Peace - it would be PRETTY LONG, with lots of pages!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join