It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new improved body armor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
Nice but does it stop them at point blank range? I heared somewhere that the latest bullet proof vests can stop a AK 47 bullet at 50 m. Is this vest the one from that source possibly?

yeah the bullet proof vest u mention that can stop the 7.62 rounds fire by AK 47s is the interceptor body armor. its design to protect the primary organs above the torso. but its disadvantage is no protection on the legs and arms. thats where the new all body protection comes in.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I did notice that later part deltaboy but how well does it stop AK 47 bullets? At 50 m range or closer/futher?

[edit on 11-5-2005 by tomcat ha]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I did notice that later part deltaboy but how well does it stop AK 47 bullets? At 50 m range or closer/futher?

[edit on 11-5-2005 by tomcat ha]

thats wat im goin to find out, its still new so im lookin for the test results in it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
www.dsm.com...

i finally found out that it can stop ak bullets so yeah the new dyneema suit can stop 7.62 bullets.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The tactical ballistic jackets and body armour used by the military, police and navy, provide complete protection to individuals exposed to gunfire, small artillery and shrapnel.

Made from polyethylene and Aramid fibre, ergonometric design for flexibility and comfort, the body armour has the option for ballistic inserts, for higher protection. These can be customised exactly as per the requirement.
-------------------------------

Ceramic and polyethylene ballistic inserts of different protection levels, sizes etc. Can be used as stand-alone as well as in conjunction with vests for greater ballistic protection.
--------------------------

The PASGT helmets and militray helmets are ideal for the army, paramilitary and police forces. They are tough, durable, and reliable and give protection from gunfire up to NIJ Level IIIA, which includes 9mm FMJ, 357 Magazine, 44 Magnum, fragments. The PASGT helmets are compatible with the US Army's Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops (PASGT) specifications.

Additional protection with visors (both ballistic and non-ballistic) and neck protection is also provided as per the requirement. Integration with various equipments is easily possible with MKU Helmets

-------------------------

The de-mining suit is to protect personnel from shrapnel and fragments of close proximity explosive detonations.MKU de-mining suits are designed to protect personnel from all types of high-velocity fragments, pressure and intense heat in a close proximity explosive detonation. Manufactured from ultra-lightweight, non-woven fragmentation material, the de-mining suits are light and flexible and can be worn by mine disposals crews, bomb squads or other personnel working in areas where bombs and land mines are known to be present.

The basic search suit can be upgraded by modular up-armour components.
-------------------------------
BOMB BLANKETS WITH SAFETY RINGS
MKU has developed bomb suppression blankets and safety rings. This combination provides emergency protection against blasts and shrapnel in situations where the bomb or mine detonates before it can be diffused. Effective against most pipe bombs, hand grenades, sharpnel and fragments caused by pressure or electrical explosions.
---------------------------
NBC boots

NBC over-boots are made with a combination of complex rubber compounds and provide 24-hour protection against NBC contamination.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join