It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Once upon anytime traveling alien collective super computer?

It also makes me wonder if than this biblical beast is one and the same as having multiple personalites and playing many roles as some actors have, such as Eddie Murphy.

Would and could a powerful computer created to retain and teach about all the knowledge of the universe about what we could than assume is godlike qualities have a glitch and an ego trip and actually believe it IS now god?

Others might also compare this to the artificial inteligence Hal in 2001 space odyssey and or The Lawnmower man.

So, did God write you a bad script? (sorry about that) Maybe he or her just wanted to get a life, but couldn't make up his, her or it's mind(s) which one?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
An answer from the Qur'aan:
He is Allah, than Whom there is no other god; the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him. * He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory; and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. [Al-hashr 5923,24]

&

Allah! There is no god but He, the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). ِ[Al-baqarah 2:255]

&

Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; then He established Himself on the Throne (of Authority); He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His Law)! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the Signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord. [Ar'ad 13:2]

n.b. Allah or Allaah is the word used by Muslims, arab Christians and arab Jews for God, its derived from [Al: The definitive; Elah: god ] both together becomes AlElah, Allaah...Elah literally means A deity worthy of worship, when adding the definitive it becomes [The Deity Worthy of Worship]. can notice the similarity between "Elah" here and the Hebrew "Eloh" which have the same meaning.

peace

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Who is GOD? or What is GOD? A perfect person, one who sacrifices him for others, or somone who has truthful followers.

None of the above. God is the creative force that drives among other colonies, the humans, to dive deeper and deeper into science. God is science. The average star in this galaxy is three billion years older than our own star. Then we have other galaxies, and even parallell universes. The beginning is the end is the beginning again. God is a time travelling scientist.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Omnipresent, omniscient, without beginning or end.
The one and only thing that is in everything.
The first source.
The creative force which we do not understand and will not fully understand until we rejoin the Godhead from which our souls sprang out of his greatest gift, free
will.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I suppose this is the bit where i do what's expected of me and proclaim that it lives in another dimension, one which is based upon the very fabric of our reality.

The Dimension of Laws, located directly above Chaos in the dimensional scale, controls everything that Chaos tries to get rid of.

I'm under the impression that these two dimensions are the originals - the first two that appeared in what we call reality.

If God truly exists in us all, it is only because he can manipulate the laws of reality to do so.

Now for the fun part of your question - the 'what' bit.

Some would say that he is the ultimate, the thing that presides over the universe, and that we are but his subjects.

Some would say he does not possess sentient capabilities, that he presides over the universe as a 'force', not unlike what we see in Star wars.

I know of only one person who would dare to call an entire Dimension God, regardless of whether or not he believed it.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think the Masons have a good title for God:

The Great Architect

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join