It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will this work, if you want to escape fighting, if there is a draft???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Trustnone.

A friend of mine tried joining the army a few years back and they wouldn't take him because of a juvenile felony.

You have to contact the courts and have them remove it from your record.

As far as I know, the rumors of juvenile records automatically disappearing have been greatly exagerated.

Also, Incognito you mentioned a "fitness training corp". If there is a draft do they have provisions for a "detox corp" so people can't avoid the draft by smoking marijuana and failing piss tests?

I also think the Defense branch of the armed services are a great idea, especially with the compulsory service. If everyone served they would have a much better incentive to pay attention to what happens in our government.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by LeftBehind]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
I have a felony but it was on a juvenile record, you think they would overlook it?

Dont admit to it and they wont know.

as its on your juvenile record.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Dont admit to it and they wont know.

They can check these records. They'll find out. And for other stuff, like the Green Berets, they ask you again, and for that, they definitly check it. Get caught in a lie, and its 'bad'.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Trustnone.

A friend of mine tried joining the army a few years back and they wouldn't take him because of a juvenile felony.

You have to contact the courts and have them remove it from your record.

As far as I know, the rumors of juvenile records automatically disappearing have been greatly exagerated.

Did he mention it to them when they asked him if hed ever been arested or had any felony? before 18?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No he did not admit to it. It was still on his record as far as the military was concerned. He called the courts and they told him that he had to ask them to erase his juvenile record.

It might not show up on an employment background check, but it still shows up for the military.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah im checking but i may be wrong, i guess it depends, a felony could be a problem, an arest with no convictions, i dont think would be, its a agmble i guess.

[edit]

usmilitary.about.com...

[edit on 6-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You can get in the Army with a felony but it has a lower class felony.

As far as failing a piss test well you can fail and still get in with a drug waiver but that will also keep you from obtaining a job more to your liking other than say like infantry, which isn't bad at all.

I agree 100% that everyone should serve some for or another in the military for at least 2 years it would definately change a lot of people and make this country a better place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join