It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will this work, if you want to escape fighting, if there is a draft???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
will this work, if you want to escape fighting, if there is a draft???

i have been thinking about this for a while...

a person MUST "pass" boot-camp in order to be in the army right???

well, if there is a draft, what if the drafted person doesn't "pass" boot-camp???

what if the drafted person is very overweight for example???

i think my plan will work

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There's only one way to escape a draft, become a criminal, or maim and lame yourself. Otherwise, if the situation is so dire that there is a draft, they are taking everyone.

IOW, decide if you prefer your left big toe or your right one.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
gotta be heathy, able to kill, no criminal record or use of drugs. they pretty much take u even if u cant tell the difference between civilian and terrorist as long as u kill both .

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you're so big the uniform won't fit, and the boots won't fit, and they need a crane to get you into the helicopter, they'll leave you alone.

Excuse me while I go prepare another mayonaise sandwich...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I think it's very uncool to try to pass up on a draft, but since you ask......Yes being a fat-body will get you out of finishing boot camp.

They will try and try and try and when they see that someone is sooo lazy and disgustingly fat and they have will to lose weight....then you may go home and play PS2 and eat cheetoes.

Or you act crazy

Fail a piss test

Say your gay
Can't pass a Physical test
Fake an injury in boot camp (and you'll get paid $$$ for this one)

[moderator edit to remove offensive term that did not impact the member's statement at all, please be sensitive to the diversity of this community, thank you]

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Djarums]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
gotta be heathy, able to kill, no criminal record or use of drugs. they pretty much take u even if u cant tell the difference between civilian and terrorist as long as u kill both .

DB what are you talking about....I for one have a drug misdemeanor and the Marines Corps accepted me....hell the Corps is full of boys who had trouble back in the day and crazy MoFo's...
Also the military has waivers for everything.....I mean everything!

Able to kill.....you never know until poop hits the fan.

[edit on 5/5/2005 by SportyMB]

[edit on 5/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think there should be two branches of the military, offensive and defensive. The offensive would be voluntary, and the defensive would be mandatory, at the age of 16 or 18 or 21.

I'd join a defensive corp, to protect my family, my home, my friends, my land.

I have no interest in being an invader, and I think a lot of people feel this same way.

Call it the American Civil Defense Corps, or ACDC.
The motto could be "We Rock!"

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I think there should be two branches of the military, offensive and defensive. The offensive would be voluntary, and the defensive would be mandatory, at the age of 16 or 18 or 21.

I have no interest in being an invader, and I think a lot of people feel this same way.

u can join the Minuteman, thats very good organization.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well you might wanna give up the one about saying your gay, because, soon the military is doing away with their policy on "Don't Ask-Don't Tell".

They will soon be going to a policy of I don't care we just freakin' need you damn-it. This is not right because I for one don't wanna be showering with a man that is looking and oogling at me.

As far as weight some branches are lighter than others and with send you to "fitness Training Company" for nothing but physical fitness and weight loss and when you meet the standards you will be put into Boot Camp.

SportyMB.....the only reason the Marines took you is because they have a policy that is like a point system for recruiters and you had a low score. Also I would like to ask you did you have to enlist with a drug waiver as well as not being able to obtain a Secret Clearance initially and have to serve a couple of years before being able to.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, there was a guy who was nuts..... He dribbled a basketball, an IMAGINERY basketball everywhere he went. Finally they had him in court or something to get him discharged due to mental reasons, and the judge granted it. The guy "dribbled" over, "picked" the ball up, and "placed" it on the judges desk/table thing. When asked what he was doing he replied "I don't need it anymore."

So, if you get drafted, play basketball all day......

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah i agree, a branch of service strictly for homeland defence, that can never

be shipped over seas.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Well, I think it's very uncool to try to pass up on a draft, but since you ask......Yes being a fat-body will get you out of finishing boot camp.

I'm really worried now. So in fact the Natural Selection would really favor fat people, as the slim ones will all get killed and not reproduce?

Where is my pizza (extra cheeze) and Guinness?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yeah i've thought this was a good idea for a long time, but the way they have been using the reserves lately really makes me wonder just how they would be used. But some kind of mandatory civil service should be require I think, it would do a lot of go for the country if we had to do a 1 or 2 minimum of some kind of civil service.

show up to boot camp in drag with a very visible thong and come on to the master chief, lol

if you go in obesely fat or unfit for combat they might draft you for target practice, Oops, did I say that.....

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

SportyMB.....the only reason the Marines took you is because they have a policy that is like a point system for recruiters and you had a low score. Also I would like to ask you did you have to enlist with a drug waiver as well as not being able to obtain a Secret Clearance initially and have to serve a couple of years before being able to.

I have a low score??? Im not sure if you are familiar with a "GT" score, but I scored a 124....that's better than probably 80%, no matter what branch you are in. And as far as the other categories, I scored High.

I take that as an insult.....you don't know me, how can you say that I have a low score.

And yes, I was unable to obtain a clearance of any type for a few years....I don't even think I needed one in my last job.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Check out this statement declearing that there WILL be a D.R.A.F.T

www.frontsteps.com...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Get a psych discharge.

Currently if you sign up for the military, they can keep you forever if they say your skills are required.
There is a guy who is suing because they've increased his "sentence" to 36 years.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Legalizer]

[moderator edit to remove inappropriate comments, we have members of all ages here, DO NOT use language like that again on this board]

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Djarums]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

I have a low score??? Im not sure if you are familiar with a "GT" score, but I scored a 124....that's better than probably 80%, no matter what branch you are in. And as far as the other categories, I scored High.

I take that as an insult.....you don't know me, how can you say that I have a low score.

And yes, I was unable to obtain a clearance of any type for a few years....I don't even think I needed one in my last job.

Hey I was trying to insult you at all, you simply misunderstood me when I said point system.

What you were referring to is your GT score on your ASVAB which is good and you should be proud of that. What I meant by point system is they look at your criminal history and every offense has a diferent point value and when they add it up it has to be below a certain number. I almost think it's somewhere around having les than 2 felonies and they cant be a Class B felony or higher.

As far as your job the reason they let you have that is because it didn't require a Secret Clearance at all.

My apologies for having offended you and hope this clears all thus up. I would also like to thank you for serving alongside so many as well as myself.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My apologies for having offended you and hope this clears all thus up. I would also like to thank you for serving alongside so many as well as myself.

No IncognitoGhostman, no need to apologise. I should apologise for jumping the gun, I misunderstood your point. Thanks for making it clear
Again, my bad.

Well my last MOS did not require a clearance, but I have lat-moved since then and well that's another story.....

Anyways, Yes thats is true....recruiters have a system and a quota they must meet, from what Ive heard recruiters often do not like to go over that quota becasue they can use the "extras" to go onto thier qouta for thier next term instead of having to meet a deadline and being X number of recruits under.

Also, I agree soon gays will be allowed to join the military, Unfortuneatly.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB for one have a drug misdemeanor and the Marines Corps accepted me....hell the Corps is full of boys who had trouble back in the day and crazy MoFo's...

But no drug felonies. Felons are not accepted into the Army. The marines might have lower standards tho, who knows...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a felony but it was on a juvenile record, you think they would overlook it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join