It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiram's Key

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ok, found this book at the book store and have been looking at it a bit...while some of it seems pretty accurate, other bits seem very off the wall looney.

I'm betting this is mostly due to my lack of having read it fully, but I doubt that all it claims (Such as finding a "real Hiram" that isn't Hiram from the Bible) and such...is accurate at all, and I bet the authors have dug into some really strange archives to dig up whatever they could to support these ideas.

What interested me was their discussions of Rosslyn and such...but anyways...to those others here who've read it, what information have you gathered from it?

So that I can better analyze the book
and maybe try and cross-reference it, which is the only way to verify any form of history

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
FM

I have this book and read it several years back. Your summary review has instilled the same opinion you will have when you have finished devoting a lot more time to it. It is the same as most books written in this genre. You can see the kernels of truth...and then the exhorbitant obsession with a tunnel view, which leads to arguments that can not be digested, unless you're ready to stand on your head, pinch your left nipple...and whistle dixie.

Oh well, my view is take in all of it...and then use your brain as the filter.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
FreeMason

1. This is an evil woman currently in Tweety bird disguise.

2. She is trying to do you harm. I know. Be careful.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I resemble that remark.

I thought you were my friend

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, yes, but you haven't asked about my neck and left nipple lately, and now I see you trying to entice an innocent down the same path to mischief and self-injury.

I am only looking after the ATS family as best I can do. Also, I would make sure FreeMason carries his facsimile scrolls through a security checkpoint to avoid what you allowed to happen to him yesterday.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't see her enticing anything, I agree, the book is fairly off-the-wall...I'm just curious what exactly the book is trying to claim...that Jesus was a Freemason or some such thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah, basically...it's the whole beat "the freemasons have this great big secret and I wonder what it is...oh yeah, Hiram was a widow's son and Jesus was a virgin's son and wine out of water and Jesus was an Egyptian High Priest ...and oh yeah, look at Rosslyn chapel...Rennes-la-chateau...

oh my gosh we're going to DESTROY the christian faith!"

Yeah, that thing. The big underground stream thingy....only, there are about 1500 different obsessive tunnel-vision theories on it...and this is one of them.

It's hard to answer "what they are driving at". This is another one of those books that when you are finished you feel one of the following:

1. You just got back from Alice's through the looking-glass.
2. You feel screwed...but never kissed.
3. You wish you could have your 12 bucks back...and the time you wasted on a book with no real point.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
FM...

You don't feel the urge to pinch your left nipple???

(Damn! I'm losing it!)

must be the new avatar

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well actually Valhall the Truth is far better than the stupid Tunnel Vision theories...I've posted what I can of the truth here before, a good one was entitled "The Enduring Crusade" but most people don't take to the idea that Freemasonry got its kick from the Templars as a "Counter Crusading organization"...if you'd like to have an insite into that side of Masonry, go find that old thread and read it.

As for other things in masonry, the history alone is far better than the myth.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I once was asked to join a lodge,but I moved out of the area before I could start the process.That was several years ago.I'm still wanting to join a lodge,but I don't know a member personally,and I don't think it's acceptable to just show up and say,"hi, you don't know me,but may I join your lodge?".
Any advice? you may contact me at: [email protected] to reply

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanseeker

I am a Mason. Just find a local Masonic Hall and ask to join. You will be welcomed with open arms.

top topics

join