It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House Committee Approves Ban on Suggestive Cheerleading, Drill Teams and Dance Squads

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This ruckus in the Texas senate speaks poorly I believe of the senators of Texas. Instead of simply handling the matter at the local school board, one senator is trying to impose his ideas on everyone in the state of Texas. I guess this could be a career deciding decision he is making come the next election in Texas. Of course if the people of Texas decide one dance move is so outrageous that all dancing is immoral and should be banned, I guess they can do that. Maybe they should get a copy of the Taliban decency laws as well and ban any skin covering on females and require veils as well. Showing female faces and their red lipstick may be considered sexual suggestive. Even some muslims consider female hair showing to be sexually suggestive. If you apply this law, then females can't be identified on driver's licences (veils hide the face and identification). Therefore the state of Texas will have to strip females in the state of Texas of all females driver's licenses. I guess the Taliban party in Texas may be arriving. I may decide to vote for all Democrats myself if this trend continues among Republicans. This matter should be handled at a local school level, not in the Texas senate.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I guess the Taliban party in Texas may be arriving. I may decide to vote for all Democrats myself if this trend continues among Republicans. This matter should be handled at a local school level, not in the Texas senate.

I guess you didn't read the part about the bill being written by a Democrat.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
perhaps we should think why he came up with this - he was watching the "booty shakin" and got a wee bit excited his wife enters sees this gets angry he denies, denies, denies then says wait i can prove how innocent i am i'll draft a law and have it pass prohibiting all cheerleaders from this evil behavior. viola! what a sham. i agree that some of the routines are a bit risque but it has been that way since i was a cheerleader back in early 70's. i agree with earlier post - are we saying men are too stupid and totally lack any self control therefore we have to have all girls (over what age?) dress in sack cloths. whatever. people need to be held accountable for what THEY DO not try to look at who they harmed and blame them. and once again the parents need to be aware i have seen girls as young as 5 and 6 dressed up for cheerleading and doing some very suggestive moves where did they learn this? from parents and whomever they hired to teach the squad. this law is ignorant and of course as any thing the government does has an alternative motive.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join