It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House Committee Approves Ban on Suggestive Cheerleading, Drill Teams and Dance Squads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What about the girls walking around with their g-strings in full view? There's just no place for that in a school setting. I had to wonder what kind of panties a certain little fox was wearing when I was in high school, now you don't even have to wonder anymore..........it's right there in plain sight!!!!!!!

Peace

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ahem, doctor love what is so bad about a piece of underwear, it means nothing to me...........just like a bra or a corset.

Why men make such a big deal about it..................

You don't have to look at it.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ahem, doctor love what is so bad about a piece of underwear, it means nothing to me...........just like a bra or a corset.

Why men make such a big deal about it..................

You don't have to look at it.

I never said I didn't want to look.

It means nothing to you marg because that's the difference between males and females..

Peace

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And CNN, the past hour reported some legislative supporters are already making public arguments that suggestive dancing leads to AIDS and pregnancy, so banning it is a no brainer.

God Bless Texas!!!! but screw the politicians!!!!!

Man these people are taking it too far, in fact they should'nt have pursued this in the first place.

sex leads to HIV, AIDS, PREGNENCY, STD's, not cheerleaders!!!!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I never said I didn't want to look.

It means nothing to you marg because that's the difference between males and females..

Peace

I got you

Actually I hate to see the silly underwear over the hip area, my daughter choses to wear them but she admit that it looks "nasty" (those are her words) when they are showing.

Now I like the bustier under a blouse I thing is pretty and sexy.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Being a re blooded male, pretty well anything sexual about a female is good

I draw the line though when ANYONE mixes sex or "sexual simulation" etc with kids.

It's funny that the number one rule for advertising is that sex sells - it's a fact.

Now...about 7 or 8 years ago reports came out about the "huge market" that children are regarding their spending power...then came the advertisement targeting children.

And the number one rule that advertising executives are told is that "sex sells"...

Makes you wonder doesn't it

I've seen ads that cross the boundaries VERY CLEARLY.

The media is one area. Cheerleaders are another - I've seen 10 year old girls on TV in cheerleading teams with their knickers hiked way up their bums! Good for those pedos out there - all they have to do is turn on the TV.

So...as you've probably seen - sexy girls are great but when sex and kids are mixed, it's only making our kids more prone to sexual attacks...it creates a "tabboo" desire.

...and don't get me started on how kids are used in advertising is a "sexual manner" to sell products to adults...

...and we wonder why there are more attacks on kids!!

What a joke!

The biggest exploiter of kids is the media industry too - why should kids have to pretend to be someone else when they haven't even sorted out who THEY are yet. No wonder a HUGE number of child starlets have very sad stories to tell.

So...anyone doing/promoting this kind of behavior (ie mixing sex iwth kids) should have 6 cents spent on them in the form of a lead projectile!

Cheers

JS

[edit on 4-5-2005 by jumpspace]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Any of you ever wonder why traditional Muslim hate America so much? Its not our country they hate, but our western VALUES. They see young American and European girls going wild on TV and thats exactly what they DON'T want to happen to their Muslim girls.

Most Muslim men go to great lengths to hide their wife and teenage daughters beauty from other eyes. They cover up their girls hair (which is a powerful tool to attact men) and they protect their daughters virtue, because:

-They don't want their daughters coming home from school with a "girlfriend" and a nose-ring. They sure would not let their 15 year old daughters dance in public like this. They want their girls to marry into respectable families and give them Grand-kids.

-They don't want their wives dressing like a prostitue in low hung Guess jeans with a g-string riding high. They sure don't want their wives to be "club-hounds" and bring a STD and shame into their home.

Their scared of what our sick western society will do to theirs...is that worth fighting and killing for? Im not sure, but sometimes I think clearly enough to see a traditional Muslims POV about Western Society and where its going. In that respect I agree with some of the stuff they say...just because their Islamic does not make everything they say wrong.

sorry if I sent off subject, but Western Society seems to heading down a path of Saddam and Gommora...where everything goes and everyone does everything that makes them feel good without any guilt. Maybe its starting to trun around now and I hope we can find a balance somewhere in the middle.

Maximu§

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The article she/he quotes says that this bill "cleared a subcommittee," which is a long way from "clearing the house."

Every year, there are about 5 - 8 k pieces of legislation that clear committees and never have any other action taken . . . .

This is why we have school boards; so they can enforce local community standards, instead of letting a buncha of purvs from Austin doing it.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

I have to agree that girls in our society are way to over exposed, I don't mind some cute mini skirt and some tank tops, but showing underwear is just beyond me.

I am a mother and when my daughter was in that age, she was allowed to wear short skirts if she had short exercise pants under.

It was nothing wrong I used to tell her "that it was just in case she sat the wrong way"

I trained her that way and while she was able to be "fashionable" it was between guide lines.

If parents allow their daughter to expose themselves is nothing we can do they are the guardians.

Now I disagree with the muslin, in a way that you have to remember that in muslin culture the women has not rights and belong to the husbands as a property.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I keep seeing "I can't control myself, ban everything!" again and again. When I was in HS(last year was last year I was in HS) I saw people controlling themselves all the time! Is it sad these old texans can't control themselves but HS kids can?

Also, cheerleaders are ok to look at, but talking? No, I only knew of two who got more then C's on grade cards and one was null anyways cause she was asian, therefor couldn't fall to the curse of blonde bimbo, and the second one knew how to walk and chew gum at same time.

With the car wash thing, HOT!!!!! It's like going to a strip club, look, but don't touch. It's amazing, you see hundreds of men getting drunk, smoking, looking at fine fine ladies, yet all able to control themselves. So, old texans can't control themselves, but drunk men can?

Reminds me of Prohibition, the religous idots "Alcohol is evil, we can't control our urges, ban alcohol so we won't be tempted." We all know how well that went don't we?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
LA_Maximus:

I know a muslim guy and I asked him why all this "terror stuff" was happening.

The answer he gave is what you just spoke about.

One way this happens is the "commercialization" of various muslim countries where "sex" is the main theme used to sell products via advertising.

Cheers

JS

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
. . . .

This is why we have school boards; so they can enforce local community standards, instead of letting a buncha of purvs from Austin doing it.

All that you said may be true dr_strangecraft, but it would seem that our school boards are fraught with fear and an underwhelming sense of the common (suspending 5 year old boys for playing cops and robbers or trying to kiss 5 year old girls). Therefore, the good old boys in the government probably don't feel they can be trusted to create, and/or enforce intelligent rules in any meaningful way.

Another thought on your post ... It is interesting to see the volume and vehemence of posting here over something that you and I might wish were kept at a local level and not legislated on ..

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
One more thing, if you are a female and you got the raging desire to freak dance, please don't let any of us stop you!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can't beleive this even made the news really. It's a good thing we are curbing the youings of being skanky lil trollups and men drooling over them.

Give me a W
Give me an H
Give me a O

Give me a C
Give me A
Give me an R
Give me an E
Give me an S

What does that spell.....Who cares! They are doing them a favor.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I am a mother and when my daughter was in that age, she was allowed to wear short skirts if she had short exercise pants under.

It was nothing wrong I used to tell her "that it was just in case she sat the wrong way"

And that was my point about finding a balance and it looks like you found it. I don't want to see Western Girls covered up in Burkas, but its also not healthy for a society to have teenage girls exposing themselves like this.

We can't let the media control the "trends" in our society, because they will take it over the edge of a cliff! Its like letting the crazies run the asylum.

Its true some traditional Muslim males go way overboard about their wives and daughters, but I made the point because "some" of the stuff they preach is not all bad. Like protecting you daughters virginity instead of handing her comdoms at 16....like making sure her and her mother bring no shame into your house.

Maximu§

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I can't beleive this even made the news really. It's a good thing we are curbing the youings of being skanky lil trollups and men drooling over them.

Give me a W
Give me an H
Give me a O

Give me a C
Give me A
Give me an R
Give me an E
Give me an S

What does that spell.....Who cares! They are doing them a favor.

Personnally, I don't agree with women looking all hoochyfied.
But like you said..WHO CARES!!! so why do the politicians care?

They have no business regulating how people dance....I mean come on...clothes re not the issue here....it's the dances!!!

Just cause some old guys wife won't give it up to him he gets all mad wants other to suffer along with him....WTF.

Im sure texas has better stuff to worry about, like border patrol and immigration.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maximus--I'm glad you toned your last remark down a bit. I too worry about where fashion is heading, and how the girls are dressing but we have to hold fast as parents and force them to were what's appropriate, and not fall into a black-hole of trying to legislate morality.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I know what it is that they are talkin about. Its not banning cheerleaders or skirts, no, it is banning the simulated dry sex that they perform.

Perhaps if any of you had a 15 year old daughter you'd understand. Everything is sex sex sex. Its constantly being shoved down our throats, and now competitions are being won by who is the "hottest". Its wrong and its child explotation.

Again, argue it all you want, untill you see YOUR daughter up there doing it, you wnt understand. Way to go Texas!!!!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
THE ACLU will be all over this like Flies on Shyte..........I mean I agree Cheerleaders should not be acting like Strippers when the do thir Routines but not Defineing the problem MAKES EVERYTHING a problem.....What is suggestive and what is not....I agree This is a STUPID LAW and I am a registered REPUBLICAN

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Again, argue it all you want, untill you see YOUR daughter up there doing it, you wnt understand. Way to go Texas!!!!

I think this is the point. Its not that the law is aimed at preventing them from doing it but rather preventing someone from forcing or manipulating them into doing it. I know that most teen girls woudn't mind to dance like that in front of their peers at a slumber party and thats all well and good fun but one has to wonder how they feel doing it at a ballgame or competition with parents in the audience.

If you are a teen girl reading this, how would you feel doing a pelvic thrust routine in front of a family member? Would you not rather have a decent routine for sporting events that did not make you feel so self-conscious in front of your imediate family and male friends? Would you not like the protection of knowing that if you did not want to dry grind in front of your mom, dad, sister or brother, your position on the squad would not be threatened?

To me, its just common sense. I have no idea why we would need a law to say they cannot be forced by an adult to simulate sexual acts..or why the current law agaist that would not apply just because one holds the title of coach. But, if we do, then things are really in piss poor shape. I'm going to go, get down on my knees and thank God my child was a boy. I doubt my old ticker could take the threats against young women these days.

To you parents of females at or nearing their teens, my heart goes out to you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join