It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hi everyone, just a question here. I heard on the radio that there was a theological study done recently that proved that the translation of the mark of the beast to 666 was infact incorrect. And that its actually

I have no proof, all i did was hear it on the radio. If anyone knows anything about this please back it up.

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ayyep there was thread on that somewhere around here, think they said it was code for Calligula... and you gotta admit that guy was pretty damn twisted, all though karma got him in the end, and his daughter got it bad too, they bashed her head into the wall.

oh example of mr C

had a guy beat with chains every now and then... i think the story goes he didnt have him killed until he said he could smell the gaingreen growing on his brain.

been a while since I read up on him but he was a flippin nut and thats putting it nicely.

He started out somewhat okay, then he totally lost his mind.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Grand rapids is doomed. Everyone there needs to move. Area code 616

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know people will go crazy 6/6/06. I hope nothing happens that day.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here ya's go.

Heres a link describing the 616 translations.

Scholars are divided over whether they are typos or authentic pages with 616 instead of 666.

www.csad.ox.ac.uk...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was watching a show and there was a greek scholar and he said the original Greek text in Revs. is not 666 but 616. so there is older texts that has 616. Try researching on the internet and you will find this explained.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
heck just do some searching in this forum for 616 666 and revelations.

it jsut goes to show how wrong it is to put so much importance on such a trivial thing as this

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
I know people will go crazy 6/6/06. I hope nothing happens that day.

Well, if the theory is true, shouldn't the people now go crazy on 6/1/06? If they do it shows how easily led some people are.

*~*~*LoveForTheArts*~*~*

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what about the people celebrating the new years on 666 AD (even tho at that time no one was using a georgianian calander at that time), or 1666 AD?

people put puttop much meaning on the numbers and not the beast it represents

top topics

join