It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen any Faeries? (the mythical kind)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know that the Celtic countries have a long history of stories about those mischievous little people that are often referred to as pixies, nixies, elves, brownies, dwarfs, leprechauns and many other kinds of the daoine sidhe or fairy people.

Are they real? Folklorists say they were fragments of ancient religious beliefs, occultists thought they were nature spirits; the peasant traditions said they were fallen angels who were not good enough to be saved nor bad enough to be lost.

I am interested in any sightings of these little creatures. And am especially interested in other cultures around the world and what they call them.

Thanks,
Faeryland

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They are still around.

But modern man is too sophisticated and technologically advanced now to believe in such superstitions and folklore, so we replaced them with aliens from UFOs.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I believe in a version of faeries as in spirits who protect the land, animals, plants. whether they are tiny as the folktales describe or simply ethereal, I don't know, but I have felt spiritual presences in certain locations that felt very "natural" as if they were part of, belonging to that area, trees and plants. I have never witnessed any faeryfolk though I would love to.

btw since that find of the small gnome size hominid skeleton, I am even more willing to believe that these creatures did at one time inhabit the earth and mingled with humans before either dying out or retreating to untouched places.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I believe in other beings that are around us as faeries, my daughter when younger used to said that it was littler lights floating in the air at night time in her room.

Even as an adult she say that she still see littler lights of green color sometimes illuminating the corners in her room and sometimes the roof when she comes to visit.

She has never been afraid of them.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
A friend of mine in CA has seen them. I also beleive they exist, but in a different realm/sometimes vist this realm.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

But modern man is too sophisticated and technologically advanced now to believe in such superstitions and folklore, so we replaced them with aliens from UFOs.

Yep, amazing how those little figments of our imagination keep showing up in photos, film, sightings by military personnel, pilots, and of course, appearing on radar... Our imagination sure has gotten more sophisticated...or our ability to bury our heads in the sand and pretend nothing is happening...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There are som really old photos of a girl playing with pixies... Have been debunked as fakes though..

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There was actually a movie made about that incident... They even fooled Sir Author Conan Doyle (author of Sherlock Holmes)!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
my daughter when younger used to said that it was littler lights floating in the air at night time in her room.

My daughter (age 9) has one very small, VERY bright white light that
zips around. We call it the tooth fairy. It zips very fast and at first
when she told me about it I thought it was a reflection on her glasses.
But then I saw it and it zips BEHIND furniture and then pops out the
other side. It's not around all the time. She sees it more than I do.
I've seen in probably 3 times in all. My daughter sees it very
frequently.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Interesting FlyersFan, children tend to see more that we can, but as we get older we kind of forget about it, or just stop seeing things.

I am not as focus as I used to be when I was a child, I used to see so much and very clear, now its more like shadows and flashes, but I still can sense things around.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My twin daughters (who will be 4 in June) claim to see some sort of fairy. They refer to him as 'cloudy-boy'. I'm not really sure if it's a boy or a girl or what the deal is but they have been talking about 'cloudy- boy' since they were 2 and they both can see whatever it is. They get really excited when he/she/it is in our house. Cloudy-boy generally comes around a few times a week.

Jemison

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
See also Will O the Wisp for the floating lights...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
My twin daughters (who will be 4 in June) claim to see some sort of fairy. They refer to him as 'cloudy-boy'.
Jemison

Ask your daughters if the fairy talks to them, and what he said and if he has a name.

It will be interesting to find out.

Also are you planing to have more children? because if you do I will tell you right now that it's going to be a boy.

If you are not planing to have anymore children then it will go away eventually.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just asked them if Cloudy boy talks to them and they looked at each other and smiled and then told me it's a secret! I've never gotten that response from them before. Guess I'll have to ask them again when they are deliriously tired.

Unless my husbands vasectomy fails for some reason I won't be having any more children. We already have our hands full with 4 daughters!!!!!

Jemison

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh, Jamison it was a littler boy there after all, he is now your daughter's friend and guardian.

Don't worry, eventually it will fade away from their minds as they get older.

Four girls, I imagine your house is full of sunshine, girls are just more fun than boys.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Um.....I think boys are more fun....

And Marg....since you are a teacher, you need to make sure you aren't discriminating against boys. (something you may not realize that you are doing)

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Actually I have a girl and a boy, and that is why I said that girls are more fun, pretty clothing, ribbons and lace, then as they became teens it was more fun, giggles and emotions.

Now my daughter is my shopping partner whenever she is around from college, and she is 21 so we can get some drinks and have fun, still.

My son, temper tantrums, as a teen it was the peer pressure the friends influences and drugs, I have seen some of his best friends gone the wrong way, now at 18 I still worry about him more that I do with my daughter, even when I know he is a good boy, still is peer pressure around.

Hopefully college will keep him busy.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I saw faeries and gnomes once, but I was tripping balls on mushrooms.
They were everywhere, in the wood paneling, in the trees, in my jeans.
It was then I understood Ozzy : "Faeries wear boots you've got to believe me, I saw it I saw it with my own two eyes, fairy in boots dancing with dwarf, all right now".

bangs head

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know a freind online who has told me that they see fairies, and they described them for me once, i can post what they said if wished.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Vesuvius,

Please do post what they saw, or their story (your friends encounter with faeries)

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Faeryland]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join