It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel's Alien Planet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before, but this is a pretty interesting program that discusses the possibility of life on other planets and mankind's attempt to study them. The program has a variety of people on it including Michio Kaku and Steven Hawkings, each person will have a different scoop on what is going on. Inaddition to theorizing about life on other planets, the program gets into the methods that would be necessary to get there, which includes using Nuclear Ion drives and Antimatter assisted fusion drives that could get the craft going to 25% the speed of light. I think everyone should check it out!

The program starts May 14th, so mark your calenders, this is going to be interesting(Even though I do have my own ideas about star travel)!

Alien Planet

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Interesting i wonder when it will show up here in the Netherlands.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ill be sure to watch that, im marking it on my calender now

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Saw the giant billboard adds for it, I intend to watch. Should be good.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I saw the commercial and said, im watching that, no matter what. its lloks awsome and they said prbably within the next decade, so im keeping my fingers crossed.

pao

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i expect one of you fine people to offer a synopsis since my boss scheduled me to work that day.
maybe i should quit to watch it?

apc

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Shouldn't be too long after airing that they pop up in divx format. Keep a lookout on p2p networks or maybe someone with the available resources could rip it off tv.
> sad thing is I'll probably completely forget about it as I watch tv maybe once or twice a month.. so I too will probably be grateful if someone were to rip it to divx. commercials snipped, of course

[edit on 10-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Discovery channel follows things - certainly not an originator. Though I respect their efforts a few years ago one yeearly they ran 'Alien Week' but that seems to dropped to the side against item suc American Chopper, which I suggest is a cool program.

But I for years always waited for Alien Week.. now that seems so many years ago...

Dallas

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah. I sat through Caribu week when I was younger. I don't know why, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. 8 hours a day, all week. And, the thing with Caribu is that after 2 hours, there are no more facts, and after 3 hours, there is no more footage.

SO
BAD

new topics

top topics

join