It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Group No Longer Wants A Totalitarian Regime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I am happy to see that the people of Iran are doing something to bring regime change and re-join the world.

This is a HUGE step to the end of sanctions in Iran. This can restore old friendships in the West and bring prosperity to a country which has been isolated for over 20 years. I just hope we give them the help they need. Here is some of the text. Click on the link below for the whole message.

To the Government of the Islamic Republic in Iran,
We, the 70 million people of Iran, hereby joyfully and unequivocally declare that your time has come to an end, and we demand that you submit to the will of the Iranian people and peacefully surrender the power to its rightful owners, the people of Iran, immediately. We no longer consider you our legitimate government and hereby warn all foreign governments that all transactions, and contracts signed with this government after June 16, 2005, will be null and void.

We, the people of Iran, will no longer stand idle to witness the destruction of our country, a great civilization where the first declaration of Human Rights was created, yet where sadly, gross violations of our civil liberties happen everyday.

We, the people of Iran, have suffered indescribable horrors under your reign of terror. We have lost brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, friends and countrymen at your bloody hands. You have sold our pride, identity and honor and stolen what is rightfully ours. You have managed to recklessly tarnish our national pride, international prestige and have damaged our proud Persian civilization. You have lived up to your reputation as a totalitarian regime.

Read More

These people need to be heard. Why isn't this on the news? The Western world should be aware of this. Strange how some news is never seen.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

[edit on 2-5-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is good news indeed!!!

I just hope the U.S. government doesn't interfere or screw things up.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
At least these Iran of Tomorrow people look Iranian.

www.sosiran.com...

cjf

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The above group is/has been having difficulty getting the Iranian silent majority to stand up and do something to begin the changes necessary to reach a more democratic styled regime. Currently not allowing international inspectors to monitor the June election is causing an internal riff as is the possibility of UN sanctions according to the mentioned site and a few others.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i realy hate to rain on the parade. while if TRUE it could be a good thing. unfortunately this has possible oder about it. the timeing is just too perfect for a declaration of this sort. how do we know that this is the WILL of 70,000,000? how do we not know that this is not something done by an organization such as the cia for example? this smells to me like possible propiganda. i hope it is not but it just might be.

the wisest thing to do IF this is true is to LET THEM sort it out internaly. this would prove weather it is true or not. if countries (and i am not trying to point a finger at the us), go to the "Aid" of these people we will not have a chance of finding the truth. if countries keep their colective noses out of this it will be harder to try to say that this is a subversive action. this would include things like giveing arms, equipment and suprort. everyone should adopt a HANDS OFF policy.

if needed humanitarian aid should be provided such as hospitals and medical supplies. but any aid should be under a group of countries not considdered hostile towards that paticular area of the world. countries such as canada, france, germany, switzerland, ect. that have stood back from the area especialy the situation in iraq. while i don't see a problem with everyone helping with some supplies and things like medical personel certain countries NEED to step back from this. countries invoved in iraq and england possibly others also isriel should stay well back of the forefront (this is unfortunate but no one will consider thease countries as impartial). if they "help" a bit it especialy with medical suplies in a major aboveboard way. then they could even gain some respect.

now before doing some heavy duty flameing work on me just try to think about it. IF countries like the us and england, who are heavily involved in what is and has happened in iraq, and isrial ( it is not your fault especialy isrial, but be honest no one in the area trusts or likes you very much). are heavily involved and comanding especialy, even humanitrian efferts it could be taken as a sign that this is yet more interferance in the area. if countries that did NOT participate in iraq are at the forfront and in charge, especialy those who spoke out against the iraq situation. if there is truly a internal want for regime change. will be a heck of a lot easyer to keep a large part of "amercan, british, zionest interferance" aqusations out of the mix.

ALL AID sould be freely given to BOTH sides of a possible conflict equily without ANY favertisim, unless of course one side REFUSES such aid. even so much care would have to be taken to remain as a compleatly neutral party. as any hint of helping against the currant regime espesialy can and will be seen as an atempt to controll and force change on yet another country. that would just insure more instability in the area. and THAT we definately DO NOT WANT.

i know this sounds rather harsh, but if the people of iran do infact want a change then THEY need to affect such change themselves. ANY interferance as i said and as we all know deep down, WILL be considered MORE work af the evil us and zion. now if things do get rather out of hand by either side then coutries considdered NEUTRAL should only step, in and very carefuly at that, only enough to save innocent people. and i would stress that countries NOT CONSIDERED NEUTRAL, should have apsolutely NO PART in this type of action. even say if us equipment is used there should be NO american personel involved. and no us markings on said equipment. even the possibility of non neutral countries takeing sides would be a bad thing. and there should NOT BE ANY DEPLEATED URANIUM AMUNITION USED AT ALL. and ONLY the barest use of any force of those not directly involved. i would even go so far as to say to use minimum force to protect themselves.

mesures such as these would need to be used, if we are to stop more problems before they start. ANY indication of takeing sides, even just the apearance could do far more harm then good. this could turn into a minfield tap-dance.and quite possibly very dangerous for those invoved due to necisay restaint that would need to be observed. but it is the best way to keep things from going out of controll. if theey do indeed have the suport of 70,000,000 then they should be able to pull it off.

hopefully it won't even get to be a "shooting" rebelian, but if it does this is the best way to try to keep it from escalateing. it would be nice if it could end with out a single shot being fired but chances are it will become a full blown war af rebelion. if it does we can only try to help humanitarily and do our best to keep it from escalateing due to interferance. if done in this manor then most will KNOW that it was the TRUE WISHES of the people and NOT another case of "empire building". though unfortunatly some will always state that it was, the less of that the better. it would probably even be best for other "arab"nations to do most of the leading in humanitarian type mesures. and i'm not meaning help from iraq eithr, again they shoul help out where they can. but at this time they are lible to be seen as "american/zionest lapdogs".

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I want to see 70 million signatures before this text is to be believed.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Like I said, as long as the U.S. government doesn't swoop in and screw things up as they always do, everything will be fine.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Like I said, as long as the U.S. government doesn't swoop in and screw things up as they always do, everything will be fine.

Give it a rest, dont you ever need a break? Man...

If Dubya and Sharon have their way, the sanctions against Iran will end. Deliveries of iron and steel in neat little aerodynamic 500-2000lb packages will be arriving shortly…

[edit on 3-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's the truth. You can't "take a break" from the truth. Why the U.S. needs to be involved in Iranian reform other than to pursue it's own agenda, I have no idea why.

Really, what reform that involves the U.S. has been successful since World War II?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Give it a rest, dont you ever need a break? Man...

If Dubya and Sharon have their way, the sanctions against Iran will end. Deliveries of iron and steel in neat little aerodynamic 500-2000lb packages will be arriving shortly…

So you're objecting to sweatmonicaIdo saying the US is going to screw things up, and in the next sentence describing how the US is going to screw things up...

Uhhh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up

[edit on 3-5-2005 by xmotex]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If the Iranian people raised up to change the way their government does business they should be applaud, changes that comes from withing a country is good and is the right way to go.

If some has to die fighting for their freedom it should be between themselves and not with the aid of outsiders.

But with the record the US has on results when it gets involve in other countries business I would be very worry of what may become of Iran.

Just look what democracy is doing to Iraq right now everyday is a bloody day for the people in Iraq.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Really, what reform that involves the U.S. has been successful since World War II?

Mmmmm...Maybe the BERLIN WALL coming down and the entire Cold War for one. Look at the world market and how Russia and China are trading with almost impunity since the end of the cold war. All US policy and as you say "agenda's" were responsible for these.

And these pop into my mind with no research at all.

I dont agree with the war in Iraq one bit, but its plain as day that Iran is a problem. The US should have invaded Iran instead. They have been in support of terrorism a long time, long before 9/11.

And I dont hate Iranians either. But the ruling powers over there have been against the USA for nearly 30 years now. I actually had some wonderfull Iranian buds as a kid. They went back to Iran shortly BEFORE the hostage crisis in 1979. Ironic huh? There was a huge Iranian community in my area and every one of them moved away seemingly overnight. Literally in a matter of days they had all moved back to Iran. Government intervention maybe?

Anyways, I am sure there are many great people in Iran. But it is no secret the government is very anti US and they openly call for the end of America and all things "western". If they can sort it out on thier own, fine. But they better be quik about it because a storm is coming.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So the logic is:
1) They say mean things about us.
2) Thus they must be bombed or invaded.

Iran's leaders spew a lot of bellicose crap to distract their people from problems at home (like disqualifying reformers from elections), but in the last 20 years, what have they actually done to the US?

Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada.

So explain to me again how they're a "threat" which must be "taken out"?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Those arent reforms! He's talking about times the US has actually gone in and gotten its hands dirty. Intefering directly with the political processes of a country. Sitting on the sidelines while your enemy crumbles from within isnt "reforming" them.

By the way if our "reforming" of the Soviet union during the Cold War was so successful why has the infrastructure of Russia crumbled? Why has Russia abandoned free market principles to practically nationalize its oil industry? If Russia is your greatest success what was your greatest failure the Dark Ages? Please if thats the best you can do leave me out of any of your great "reforms"

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I am afraid that even if we do nothing to help them and we keep COMPLETELY out of it, someone somewhere (i.e. neighbors) will still call them a "puppet of the West" because they are threatened by their prosperity.

Sad, but true.

We are wrong either way.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sorry to say this DROGO but it is not ENGLAND that is in iraq with the us but great britain. And england is part of great britain! Sorry but please get this right because it is, not only ignorant but also offensive to the rest of the country. Ahhh..... feel better now!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo

i know this sounds rather harsh, but if the people of iran do infact want a change then THEY need to affect such change themselves. ANY interferance as i said and as we all know deep down, WILL be considered MORE work af the evil us and zion.

We must be very careful with a hands off attitude, but we are wrong either way. There are no right moves or right choices, just wrong ones.

1. Get involved to save people: WRONG!
2. Stay out of it and let people die: WRONG!
3. Give aid to both parties: WRONG!
4. Get involved to stabilize resources: WRONG!
5. Give arms to the side you want to win: WRONG!
6. Put sanctions on a totalitarian regime: WRONG!
7. Send in humanitarian relief: WRONG!
8. Any choice you make: WRONG!

Any choice you make can be countered and made out to be the wrong move.

Too much pontification and no solutions from both sides.

Personally, I find it hard to not help someone who is screaming for you to help because they are being killed.

If it were your neighbor, would you help them? Would you at least call the police? or would you just say that it is their problem and they got themselves into it so they can get themselves out of it?

Maybe that is what is wrong with the world today, that there is no sense of compassion anymore. No one will come to the aid of their friends.

"What are friends anyway? Just liabilities." Would someone possibly say this?

"...This may sound harsh..." Yeah, it is pretty harsh. We are not civilized if we ignore the pleas of people who are in need. No matter their color or religion.

"...Let them eat cake..." is that what is next?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing." Edmund Burke

What a sad world it is in which we live when helping others is wrong.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I am happy to see that the people of Iran are doing something to bring regime change and re-join the world.

This is a HUGE step to the end of sanctions in Iran. This can restore old friendships in the West and bring prosperity to a country which has been isolated for over 20 years. I just hope we give them the help they need. Here is some of the text. Click on the link below for the whole message.

These people need to be heard. Why isn't this on the news? The Western world should be aware of this. Strange how some news is never seen.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to see something like that to happen in Iran, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards and the religious police in Iran have already been cracking down hard on those reform-minded Iranian groups seeking the end of the mullahs' rule.

Which is why the western media is not picking it up, thanks to the media black-out by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, already the most powerful institution after the office of the Ayatollah. Second-hand informations on foot or secured radio broadcasting are slowly trickling out in the Iran-Iraq and Iran-Turkey borders.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i don't deny that ANYTHING we would do/not do can and will be considdered wrong. but a hands off policy can limmit cries of things like "empire building", and "puppet government". that in it's self will help the situation stabalize. or do you realy like causeing more problems then you solve?

as for interfereing with a neibour. well if i thought it was something serious i would of course try to act apropriately. but how many problems have been in fact CAUSED by interferance? calls about child abuse for instance. sure there are many cases of REAL child abuse, but at the same time there are many in which there was no actual abuses going on. one example was a person arrested for "beating" his daughter. when in fact he was "disciplining her for slamming her brother's arm in a car door on purpose. also i have a friend who was arrested for a domestic abuse. it was no abuse, it was two fully armered combatonts haveing fun. it took the girlfriend some trubble to get him off as the cops couldn't seem to understand that she was NOT being abused, as she had some prety good bruises, (all part af armoured combat). that was due to some moron calling about a situation that he had no idea about.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So If I write a letter that says "we the 300,000,000 people of America want the current adminstration out", it is somehow a decleration that actually represents all those people?

How do we know that 69,999,999 Iranians aren't like "dude, we gonna kill you, dead!" to the one guy who wrote that thing?

Well I'm sure the young women at least are like "just get me the F out of here!"

But still. One letter doesn't mean the whole nation is ready to overthrow their government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join