It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent people blowing themselves up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Okay, i DO NOT under any circumstances want this to happen in the US, (cause i live here), or anywhere else for that matter, but, how come the terrorists are only blowing themselves up over there and not in the US? I mean, if they hate us so much, why isnt it done here? Is it like a lack of money?, they cant get across the border?, what is stopping them from going into say a mall or something and blowing themselves along with countless others up?

Just a question to see what you guys think.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Because it seems that what they want is to do big damage to the US, such as 9/11. There are not as many in here as in the Middle East, even though they are trying to recruit more people. But once terrorists make attacks the evidence found by authorities will point to who was it that backed them up, and who else was helping them.

This is the reason why we haven't seen so many attacks in the US. They want to take as many of us as possible when they make attacks in our soil. I hope we capture all of them before anything else happens.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Perhaps becaue we, as Americans are taught to love they neighbor and love our own bodies we respect life. People in the Arab nation are taught that life means nothing and taking lives in the name of jihad is glorious. The more "unbelivers" you take with you, the higher your annointed place in heaven.

I bet they are surprised when they get there and there are no 70 virgins and no exhaulted dwelling next to god.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I bet they are surprised when they get there and there are no 70 virgins and no exhaulted dwelling next to god.

I'd wager they're more surprised that they don't get "there"...

Suicide and murder is kind of a double bad whammy no matter what faith you practice....

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Because they're worried we'll kill 'em!

I have two theories on this. The first is that they can't recruit anyone that fanatical here in the US, and to have an effective suicide bomber campaign, you need a steady stream of bombers. One will shake people up, but if nothing happens, after about a week it'll be business as usual. They just can't get the numbers here.

The other theory is that the US is vastly different than Israel. In Israel, if you blow up in a major city, that is right next to you. Israel is a pretty small country. If, however, someone blows themselves up in New York or LA, most of America will feel as though it isn't a direct threat to them because of the vast distance. If some bumblefk town gets hit, we'll get more arrogant in thinking that they couldn't hit a major city so instead they had to attack Janesville, Wisconsin. A suicide bombing campaign, to be effective in the US, would require bombings daily in different towns and cities across the country on a very consistant basis. Fortunatelly, Al'Queda doesn't have those resources, nor does any terrorist faction (I hope).

Oh, and if we secure our borders, none ever will.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How about...

Try simply that it is because there is a difference in cultures, beliefs, societies, and life styles. Their values and ethics are different from ours. As such, do we have the right to condemn those that we find "strange" or engage in practices that we find odd or against our own values, ethics, and beliefs? Vice versa for them.

Deny intolerance and embrace tolerance, for that is the true road to understanding the differences between our cultures and societies.

seekerof

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Amen Gaz, you are right !

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Seeker, when it affects our lives, yes we have a right to condem them, visa versa. Only we are not willing to blow our selves up in a car bomb to prove it.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Umm, ok.
Just remember what I said for there is a distinct difference between "us" and "them".

Here, I'll give you one example: Vietnam.

seekerof

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'd wager they're more surprised that they don't get "there"...

Suicide and murder is kind of a double bad whammy no matter what faith you practice....

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Gazrok]

Not in Islam, if they are fighting in the jihad against the non-believers and die killing them it is not suicide. These people are supposedly dying for their faith, to bring Islam to the world. It is messed up, but it is their belief.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know it's not him, but Seekers avatar makes me hot

cjf

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Perhaps those which were originally shipped to the States, as an advance party if you will, became somewhat educated on the US were recalled become instructors in the fine art of ‘martyr bombing’ specializing in the US theater/culture and either became Americanized and refused the calling or went back to teach….US Suicide Bombing 101…”OK class, pay attention,… I’m only going to show you this once.”

Seriously, the US is a different animal, the general culture and the mix of cultures; I believe, play a large part and make it difficult to choose a target per se. Should one choose a target it may affect the US as a whole but a certain segment much heavier which may lead to negative international repercussions other than the US alone. I also agree with the idea size and geography play a larger role as an effect deterrent. If anything happens to the US in the future, and I pray nothing will, it will probably and sadly be a large production and endeavor with a smattering of unfortunate suicide bombings from time to time.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I know it's not him, but Seekers avatar makes me hot

You have a crush on a video game!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Stacey,

Seekerof IS hot with his new avey. He's such a disciplinarian, though.....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You are right CJ, how better to make a grand scale announcement, NY, LA. I feek terrible for t hem, but, if they read the news, they should all be living in Omhaha and Missouri by now.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cylent773
but, how come the terrorists are only blowing themselves up over there and not in the US?

Because maybe America is in a state of color coded paranoia. The terrorist thread on U.S. soil has been overblown in order to centralize government and extend power. Simple as that.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Frankly, I think the only reason Al Quaeda has not launched another attack on US soil is that we killed so many of them in Afghanistan.

There is a limited supply of fanatics who will blow themselves up, there is even more limited supply of said fanatics with the training & skills to infiltrate the US and stage an attack. And a lot of those we blasted to bits in Afghanistan. Easy to forget, but OBL himself notwitstanding, we did get a lot of the top people in Al Quaeda. Pity we were in such a rush to go to Iraq, I think we could have accomplished more in Afghanistan if we'd been willing to devote the resources necessary, even catching/killing OBL himself. But I suspect that is the last thing this administration wants.

It's funny, if OBL really had the support among mainstream Muslims the rightwingers like to claim, we'd be dealing with suicide bombings and the like here on a weekly basis. There are around seven million Muslims living in the US, if the Islamist radicals had even a fraction of a percent of that number loyal to their cause, that would be an army of thousands. I'm not seeing thousands of attacks here. I'm not seeing any attacks here since 9-11. Which seems to indicate to me that Osama's supporters (at least those willing to fight for him) must be an infinitesmally tiny percentage of the Muslim population at best.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by xmotex]

new topics

top topics

join