It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Risk Your Life to Expose the Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let me give an example..
In the 60's when Betty and Barney Hill were abducted, she asked for a booklet from the craft to prove she had been there, and they said she could take it, but upon leaving, they took it back from her.Had she been able to keep the book, then we may have put dis-closure long ago behind us.
As it is/was she asked them where they were from and she drew a map from memory of constellation's? that had been heretofore unknown to science as their home planet.
I am sure there is verifiable evidence among more than a few persons.
If the black ops or mib told you you would die, would you take that chance?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Due to the fact that somehow they have been able to tap into something inside our brains that makes us virtual zombies and they have complete control over us if all the accounts of most abductions are true, and I believe they are true, then most of us would never be able to gain enough control while we have the opportunity to get the evidence.
BTW didn't the stars she drew from memory that no one could possibly know of at the time later become a fact once we got better equipment.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Due to the fact that somehow they have been able to tap into something inside our brains that makes us virtual zombies and they have complete control over us if all the accounts of most abductions are true, and I believe they are true, then most of us would never be able to gain enough control while we have the opportunity to get the evidence.
BTW didn't the stars she drew from memory that no one could possibly know of at the time later become a fact once we got better equipment.

That was my point, she did draw the map correctly..I KNOW abductions are real, it is just a matter of NOT time, but guts until someone will show us they are real..
Sad thing about Barney, it freaked him out so bad, he had a groin aliment for all his life and he died naturally at a young age.
Is it fear of death that keeps the gov't so much in control?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It would depend. Most people aren't ready for the truth, or it would be known to them. I know this though, I would gladly forfiet my life to know the truth, which may be a profoundly paradoxical statement within itself.

"The truth dazzles gradually, or else the world would be blind."
--Emily Dickenson--

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
It would depend. Most people aren't ready for the truth, or it would be known to them. I know this though, I would gladly forfiet my life to know the truth, which may be a profoundly paradoxical statement within itself.

"The truth dazzles gradually, or else the world would be blind."
--Emily Dickenson--

As would I, what is one puny lifetime compared to EXPOSING the whole world to the truth?
I am a re-incarnation believer, so what is one life in the whole of things to get them to help us save this polluted planet...
I live by the NSA motto "And the truth shall set you free"
You are like a breath of fresh air..thank you...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Its not guts as I said in my first post during the time we are there and in their control that is the only time one could possibly retrieve something but yet we are so controlled we can't possibly even think of picking up and object to prove it. Now if you are asking if given the opportunity and the information was there for the taking would we get it and try to expose it I think most of us would.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Its not guts as I said in my first post during the time we are there and in their control that is the only time one could possibly retrieve something but yet we are so controlled we can't possibly even think of picking up and object to prove it. Now if you are asking if given the opportunity and the information was there for the taking would we get it and try to expose it I think most of us would.

This may be true, but trusting in how I would re-act, I would fight so hard to grab a baby hybrid or a piece of the ship, as it would not be a surprise to me, as it seems most are too afraid to scope out what they can take away..or maybe a benevolent one would cooperate??

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If I had something that would be indisputable proof, such as something from the UFO made of a material that we here on earth have never seend before, or perhaps text of a new technology that can be determined to work, then yes, I may risk my life.

But if I didn't have anything to offer as evidence, no, I would not.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think a lot of it is both fear of death and fear of ridicule. The latter is probably more influential than the former; a lot of people don't think they would be in any danger, but they don't want their boss, family, friends, etc. to look at them as a lunatic. Once someone gets over that though, then the government (or whomever) starts poking around at them.

I echo what DCFusion says. If I knew that I had in my possession something that no skeptic could deny, something that everyone would believe, then yes, I would do everything I could to get it out into the public eye, regardless of the consequences. But how difficult would that be, getting it to a reputable journalist without "losing" the evidence or having an unfortunate "accident" along the way? I think the odds of getting that proof out to the public would be very slim. You'd have to set up a meeting, it wouldn't be put out immediately--probably a couple of days at best for them to do their story on it--and all sorts of bad things could happen in that time.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
EDIT: Sorry, double post...

[edit on 5/2/2005 by MCory1]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No.

But I would sell out to the highest bidder. I can either shut up and deny everything or expose it to the world, depending on the price $$$...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"If a man guards a book with his life, year after year, then which is more important, the man or the book?" - "the Silent Flute (Cirlce of Iron)"

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
No.

But I would sell out to the highest bidder. I can either shut up and deny everything or expose it to the world, depending on the price $$$...

People wont pay to hear the truth, they'll only pay to conceal it. Since no normal person, in their right state of mind is going to believe the truth, no one even needs to do that. Since human nature can't accept even that much truth, that's probably the only thing that makes people apy to conceal the truth.

Remember the difficult time everyone had accepting that Rock Hudson was gay? At first no one could believe. It was almost more than your life was worth to casually mention the fact to middle aged housewives. They were ready to tear the head off of anyone who suggested as much!

Human nature has a built in resistence to truth. I call it "common sense". Think about it, common sense says that we a reliving on a stationary flat earth, with a sun revolving around it.

PLus there is the fact that recognizing the truth requires a degree of acceptance, and acceptance is the sign of a bad attitude. You can't merely accept things, you have to go out and try. "Follow your dreams". Common sense becomes even more of a barrier to truth, when we remained focused on whant we want.

" I refuse to believe that people refuse to believe the truth"

Are whole society ensures that very few - misfits and mental patients mostly - are still able to recognize truth. There is a whole system in place to condition people to 'play along'. Sports and games teach people to keep their 'eye on the ball'. Advertising enflames their appetites. Life becomes reduced to some pointless game, and what does truth have to do with that? It's only winning, losing, or ahead on points. Good for the GNP, though.

They used to say it's not what you know, but who you know. Today it's more a matter of what you know about who you know. Remember all those families Micheal Jackson had to pay off? I remember, about 15 years back, a Japanese comp sci student got into serious trouble, by sending anonymous 'e mails' to about 100 of the leading citizens in his city. The message simply read "I know your secret. pay up or I'll reveal it!". 75 paid, no questions asked. The other 5 were just playing hard ball (Prato's rule). He didn't even give any evidence that he knew what their secret was! They knew they were guilty, and assumed others most know too. Flaw of common sense. A better question might be, "Would you keep quiet for balckmail?"

[edit on 2-5-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I am sure there is verifiable evidence among more than a few persons.
If the black ops or mib told you you would die, would you take that chance?

I don't believe I would. Reason being is that the truth, whatever it may be, is out there as muldaur used to say. It seems that no matter what we untermuensch do, it will only be revealed when the prevailing powers that be indicate that it should be. And then, only at that time will it be truth (whatever that may be).

Seems to me, in other words, that there either are, or are not, little green guys or demonic lizards or whatever, out there with a plan for either human benefit, or enslavement. To know the truth now, is not germaine to what is going to happen. If it is bad, the truth will come far too late to help us poor folks who are not in the know.

It would be, so it seems to me, to simply be easier to prepare for the worse case, whatever it may be, and then be pleasantly surprised when the end is not the worse case.

Frankly, I do not understand the constant on going search for the truth, as it were. In the best of cases, it is simply going to be subjective. Those who believe that our planet is alive with aliens will not have their minds changed. Those who do not believe it ... Will not have their minds changed. And those of us who are in the middle are waiting for the smoking gun, but many of us have lives that are involved elsewise, and not simply waiting with bated breath for that smoking gun.

But I digress, and I am sure leave myself open for some slams and jibes.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
An interesting question. Personally I care about neither my death or being ridiculed at this point if the truth can be told. Where the problem comes from however is that I am not so ready to jeopardize the people I hold dear to me. Luckily there aren't many of those in the world, so I could probably keep tabs on them if I had to.....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester

People wont pay to hear the truth, they'll only pay to conceal it.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

Tabloid newspapers and pulp publishing houses pay big bucks for stories. Studios pay for movie rights. It doesn't matter whether anyone believes it or not, as long as they buy the book or theater tickets. There will always be a market for the most outlandish and fantastic tale. There are enough naive and gullible people in the world for even the most improbable fabrication or hoax to make a profit. This web site is proof of that. Conspiracy theories sell.

Look at all the ridiculous disaster movies that are in Hollywood vogue now. (Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day, Signs, etc.). No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
funny, i was just telling one of my friends a little while ago that if i was ever some how to become president i would just say as soon as i could whats really going on in the government even though id probibly get shot the next day, or die of a heart attack myseriosly or something

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If I discovered the "truth" (I assume we're talking about UFOs here), I wouldn't risk my life to expose it. As long as I know, that's all that matters. As long as I finally had the knowledge I've been seeking, I can be content. It may be selfish, but I'm not going to finally learn the truth only to die trying to tell everyone else. They probably could handle it anyway....the small-heads...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If, at the cost of my life, the (fill in the blank) info i have in my possession would allow the world to see, irrefutably, "The Truth" about all of this. Then Yes, I would gladly give my life so that others may see the light.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In short...no.

People have risked their lives to expose the truth and they are either ridiculed or killed off. Just look at David Icke for example. For the later, do some research on Ron Brown.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join