It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter the Roman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes we all know this malachy prophecy:

In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & Judex tremêdus judicabit populum suum. Finis.

(In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.)

If the current pope were to serve a short term, who do you think would fill the last prophecy?

Surely if it is a short term a candidate would be/should be visible now?

Some links for you:

Peter the Roman?

More reading, this page is weird.

Peter the Roman is also mentioned in Sacred Scripture. He will die a martyr, blind, in a prison in Iraq.

Page from the quote

Possible cardinal electors (as of now) with THE FIRST NAME Peter (just a fun reference)

Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, 56, Ghana

Peter Seiichi Shirayanagi, 76, Japan

Peter Erdo, 52, Hungary

(As of now) with THE NAME Roman

Henryk Roman Gulbinowicz, Poland, but hes a non elector.

The List

Or will the next pope choose the name Peter ?

Who knows.....

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was also wondering if anyone thought it was strange that Ratzinger prayed NOT to be the next pope?

Ratzinger prayed not to be next pope

Pope Benedict XVI has revealed he prayed to God during the conclave not to be elected pope but that "evidently this time He didn't listen to me."

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Peter the Roman: Pietro Parolin (Pietro is Italian for Peter). Parolin is near the top of the leadership at the Vatican. Click to the following YoutTube video and make sure to read the video's lengthy drop-down description located at the upper right portion of the screen...

youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
here is another prediction from this site:

worldslastchance.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

It makes perfectly great sense to me that Cardinal Joe desired not the papacy. It shows that even though there is some confusion concerning "Gloria Olivae" - the media spotlight is wrong - my contention ever since the passing of John Paul II and the Nostradamus prophecy about the "very, aged pope", which seems to have been brother Carol.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Just my take, but this olive branch business. I was always taught that the olive branch the dove brought to Noah was a symbol of 'life after death' so to speak. In other words, the olive represented that there was life after the flood. Having seen this topic of Malachi's prophecy's crop up in several places, not just here on ATS over the last week, I have wondered that perhaps if JPI who was assasinated had not been assasinated, then JPII would not have been Pope and therefore we would in all probability still had the pope we have now, which would have made the present Pope 'Peter'. I say this because there is some doubt over the so called 'extra' Pope that was added to the list when Malachi's predictions were 're-discovered'.
I am sorry I cannot go looking for the link to this list discrepancy just now. It's 3am here in the UK, and I must get some sleep, but at least me posting this will gt me back here tomorrow to do my homework more thoroughly!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you're looking for the next Pope, it does you no good to only look at those with the first name, "Peter." A Pope takes the name of a Saint (ie. Pope John Paul). Also, the next Pope would probably shy away from the name Peter. You would have to look at someone who has the qualities of "Peter the Roman."

As far as "who could be the next Pope?" The Church doesn't even know. Anyone could be the next Pope, there is no requirement that states it has to be a Cardinal. Like wondering who will be the POTUS in 2016....assuming there's still a United States of America at that time.

By the way, I'm the first to mention ELEnin and Nibiru in this thread...No reason...just figured I'd get it out of the way.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Petrus Romanus

"In the last persecution of the Holy Roman Church, Peter the Roman will hold the see (lit. "sit"),
who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people.
The End."

Lets break it down shall we? "In the last persecution of the Holy Roman Church, Peter the Roman will hold the see (lit. "sit"), who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations" This will be the last Pope. Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Ratzinger) is the 2nd to the last so the next Pope after him will hold the office of the Pope during the final tribulations. We know the Vatican has been tangled up in covering up the sex scandal of priest abusing children under their care in the churches.

That is not the only tribulation that will happen. Look into God's Banker Roberto Calvi who was murdered in 1982. He funneled money in the Vatican bank from the Mafia and also the P2 Masonic lodge in Italy. He ended up hanging from a bridge and the documents he had on the Mafia and P2 lodge went missing. He knew a lot of secrets that some person(s) didn't want getting out. Hard telling what other deep dark secrets that will come to light. Those missing documents could be released and put the Catholic Church under a world wide criminal investigation or something bigger, hard telling.

and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible judge will judge his people. The End." After the tribulations are finished, whatever they may be the Catholic Church will be destroyed, the Catholic faith will no longer exist. I don't believe a war or violence will destroy the Church but a huge scandal as mentioned above. The media disseminates information quickly and after it's out in the open there is no way over covering it back up.

The Terrible Judge will judge his people, this means Jesus Christ. After the destruction of the Church, Jesus Christ will come back to judge the living and the dead. In the time the Church is destroyed the AntiChrist will rise to rule over a one world order and a new one world religious order as per eschatology beliefs. After that the Tribulation and Christs return and thousand year reign.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The only problem is that the names of the popes are not the names that they have, as they take a new name when elected into that position.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The only problem is that the names of the popes are not the names that they have, as they take a new name when elected into that position.

I was just going to say this. Each new Pope prays and considers the name that they will adopt as their Papal name. They do this so as to not give themselves a personal glory, and to become servants of the Church in their leadership.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Saint Malachy gave descriptions not specific names.

For example

De medietate lunæ (From the midst of the moon). is John Paul I who died after being shortly in office as Pope after only serving 33 days.

De labore ſolis (From a solar eclipse). John Paul II was born on a solar eclipse.

So Peter The Roman is a description not a specific name that the next Pope will have. He will rule like Peter did. Perhaps the Catholic Church will go back to the Jewish Sect of Christianity and keep Jewish holidays, dietary and Torah laws?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Could be wrong but .. I was under the impression that one was not aloud to chose the name Petter out of respect for the first Peter who was pope ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Could be wrong but .. I was under the impression that one was not aloud to chose the name Petter out of respect for the first Peter who was pope ?

See my above post. Saint Malachy gave descriptions not specific names the Popes would take.

top topics

join