It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my cat is an alien!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ok, I know this sounds totally bizarre....but sometimes I think my cat is an alien.

Why? Well, he will be laying on the floor, totally relaxed, content, etc. then out of nowhere, for no apparent reason, he will attack un-seen forces, with a look of total horror in his eyes, jump about and race throughout the house!

I used to think a plausable explaination for this bizarre behavior was due to the various cat-nip-laced toys. Ah, but then I realized that this behavior frequently happened without the use of cat mind-altering drugs!

So, my cat is an alien, here to observe and interact with us humans/earthlings, then report back to the (suposed) feline master of another world.

Ha.....any thoughts on this? (and no, i'm not serious) but wouldn't it be clever to infiltrate into our world as a cute fuzzy (sometimes psycho) feline?

Faeryland

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
best thread evar

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i don't think your cat is an ailian
. it seems that animals, dogs and cats tend to be able to "sense things that human's can not. dogs and cats typicaly are the main animals that we keep therefore we tend to notice this behaviour in them.

it has been said that animals ca sense "spirit" (ghosts and what not). my cat does this type of thing as well. he will be lieing asleep (as much as a cat sleeps anyway
), then for no aparent reaon he jumps up and books. when he does this, typicaly he will stare sharply at an area, his ears will perk up, sometimes he will even puff out, then bang he is gone like a shot. he is the original "fraidy cat".

also of note he knows typicaly when family gets home. my mother used to say she knew i was home before i even got to the walkway to come inside. note that do to no driveway i had to park up to two blocks away. same thing would happen when she would get home. again she had to park about half a block away (handicap permit). he would even know when dad was comeing home, and he just walked a block to work so no noise. typicaly when someone was comming home he would fly across my bed to the window, from there he would give a chnce for you to make it to the door before launching to pull off an escape so you would have to chaise him. and too bad for anyone that he ran over on his way
liveing alone now i don't witness this but he is almost always in my window spying when i get home still.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just think that your cat is just playing. My cats will do that. Get up and run around.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My mother's cat was totally insane and did stuff like that but I know she wasn't an alien because my cat is her mother!

It's highly unlikely you'd own an alien cat or an alien pretending to be a cat or whatever...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Maybe your cat thinks you're the alien, and he's trying to psych you out, to bide time till he can find a way to warn humanity.

Cats are noted for this kind of flawed logic.

Does anyone remember that old Disney kids movie, where the cat is an alien on a mission to save humanity or some such? I loved that movie as a little kid.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah my cats do the same thing, but i doubt their aliens...

I'll be sitting watching TV or something, then a cat will come bolting in, pounce on nothing with this fierce look it its eyes then the look will change to terror then it will bolt...

When i look at where it pounces theres nothing there...

I put it down to a sixth sense they have and they're attacking things we cant percieve... or the cats have gone crazy

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
lol i had forgotten that movie was out there
can't remember the title though. been way too long since i've seen it.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There was also an alien cat in the original Star Trek episode Assignment: Earth.

The Disney movie was The Cat from Outer Space.

[edit on 4/30/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Cats and dogs have very good hearing. Odds are that when your cat gets up, stares, then runs, he heard something. Mice or cockroaches in the wall, a car backfiring, something you wouldn't hear but they would. If your cat ever goes outside in the snow, watch if it 'randomly' pounces into the snow or not. They can hear rodents such as mice burrowing through it, and will go for them. Something you or I would never even notice.

And if they're asleep and jump up...maybe it was having a nightmare. Our dog used to do that (she was abused before we adopted her, and she would sometimes have nightmares about her previous owner and whimper in her sleep). If the cat doesn't know it was a dream, it could very well wake up thinking it was chasing or being chased by something.

Not to mention some cats just go stircrazy. Ours used to climb up the drapes during winter when it was too cold to go outside

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They have really good eyes so they can probably see things that exist outside of the spectrum that humans see.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
ok, I know this sounds totally bizarre....but sometimes I think my cat is an alien.

Why? Well, he will be laying on the floor, totally relaxed, content, etc. then out of nowhere, for no apparent reason, he will attack un-seen forces, with a look of total horror in his eyes, jump about and race throughout the house!

I used to think a plausable explaination for this bizarre behavior was due to the various cat-nip-laced toys. Ah, but then I realized that this behavior frequently happened without the use of cat mind-altering drugs!

So, my cat is an alien, here to observe and interact with us humans/earthlings, then report back to the (suposed) feline master of another world.

Ha.....any thoughts on this? (and no, i'm not serious) but wouldn't it be clever to infiltrate into our world as a cute fuzzy (sometimes psycho) feline?

Faeryland

Cats have been known to have the ability to see spirits, ghosts, and what not. They are gifted creatures. I knew this one lady who had about seven cats. She said that a spirit lived in here house, but that it wasn't haunted. I remember being there one time, and all her cats were looking at the ceiling, at the same moving... whatever it was... but i didnt see anything. Whatever it was, they were all looking at the same thing. It scared me, but she was used to it, so that kinda made me feel better, but it was still wierd. You should be happy! You have a very gifted pet. The thing you should be questioning isnt whether your cat is an alien, but what is it that your cat is seeing that you dont.

sorry... i think i said something someone else already did about cats seeing spirits. but what do ya think about that lady's cats?! pretty wierd eh?

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Annunaki]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It appears SOME people do not respect this forum in this site. We either have children or "trolls" as others has called them sending most of us this type of information. Wish the serious could band together. ( only reason I addressed this thread) BUT everyone is entitled to their freedom of speech and thoughts here

GOD bless

Not to be Harsh ERR.. but I am at the end.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Truthforall]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
It appears SOME people do not respect this forum in this site. We either have children or "trolls" as others has called them sending most of us this type of information. Wish the serious could band together. ( only reason I addressed this thread) BUT everyone is entitled to their freedom of speech and thoughts here

GOD bless

who was that directed toward?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
An alien cat? Strange, I just figured they were nuts. Maybe mine is to, he acts weird all the time. He is a "happy" kitty when ever you get close, he purrs and purrs all the time while he is tearing you to shreads. So fuuny, hear this loud purr while he claws you up and meows like he was diening just because you had the nerve to pet him.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Test you cat- yeah a test.

You can't tell it jokes because it wouldn't get them anyway. Cats seem to have a dry wit.

So, visual cues are next.

First, have it look in a mirror. Now it knows what it looks like.

Second, show it this picture (print it first so it doesn't attack your screen)

If your cat is possessed it will give off some cue to let you know it recognizes a 'familiar' (religious angle).

If your cat freaks and is afraid then buy a small cross (or 6 pointed star as the case may be) and hang it around your cats neck as it needs to be reassured.

If your cat doesn't give any reaction, either positive or negative, then proceed to step three for the 'alien test.'

This is a very sensitive test, so any easily offended do NOT look.

If your cat takes offense then you are safe as it really is just a cat.

However, if your cat does not get highly offended then an alien presence is a strong possibility. In this case, take your cat for a drive to a lonely stretch of road - - - -

Any questions on the implementation of these procedures can be found in the local Humane Society Handbook

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
i think the strangest species of cat you could own is one called manx.. they have no tail.....
this one i had sure did act like it was an alien, it would arch its back and walk sideways toward you with its eyes almost bugging out of its head, and then if you made a claw shape with your hand, it would take off like lightning through the house and come back and walk sideways at you again.
Many nights my wife and i would just roll on the ground laughing at this cat

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall

GOD bless

I don't see any harm in some well intended humor. It's nice to have a break from all the seriousness.

Remember the movie Ghost where the cat freaks out and hisses and swipes at Patrick Swazie (spelling?)?

I believe the Egyptians had a belief that cats were the keepers of the gates of some otherworld... It's interesting to note how many cultures have connected cats with the supernatural. Here, check this out:

pio.tripod.com...

I bet cats can see cloaked aliens... Thought I'd throw that in there since we're on an alien forum, after all. Heheh.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
patriots cat actually sounds like an alien...

not an alien from outer space
but it IS an alien from the "weirdo dimension"

lol
and that story about the 7 cats staring at an invisable moving object near the ceiling...thats MESSED UP!!!

talk about Freaky!!!

yes ive seen alot of cats follow invisable things with their eyes
i never thought anything of it tho; just figured the cats were hyper...lol

but my baby girl does that too sometimes
she looks back and forth across the room like something were flying around

its weird but im just guessing it could easily be explained as a brain function to get more oriented with its surroundings
just a guess

i dont really want to know the truth to this one
i once thought i encountered a ghost...
long story
short outcome
i believe in ghosts now

long story short...
little boy says "hey over here" at 5am
snow outside is 3 -4 feet deep
knocks on window
window is 7-9 feet above ground
no footprints outside

family from house reports various ghost storys
some involving that window and little boy

now i believe
and i DONT EVER wanna encounter a ghost agian
i dont have anything to do with them
leave me alone ghosts your scary!!!

yes i have a problem with dead people talking to me
just a slight problem
i just dont have enough underware for this type of universe

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
JoeDoaks,

I know you stated...this is sensitive etc....but PLEASE.... don’t make light of what is an extremely cruel and abominable treatment of animals. I love Asia and travel there almost monthly, but their treatment in some Asian countries of animals – in particular dogs and cats is absolutely despicable.

It breaks my heart..

[edit on 30/4/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join