It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the government is holding back some technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I for one say yes. I believe tons of technology is kept secret, such as better power sources, food sources, and such. Simply because if they introduced them...hundreds of companies would run out of business.

Think of it this way, something better than oil: Water lets say, is proven to be useful as fuel, more efficient, better milage, heck...its even good for the environment....but if it was introduced worldwide as a new and better fuel, oil would become obsolete, major oil companies would go bankrupt, tons of those rich fat cats who are in power would lose money. And of course the fat cats control everything, why would they be stupid enough to destroy their own company and lose all that power?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The answer is self-evident.
All one has to do is look at the current world environment and the current ongoing scenerio's to see this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A better question would be. How many technologies ur government is holding back?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If your broadened the statement to allow for the possibility that governments collude with private enterprises/industries in the suppression of pharmaceuticals, cures, better energy sources and over 20,000 products with no built-in obsolescence, I would vote 'Yes'.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know it seems like a stupid question to ask but the reason I have asked such a question is to determine whether or not there are many skeptical people on this board, evidently (at least so far) there are not, which is indeed a good outcome.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is my answer to your question..... "DUH"!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think your question was not the best for the puropse you intended. Perhaps asking if people believe in ghosts or aliens would have been better. It's pretty obvious that the GOV is keeping some techs secret. (that's why there are clasified (meaning secret) planes, weapons, programs, etc...) You think they'd tell you about them if you asked... I think not, so therefore, they are secret.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe the government has always and will always keep technology they have discovered a secret. Although, I have to admit they invented stealth if I'm not mistaken and then they brought it to light with the F-117.

new topics

top topics

join