It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush such a moron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
-He has the lowest IQ out of all the American presidents in the last 50 years.
urbanlegends.about.com...

-He gets his words all jumbled up when giving speaches

-His quotes are classic. He comes out with the stupidest things...

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life."—Washington, D.C., Dec. 21, 2004

"I want to appreciate those of you who wear our nation's uniform for your sacrifice."—Jacksonville, Fla., Jan. 14, 2005

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."—May 25, 2004

... to quote a few.

And yet this is supposedly the most powerful man in the world! Under his command, at this present moment in time, is the most powerful and advanced military in the world and the largest stockpile of Nuclear weapons in the world!

At any moment in time, this man could blow this planet to oblivion. The fate of this world is in this man's hands, and he probably can't even read! He has declared war on two countries, and hundreds of thousands have died as a result.

WHY WHY WHY!!??!! It just doesn't make any sense!! Even if he is just a puppet, he's a pupet with a huge amount of responsibility. And you just dont give that kinda job to a complete dunce. If it weren't for his daddy this guy would shovel sh*t for a living!

Somebody tell me WHY! This word just dont make sense anymore...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Are a psychologist able to diagnosis a conditon of 'moron'?

Also, what does this have to with the 'War on Terrorism':

Discuss The War On Terror, The War With Iraq & The Situation With N. Korea

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Also, what does this have to with the 'War on Terrorism':

Discuss The War On Terror, The War With Iraq & The Situation With N. Korea

Well Bush is very much a part of the war on terrorism if you ask me. He's made many descisions concerning it over the past few years. I am questioning the abilities of this man, and his ability to make wise descision's for the WORLD.

Sorry if moron is not technical or scientific enough. I think it describes him pretty well.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But this is precisely why he is the president. Dont you get it?

PS>>I"d change the tittle to "Why is Bush so mentally challenged". Your use of the word moron might offend 42 % of the posters here.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abstrakt
I think it describes him pretty well.

So then it's your opinion. My opinion is that he's one of the presidents in American history, but again that's just my opinion.

You could make a tie to him basically in every forum here, e.g. Bush is a moron because he won't tell us aliens exist.

[edit on 4/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well to take this question for what it is, Bush isnt a moron at all. He just acts like it. Its a planned public look. If he shows a simple mans look and looks to Jesus for moral guiduce than he can hide his real roots. This man was born into a rich powerfull family that didnt live in Texas. He is a crownie for big oil and many other companies. If he plays dumb its hard to pin the true nature of his planned take over of your rights and future. He shows that people a model of what he wishes us all to be, simple. You have a better time controling the masses that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Some experts think that Bush has Central Auditory Processing Disorder. It doesn't mean he is dumb or lacking in intellegence. It's kind of like dyslexia. In case you didn't know, most dyslexics are very intelligent.

Many of you seem so determined to bash Bush but why not put your energy trying to find a candidate that you approve of for '08? Spend your time making the world a better place rather than wasting your time crying over spilled milk.

Just my two cents ...

Jemison

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Exciting "news", huh, Abstrakt?
Raised the hair on the back of your neck?
Give you goosebumps?

Just a couple things here:
In your 'urbanlegends' link, do you know what an "urbanlegend" is?
Did you read the entire page or simply the article?

Did you miss this mention at the bottom of the article?

Comments: You'd think Americans would have grown weary of "Bush is an idiot" jokes by now, but the popularity of this forwarded email suggests otherwise.

It's obviously satire, though in a few cases it has been posted around the Net as factual and, strange as it seems, hotly debated.

I have found no evidence of a "Lovenstein Institute" in Scranton, Pennsylvania or anywhere else. There's no trace of a "Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist" or "Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, world-respected psychiatrist" — not in this world, at any rate. All of the facts and figures appear to have been fabricated. Some versions of the text claim it was published by the Associated Press, which is certainly not the case.

Did you simply swallow everything that the article mentioned as the 'truth', as gospel, maybe as fact? Thought so.

Btw, greetings and welcome to ATS and its community.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Liberals never get tired of this do they?

I am questioning the abilities of this man, and his ability to make wise descision's for the WORLD.

Wait, remember what we the U.S do doesnt affect the rest of the WORLD, what our president does, doesnt matter to anyone but the U.S because we all know the U.S isnt all that and the world is game without us..

Why is he in charge of all those nukes? cause we voted for him, sure some libs will say (I didnt vote for him) maybe not, but voting is agreeing that there is a chance you can loose, and when you loose you accept it, hes the pres get over it.

Its funny how some of you bash Bush for the way he talks.. hows this ok?
Hes from texas..
Why do you expect him to talk like some tight ass from up north?

Seems semi racist and hateful in a sense...

[edit on 28-4-2005 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

urbanlegends.about.com...

In that link, you've failed to notice this one: [EDIT] Seekerof beat me!
[/EDIT]

And you didn't notice you "jumbled" up a word above?

And yet this is supposedly the most powerful man in the world! Under his command, at this present moment in time, is the most powerful and advanced military in the world and the largest stockpile of Nuclear weapons in the world!

At any moment in time, this man could blow this planet to oblivion. The fate of this world is in this man's hands, and he probably can't even read! He has declared war on two countries, and hundreds of thousands have died as a result.

WHY WHY WHY!!??!! It just doesn't make any sense!! Even if he is just a puppet, he's a pupet with a huge amount of responsibility. And you just dont give that kinda job to a complete dunce. If it weren't for his daddy this guy would shovel sh*t for a living!

Then why worry? Bush is the only (and the first) US President, of all Presidents, to have a MBA degree in Business Administration from Harvard.

Moving on.

[edit on 4/28/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I would agree his speaking style/grace leaves much to be desired. I'd also agree that he has made many, IMO, misjudgements and has taken our country in the wrong direction, again IMO. But I think to call him a moron or suggest he is stupid misses the mark and has you falling in the same trap others have. I have often heard it said from both his allies and his adversaries that he is often underestimated and those who have met him describe him as very smart and perceptive. Now his policies on the other hand we dont have that kind of time

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You fell for that, how intelligent would it have been to scroll to the bottom of the page you linked for the debunking of that urban legend.

-His quotes are classic. He comes out with the stupidest things...

I see these both as basically the same thing.
I do the same thing sometimes, no big deal. Being a poor public speaker does not reflect on ones intelligence.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Being a poor public speaker does not reflect on ones intelligence.

When you are meant to be a statesman and "leader of the free world", indeed it does reflect on your intelligence and the image of your nation. Very badly.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Comments: You'd think Americans would have grown weary of "Bush is an idiot" jokes by now, but the popularity of this forwarded email suggests otherwise.

It's obviously satire, though in a few cases it has been posted around the Net as factual and, strange as it seems, hotly debated.

I have found no evidence of a "Lovenstein Institute" in Scranton, Pennsylvania or anywhere else. There's no trace of a "Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist" or "Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, world-respected psychiatrist" — not in this world, at any rate. All of the facts and figures appear to have been fabricated. Some versions of the text claim it was published by the Associated Press, which is certainly not the case.

Oops! Messed that one up a bit. Sorry Guys

But at the same time, you can't blame people like myself for thinking the article is true. It looks like it could be true put it that way.

Bush's policies and decisions DO affect the entire world, for good or for bad. And terrorism, whatever the true nature of it, is a very dangerous threat to people all over the world. IMO Bush isn't dealing with the problem of terrorism effectively, and in many ways he is throwing petrol on the flames, so to speak.

So I guess I should change the topic of this thread to something along the lines of, "Is Bush making the world a safer place?"

Any thoughts on that one?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Oops! Messed that one up a bit. Sorry Guys

But at the same time, you can't blame people like myself for thinking the article is true. It looks like it could be true put it that way.

Scroll down while reading the whole thing should help you to prevent such asinine, premature posting. You jumped off the boat before realizing the boat is not sinking but it is too late for you as the sharks came circling around you. You white meat or dark meat, hmmm?

Bush's policies and decisions DO affect the entire world, for good or for bad. And terrorism, whatever the true nature of it, is a very dangerous threat to people all over the world.
IMO Bush isn't dealing with the problem of terrorism effectively,

Putin's policies and decisions DO affect the entire world. Blair's policies and decisions DO affect the entire world. Jintao's policies and decisions DO affec the entire world. Chirac's policies and decisions DO affect the entire world, too. Same for Sharon's (Israel), Musharraf's (Pakistan) and many other world leaders.

Clinton's policies and decisions DID affected the entire world, too. So did Bush's father. So did Reagan's. So did Carter's. So did Ford's. So did Nixon's and every other President's before him. It's no different with every US President, being the leader of the free world, in dealing with powerful factors, decisions and world politics for different reasons. During Reagan's terms, nuclear war was (and still is) the most predominant worry around the world but Reagan choose to played the nuclear card very delicately but bluntly with the Soviet leadership.

Bush is doing the same thing with global terrorism. Play it delicately but bluntly. He cannot afford alienating the rest of the world by going off the rocker and invade every country suspected of hosting terrorists. You didn't see Bush ordering up invasion of every country, beside Afghanistan and Iraq, being historically suspected of sponsoring, aiding and/or hosting terrorists after the 9/11 attacks, did you?

There are many effective ways of dealing with terrorism other than the sole military option and Bush choose to go the intelligence, legal, financial and counter-terrorism options against Islamic and anti-American terrorists abroad and at home. Since the 9/11 attacks, not a single major terrorist attack involving massive losses of life and property/financial damages has happen on the American soil. That is effective enough for me.

and in many ways he is throwing petrol on the flames, so to speak.

I disagreed with the last statement of yours above. Most terrorists are emotionally disturbed and radically brainwashed bunch of idiots pandering themselves to radical and violent-oriented propaganda, misguided religious teachings, and politically-motivated agendas set forth by their leaders who would not even lay down their own lives to set an example. To suggest that Bush is throwing fuel to the fire because of what he's doing as President on the war on terror is clearly missing the point: what the terrorists are doing or will do against the United States is precisely giving President Bush the opportunity to hit back delicately but bluntly, with or without the helps of America's allies (and even enemies).

So I guess I should change the topic of this thread to something along the lines of, "Is Bush making the world a safer place?"

It is as if you're asking Bush to be God and expect Bush to make the world a safer place. The only people who can make the world a safe place is US (we, you, me, they, everyone). Why are you expecting Bush to make the world a safer place?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Of several theories attempting to explain why Bush "plays the fool," we have:

1. He merely ACTS (talks) like a fool. This usually explained as, like an above post, an attempt to sound like one of the stupid masses. A regular fella from Texas.

2. He really is a fool.

While #1 has some evidence for it, I must come down as seeing most evidence point to #2. The explanation is harder to believe, however. It's PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY. The man was built up by hidden power to actually believe the garbage that spews from his mouth. Thus he ACTUALLY DOES NOT KNOW THE REAL STORY and ACTUALLY BELIEVES the nonsense, and so can be seen as "honest."

The Machiavellian strategy ( by the way, Machiavelli's book "The Prince" can be downloaded legally and for free at www.gutenberg.org...
and I hope this is of use ) is employed by his backers, since Bush is a Prince of a different sort.

[edit on 5/1/2005 by Noumenon]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So then it's your opinion. My opinion is that he's one of the presidents in American history,

I don't think anyone could argue that point.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So then it's your opinion. My opinion is that he's one of the presidents in American history,

I don't think anyone could argue that point.

It is possible to argue that he is not a president in American history if he was not duly elected but instead appointed under order of the US Supreme Court in 2000.

Just for argument's sake.

People supporting that tenet will recommend the use of the qualified "president" or make satire about Bush's status as a POTUS impersonator, to differentiate George W Bush from real presidents in American history.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Democrats attack Bush because he is President and they aren't.

Republicans attacked Clinton because he was President and they weren't.

etc, etc.

I can't understand how Democrats can claim he is stupid. He "tricked' them out of the first election. Led his party to victory in the 2002 elections. Won again in 2004, despite losing all three debates and while doing all that accomplished his main goal of capturing Husein, the one he really cares about, with little or no evidence against him. Many Democrats were tricked into voting on a bill in congress to authorize the war in Iraq, even though they were against it.

Dems should focus on 2006 and 2008 (a little bit of advice, nominating Hillary is political suicide!)

[edit on 2-5-2005 by JoshGator54]

new topics

top topics

join