It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Investigated for Devil Worship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Before I clicked on this thread, I just knew it was going to be authored by All Seeing Eye. (Maybe I have ESP, should I be posting in paranormal :p )

I'm not a Mason, but these allegations are completely ridiculous. A five minute conversation with any Mason should dispel any false notions you may have about them being Satanists. Maybe there's a very few that are, but probably no more than in the average population, and most likely a lot less than that.

Anyhow, ASE, you now have the dubious honor of being on my ignore list for consistently posting threads of this nature. Goodbye.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
I have conversed with Masons (At least I believe they are) on this site and from what I can tell they are helpful down-to-earth people. Whenever I see the words Satan worship and Freemasons it makes me laugh as nothing could further from the truth.

Just about every Freemason I know is a Faithful and devout man who loves his God and his faith, and treats it as the most important thing in his life.

then why does the catholic church excommunicate admitted free masons ?

if you would just let geraldo rivera in on a ritual, all this would go away

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

[Just about every Freemason I know is a Faithful and devout man who loves his God and his faith, and treats it as the most important thing in his life.

then why does the catholic church excommunicate admitted free masons ?

Just because the church does not like Freemasonry, it does not mean that Freemasons cannot be devout Catholics. The Church's reasons against Freemasonry are a common misunderstanding, having to do with our supposed "Blood oaths and secrecy". A bit of research on their part would show them it is all a mistake, and that masons make good Catholics.

I'd like to add that the Church has no problem with a Catholic mason who is not aware of the Church's stance against Freemasonry. This actually means that the church does not actually forbid Catholics from being masons, but rather that they forbid Catholics from disobeying the Church.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

www.grandlodge-england.org...

Freemasonry is one of the world's oldest secular fraternal societies. The following information is intended to explain Freemasonry as it is practised under the United Grand Lodge of England, which administers Lodges of Freemasons in England and Wales and in many places overseas.

The explanation may correct some misconceptions.

Freemasonry is a society of men concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught its precepts by a series of ritual dramas, which follow ancient forms, and use stonemasons' customs and tools as allegorical guides.

Membership is open to men of any race or religion who can fulfil this essential qualification and who are of good repute.

Freemasonry and Religion

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. Its essential qualification opens it to men of many religions and it expects them to continue to follow their own faith. It does not allow religion to be discussed
at its meeting.

Secrecy

The secrets of Freemasonry are concerned with its traditional modes of recognition. It is not a secret society, since all members are free to acknowledge their membership and will do so in response to enquiries for respectable reasons. Its constitutions and rules are available to the public. There is no secret about any of its aims and principles. Like many other societies, it regards some of its internal affairs as private matters for its members.

Freemasonry and Politics

Freemasonry is non-political, and the discussion of politics at Masonic meetings is forbidden.

I never really thought about becoming a mason but after visiting this site I am really giving some thought, I never knew oxford was such a masonic place.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Intresting thread... they may or maynot be fact. But there are tales that in upper echelons of freemasons, like the 33rd degree, initiation, you have to swear allegiance to satan... Note, they say the same thing to worshippers of Mother Kali.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Quote: "They go to the temples to seek powers from their Master - Satan - for the protection of their positions and ill-gotten wealth."

ASE - will you please just stop with this CRAP! It is utterly ABSURD! You are posting links to Articles that contain out right LIES & Libel Slander! That Brilliant article - from 1999 - that you linked to went on to say that Masons:
"*Drink Human Blood & Eat Human Flesh*". As they worship "Satan" I suppose!

You have got to be kidding me right? Ridiculous! This is Pure Propaganda!

I SWEAR to GOD - ASE - if you keep this up I will Report you to a Mod!

You might want to check out the ATS "Terms & Conditions" again!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Intresting thread... they may or maynot be fact. But there are tales that in upper echelons of freemasons, like the 33rd degree, initiation, you have to swear allegiance to satan... Note, they say the same thing to worshippers of Mother Kali.

The 33rd degree IS NOT AN "UPPER ECHELON" of Freemasonry!!! It is an HONORARY degree, and NOBODY SWEARS ALLEGIANCE TO SATAN. Don't you realize how SILLY that sounds!?!?

Freemasons are ABSOLUTELY DEVOUT Christians and men of other faiths who live their life according to the Bible. NOBODY in Freemasonry would do such a thing. You have my personal word of honor

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
why can't i take your word for it, with that silly grin?
anyway, what do you guys think of hinduisim and african voodoo as references to devil worship? I don't beleive they are, do you?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This article has been pretty well debunked here:

www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That is pretty much what I expected. Uneducated comitting crimes against the rich.

Good link. Made me laugh.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wait a second here, people!

The country is rife with corruption, and then when a PRESIDENTIAL report is released that can be easily laughed at (due to references of Satan's power transforming Kenyan money into snakes!) but contains a lot of otherwise truthful information about scandals and conspiracy in the country.

This means the finished product has been tampered with. The point was to investigate 'Satanism', so obviously, when it was DOCTORED (in the three years that it was withheld from the public, and 6 years since) they included RIDICULOUS reference to Satan's power to transform snakes into money, to make the report seem entirely superstitious.

"Devil worshippers are usually wealthy and prominent people who drive expensive cars. Some of them are said to own large commercial enterprises. They possess large sums of money, and live a lavish lifestyle."

This would OBVIOUSLY stand out in a country such as Kenya, why are we saying they are wrong to want to share the wealth in such a impoverished country?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
"Devil worshippers are usually wealthy and prominent people who drive expensive cars. Some of them are said to own large commercial enterprises. They possess large sums of money, and live a lavish lifestyle."

This would OBVIOUSLY stand out in a country such as Kenya, why are we saying they are wrong to want to share the wealth in such a impoverished country?

Akilles, why would anyone worship the devil? What benefit comes from doing so? Do you think that "devil worshippers" see what they are doing as worshipping satan?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I've collected and studied Masonic ritual for a number of years (yeah..I know...strange hobby...but it's MY hobby) I have several hundred Masonic rituals (and as many or more rituals of other fraternal societies) Amongst my collection are several versions of the Thirty-Third Degree ritual...not expose's...THE ACTUAL RITUAL (covering a period from 1801 to 1996) To my knowledge it hasn't been revised since then. It's beautiful and impressive just like the Thirty-Second Degree ritual (which I've personally experienced) and several others.

Why conspiracy theorists are so infatuated with the 33rd Degree is beyond me. If I were looking for a conspiracy to invent, I'd invent one about the Masonic "Knight Templar" Degree of the York Rite (which I've also personally experienced and it's beautiful and impressive as well)

Regards

Senrak

[edit on 6-5-2005 by senrak]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

I've collected and studied Masonic ritual for a number of years (yeah..I know...strange hobby...but it's MY hobby) I have several hundred Masonic rituals (and as many or more rituals of other fraternal societies) Amongst my collection are several versions of the Thirty-Third Degree ritual...not expose's...THE ACTUAL RITUAL (covering a period from 1801 to 1996) To my knowledge it hasn't been revised since then. It's beautiful and impressive just like the Thirty-Second Degree ritual (which I've personally experienced) and several others.

Why conspiracy theorists are so infatuated with the 33rd Degree is beyond me. If I were looking for a conspiracy to invent, I'd invent one about the Masonic "Knight Templar" Degree of the York Rite (which I've also personally experienced and it's beautiful and impressive as well)

Regards

Senrak

[edit on 6-5-2005 by senrak]

I'm no troll nor want try and conspire against freemasonry as I have done some proper research into and have become quite interested in becoming a member (no joke).

Senrak, I am not going to interrogate you about the rituals but could you please enlighten me as to what happens during them as I am genuinly interested in learning more???

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Senrak, I am not going to interrogate you about the rituals but could you please enlighten me as to what happens during them as I am genuinly interested in learning more???

Initiation is a "journey" The basics of Masonic ritual remain the same throughout the whole of the degree system. A candidate is proposed for membership. He then seeks admission. He's admitted and various questions asked and lessons taught. An obligation is given (upon the Holy Book of one's faith) modes of recognition (handshakes, signs, passwords) are imparted and the teachings of the degree are administered in lecture form, usually utilizing pictures of various symbols, or even film-strips or slides. Then a "Charge" is given admonishing the new member to act according to the teachings of the Order.

In some degrees a sort of "play" is performed reinacting either some historical event of significance or depicting a moral lesson that's taught, while the candidate either participates as one of the characters (with his guide speaking on his behalf) or while he sits in the audience and observes.

The above is the "basic" structure of Masonic rituals...1st Degree, 11th Degree...33rd Degree...Royal Arch Degree....Royal Order of Scotland...etc. etc.

Regards

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Initiation is a "journey" The basics of Masonic ritual remain the same throughout the whole of the degree system. A candidate is proposed for membership. He then seeks admission. He's admitted and various questions asked and lessons taught. An obligation is given (upon the Holy Book of one's faith) modes of recognition (handshakes, signs, passwords) are imparted and the teachings of the degree are administered in lecture form, usually utilizing pictures of various symbols, or even film-strips or slides. Then a "Charge" is given admonishing the new member to act according to the teachings of the Order.

In some degrees a sort of "play" is performed reinacting either some historical event of significance or depicting a moral lesson that's taught, while the candidate either participates as one of the characters (with his guide speaking on his behalf) or while he sits in the audience and observes.

The above is the "basic" structure of Masonic rituals...1st Degree, 11th Degree...33rd Degree...Royal Arch Degree....Royal Order of Scotland...etc. etc.

Regards

Thanks I shall have to pay a visit to my local lodge.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You left out the part about where we marry teenage virgins and eat babies. :bnghd:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Thanks I shall have to pay a visit to my local lodge.

I can promise you this. If you do...and you're serious about it and willing to put MUCH more into it than is required of you....your life will never be the same.

I became a Mason in 1989 and have NEVER ONCE regretted it.

Regards

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You left out the part about where we marry teenage virgins and eat babies. :bnghd:

You found some teenage virgins!!!!???? Damn...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I can promise you this. If you do...and you're serious about it and willing to put MUCH more into it than is required of you....your life will never be the same.

I became a Mason in 1989 and have NEVER ONCE regretted it.

I've been a mason much less time than Senrak, but my feelings are exactly the same. If you are of the correct mentality, it is a completely life-changing experience. Not because it will change your life economically, relationship-wise, career-wise, etc... it changes your state of mind, and that affects everything else.

You found some teenage virgins!!!!???? Damn...

Hahaha, in this day and age in this country that IS a miracle!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join