It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the church and freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.remnantofgod.org...

look at the slideshow, it first shows some pagan objects, then some catholic objects. when it's showing the catholic objects, it shows a window of a church (the special coloured glass, don't know the name), in three parts, look at the symbol in the cross, in the right piece of the window.

Isn't that a masonic symbol?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I see what u mean...but all i saw was the 2 crosses and something inside them????

Is that what ur on about????

Could u blow up the picture and let us see the symbol ur talking about???

Oh...the Antichrist one freaked me out!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here you can see it in the degrees of freemasonry pic

this symbol

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by alienaddicted]

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That is a very chilling website. Yes, very scarey indeed. I watched the antichrist slide show, and all I can say is wow!

Magestica

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thats the Knights Templar insignia!!!!!!

See what u mean?????

Hey Magestia...long time no hear from?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.remnantofgod.org...

Is a good slide section...involves masonic symbolism

As for that "Cross in crown" it's not a Masonic Symbol, it's apparently used by the Templars of the York Rite, but that probably means that the former Templars took it in a form of symbolism, from predecessors...not that Masonry has taken over the church or any such thing...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The music is also very fitting, as it is a part of Sephiroth's Theme, from the game Final Fantasy VII...Sephiroth is a name of Jewish origin, and the game's general theme was the destruction of the natural order to achieve immortality.

However, it was not a very "christian game", the holiest people being more along the lines of Jews than anything else

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Some Masonic orders require a Christian belief and celebrate historical events and the players in them from a Christian perspective.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That is true...I'm just curious as to where that actual symbol originates...while Masonic Symbols are mostly "unique" and original...most of the appendant bodies are not so...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yes, interesting indeed.

Like I connect the significance of the beehive to Mormons before I connect it with masonic symbolism.

Uniqueness as well as liberal borrowings in many places.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Halos are in reality a representation of the White light Orbs, or Satan himself. Because that is what he looks like in reality, the morning star, the shining one.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Halos are extremely common in all the world's religions. They do not mark off any religion as being 'satanic' or 'pagan', necessarily. Halos are so common, in fact, that, as an artistic device, they are no more unusual than places of worship, prayer, or the idea of God.

To make the argument "If Catholic churches and Pagan art both have artwork involving halos, Catholicism must be pagan or satanic" is like making the argument, "as Protestantism and Satanism both have a concept of the Devil, than Protestantism is satanic."

C'mon, guys....

Anyone who reads about the world's religions will realize that they have a great deal in common. There is no conspiracy there.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well MA, the Beehive was taken by the mormons from the Masons...but it would be interesting to wonder why that symbol is in with Masonry at all...where did IT originate?

When I was talking about Uniqueness and originality, that was not one of the symbols on my mind

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well this website doesn't serve up anything new to me.
It's the same old anti-catholic propaganda that I've been hearing for years.
This is been around longer than I have and will more than likely outlive me .
A hundred years from now people will still be saying this.

Personally I don't like or agree with the catholic church.
But I don't like or agree with the protestants either,especially the fundie ones.
They can be just as ignorant and thick-headed as their catholic counterparts.

They have probably more in common with each other despite their differences.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This website is just filled with fundie propagandist tripe. Nothing more. Cool music though. Seventh day Adventists are out against the Catholics for quite a while now. To answer the question at hand the upside down cross:

Recently, someone mentioned that the Pope wore an upside-down cross. As you may know, in our culture, the upside-down cross is synonymous with Satanism. But, it is also synonymous with something else. Often, Protestants use this to attack the Pope and accuse our Catholic Church of being evil. This is a blatant lie!

Actually, a Pope has never worn an upside-down cross. What the Protestants are referring to is a picture of Pope John Paul II sitting in a chair with an upside-down cross etched into it. The upside-down cross has significance in our Catholic Tradition.

When Saint Peter was martyred, he requested to be crucified upside down, because he was not worthy to die in the same manner as Jesus Christ our Lord. So, an upside-down cross is often etched into papal chairs, altars in churches of Saint Peter, and other things, in order to connect themselves with Saint Peter. Satanists use upside-down crosses to demean Christ.

I hope this clears up some of the controversy.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The music is cool...YOU ROCK FF7!

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A friend of mine told me that freemasons are satanists, he said that if they deny it then that means they are satanists.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
drunk

Is your friend a Satanist?

'It takes one to know one'.

'2B1ASK1'.

99% of Freemasons are not Satanists, or do not know that they might conceivably be conducting 'Luciferian' (not Satanist) ceremonies late in their Masonic careers.

Consequently they can't be Satanists, unless they are closet Satanists capable of being hypnotized into the view that they are Christians or other while they are actually devil-worshippers who do not even know they are Satanists.

Your friend's logic makes no sense.

Are you a gay hooker who hangs around outside bars? If you say you are not, then you must be.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have always thought and believed freemasons to be satanists my friend has researched this kind of subject thoroughly.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Perhaps he or she ought to post some material on here.

(Researcher may be citing the same kind of sources.)

Often such things are written (and cited) in an effort by fundamentalist Christians to keep impressionable young Christian men out of Freemasonry. I know I have seen stuff on why that happens elsewhere in ATS and in the real world.

No Freemason will ever tell you that Freemasons are Satanists because it's not true, and nobody who is not a Freemason can know that and believe it for themselves. It's a bit of a Catch 22 for you.

I suggest you make up your own mind reading about it (the arguments pro and con) rather than believing your friend because he or she is your friend. I wonder how they reached that conclusion.

Go on, show some analysis. Write five or six lines....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join