It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biowar will begin.......Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bata, Equatorial Guinea, Apr. 27 (UPI) -- The Minister of Health in Equatorial Guinea has issued an alert about the deadly Ebola virus after a man with symptoms of the disease died last week.

www.washingtontimes.com...

First marburg was field tested now ebola is being field tested, again. Expect both to suddenly "jump" to somewhere "western" soon.

JAK

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am afraid that you have lost me a little here Dr.

Why is this case of Ebola classed as a 'field test'? And who exactly, apart from yourself is suggesting such a thing?

I read the link you posted and saw no reference to such, only:

Neighboring country Gabon has had Ebola outbreaks several times in recent years.

Which, far from suggesting that this is complete surprise, rather offers a possible source and the opinion that it is not a complete surprise which might lead to wild specualtion.

Jack

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
I am afraid that you have lost me a little here Dr.

Why is this case of Ebola classed as a 'field test'? And who exactly, apart from yourself is suggesting such a thing?

I read the link you posted and saw no reference to such, only:

Neighboring country Gabon has had Ebola outbreaks several times in recent years.

Which, far from suggesting that this is complete surprise, rather offers a possible source and the opinion that it is not a complete surprise which might lead to wild specualtion.

Jack

Consider it a professional warning........................however it is only a personal opinion based on the raw data from the area. Field testing of such a thing as 'marburg" is very probable. Remember where marburg gets its name. From a small town in germany where the first outbreak occured, that just happens to be a the home of a major bioresearch lab. Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I remember a biowar tactic diversion at the start of the war in Iraq... It didn't stay around for long.

SARS was from a US lab!

www.washingtonfreepress.org...
www.healingcelebrations.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey Dahmer
I remember a biowar tactic diversion at the start of the war in Iraq... It didn't stay around for long.

SARS was from a US lab!

www.washingtonfreepress.org...
www.healingcelebrations.com...

Point well taken, there is also significant evidence that HIV came from the UN's WHO searching for a polio vaccines. 'Stanleyville"..........where many jungle disease were purified...............

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Horacid, what reason would they have to "field test" a virus they allready know the effects of?
There is no reason at all to have field tests, not even as a warning.
I think you're being hysterical, but it makes for an exciting topic title, have to give you that.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Horacid, what reason would they have to "field test" a virus they allready know the effects of?
There is no reason at all to have field tests, not even as a warning.
I think you're being hysterical, but it makes for an exciting topic title, have to give you that.

Knowing the "effects" is different from testing the weaponization of a virus or disease. Testing "how" it is dispersed throughout the populace. How "effective" is it in action outside the lab. Does the virus keep its "kill capacity" from generation to generation outside the lab.

There are many reasons to field test..............

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its interesting that you've posted this in the 'War on Terror' forum, as opposed to say 'Weapons'.

Do you envisage the Ebola or Marburg viruses becoming relevant to the war on terror?

If so, in which way: ie, will the virus be used by terrrorists against the west? used against terrorists or hostile regimes by the west? or used by the west against the west to 'frame' terrorists and further political agenda?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Horacid - I see in your profile that you're in a BSL-4 lab. Is that true? If so how feasible is what you had said? What is the incubation period for these diseases? If someone was infected, yet still showing no outward signs, are they indeed contagious, or do they need to be visibly ill to spread the disease(s)?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Horacid - I see in your profile that you're in a BSL-4 lab. Is that true? If so how feasible is what you had said? What is the incubation period for these diseases? If someone was infected, yet still showing no outward signs, are they indeed contagious, or do they need to be visibly ill to spread the disease(s)?

Incubation period vary based on the infection but 10-20 days is generally a safe guess for things like smallpox, marburg and ebola.

A host need not be "sick" to be contagious.

Everything you never wanted to know is here ; www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Incubation period vary based on the infection but 10-20 days is generally a safe guess for things like smallpox, marburg and ebola.

A host need not be "sick" to be contagious.

Well, that would make it a very viable plan then. Doesn't that just make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I would have to assume that there would be no way to detect this threat then?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Bata, Equatorial Guinea, Apr. 27 (UPI) -- The Minister of Health in Equatorial Guinea has issued an alert about the deadly Ebola virus after a man with symptoms of the disease died last week.

www.washingtontimes.com...

First marburg was field tested now ebola is being field tested, again. Expect both to suddenly "jump" to somewhere "western" soon.

Who is behind this horacid?? Are you insinuating there are muslim terrorists behind this??

I agree with you, there is something BIG to happen soon but what it will be precisely i dunno, but it coul be a big bio threat.
But i have a 180 degree opposite hunch on the guilty party of this tragedy to come.

You opinions puzzle me for you are quite intelligent but your intuition lacks.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Who is behind this horacid?? Are you insinuating there are muslim terrorists behind this??

I agree with you, there is something BIG to happen soon but what it will be precisely i dunno, but it coul be a big bio threat.
But i have a 180 degree opposite hunch on the guilty party of this tragedy to come.

You opinions puzzle me for you are quite intelligent but your intuition lacks.

Intuition?............How's this. It's the Chinese doing the testing. The delivery could be muslim. Could also be Iran................

Russia and America already tested but found the disease to deadly to use as a weapon. Marburg and Ebola kill too fast to be effective. Good terror weapon, bad biowar weapon. Smallpox is a different issue. It's perfect......

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
well, all I can say is that I hope they don't think I am going to be running to a doctor if I am sick!!! because I won't be....I'll just be doing what I am now, doing what I can, not worrying about what I can't...and getting as much stuff that has to be done done!!! IF that means I am bringing that cute little bioweapon to a laundrymat near your, well, sorry....maybe people should have been more concerned about those 40 million or whatever americans that are left out of the loop when it comes to healthcare!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
First of all, these aren't lab-created bioweapons. These are diseases that crop up occasionally that are actually animal diseases. There's a long history of small outbreaks of this kind and becuase they ARE small and tend to be localized (kill 90% of the population), then they haven't been reported in the past.

What you'd get is "found village deserted." Or "reports of dying natives but when we got there 2 weeks later we found nobody." Or "reports of hemorrhagic fever." Many were identified/lumped under the category of "dengue hemoragic fever."

We have reliable reports of these hemoragic fevers that go back to the 1700's and earlier:
iri.columbia.edu...

Nor are they "field testing" them. The delivery method is very specific and believe me, the countries would notice ANY foreigners wandering in and playing tourist in the area. You probably haven't tried to get into any of those remote villages, but it's quite difficult and everyone knows who you are and why you're there.

People aren't stupid. If you get tourists and then a sudden outbreak of problems EVERY time certain tourists go in the area, tourists from that country won't be allowed in the host country. Suspicious people will be arrested and jailed.

Real life spy networks are not as slick and "bioweapons delivery" is difficult simply because there's no Godlike Producer writing scenarios where the Intrepid Guy sneaks in, delivers the weaponry, and everything goes as planned, Mr. Bond.

And people aren't stupid, Mr. Bond... at least, not all of them. Your scenario requires the entire population to have the IQ of a gerbil with Alzheimers and the attention span of a fruit fly.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
marburg has killed 253 people in angola in the last 3 months. ebola is a different virus, but if both were to turn into an epidemic at the same time, it would probably be safe to assume there would be very few of us left when it was done. whether a government or other organization is involved, i can't say, but i can say i doubt it. governments don't need to test, the effects are known, islamic terrorists more than likely would not test on africans, being that they would sympathize with the suffering similar, but greater than that of the suffering in the middle east in third world conditions. it's my opinion that it has always occured naturally and will continue to do so, unless and until the host is found and the virii can be eradicated. marburg was first found in germany and traced back to construction workers, if i remember correctly, or possibly to zoo monkeys or both in 1967. it is less virulent than ebola, but still bad.

anyone remember the TV show Millennium? couple of good episodes on marburg, or a variant there-of.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whether any government tests these things, I cannot say. But I do believe that it would be very easy for one of these viruses to be spread naturally, accidentally, and with catastrophic effect.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I read that the reason that the marburg has spread so much in angola in the last 3 months is that the people have a tradition of drinking the water that was used to wash the dead......maybe in this case the greatest biological weapon is age-old traditions that should have bit the dust ages ago?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You need to back this up with something other than speculation and professional opinion, Doc. People have been saying this very thing on a weekly basis here on ATS for as long as I've been here, and nothing of the sort has happened yet. Do I consider it an impossibility? No. An improbability. Yes.

And just a question...

How do they come up with the statistic that it kills 50-90% of people who become infected? That's quite the margin. You would think that they could be a little more precise by simply dividing the number of deaths into the number of survivals or something.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The problem with anyone wishing to deploy contagious bioweapons is the inevitability of blowback - should the contagion spread easily enough, the attacking party is just as likely to be affected as the attacker. Modern humans being as mobile as they are now, the ability of any agressor to protect their own population from the weapon is doubtful. The indiscriminate nature of contagious diseases like smallpox, precisely what makes them so effective at killing, is also what makes them strategically almost useless.

Even Muslim radicals, and others whose fanaticism imbues them with a similar willingness to kill, have a population base they do not wish to harm. It would serve no purpose to slaughter thier own supporters along with their enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join