It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY Opinion About GOD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Help me then mojom

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Only you can help yourself. If I was to help you think of an answer it would defeat the point of me asking you. Ya have to make up your own mind, all anyone else can do is ask questions. You're in charge of coming up with the answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ok, thanx for the advice.... I'll take it

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicodudet
I think there is a heaven and a god some where up there because if there wasn't then who would have made this world?? I don't think it's right that people would say that they want to kill god!! EVEN IF IT'S A JOKE... some of you are thinking that I'm crazy but people need to think about miracles and how would they happen if god wasn't there watching you??? I just wanted to tell my opinion without getting YELLED at.

i also respect your opinion...and i agree totally

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
thanx for your surport shadow!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you can talk, you aren't dumb.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We are currently in heaven. There is no hell. Hell is what you put yourself through. If seeking God look only inside yourself and what is around you.

We hold the holy spirit within us. We are each a small portion of God.

Do not look in only one place for the answers. The answers are all around you.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

people need to think about miracles and how would they happen if god wasn't there watching you

Oh, I see now... God only gets credit for the good stuff he does once in a blue moon, to affect only a small part of the populace (or for the "miracles" of putting Mary's face on a potato, or some other such nonsense). War, disease, famine, natural disasters...these are the stuff that aren't in his department, I take it? Please...

This "worship" of such an entity, who would abandon his creations to such woes is completely mind-boggling to say the least....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Christian trash you will ever see. I can name a few names but stick around and you will figure out who they are. Do not let these people upset you - stay cool. They just love to post garbage to upset Christians. Don't let it get to you. Remember keep the faith - for the victory is already ours.

Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Islamic trash you will ever see. I can name a few names but stick around and you will figure out who they are. Do not let these people upset you - stay cool. They just love to post garbage to upset Muslims. Don't let it get to you. Remember keep the faith - for the victory is already ours.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicodudet
jagdflieger,
I'm just so upset about what the other guyz said about god..... she/he said that she wanted to kill god. I thought that was wrong so i posted what i thought... I take it i shouldn't do that anymore

========================================
Dear Miss Sico,
Always post and say what you think and feel.
Also you are not, I repeat not, stupid. Erase such thoughts from your vocabulary.
As to your age, your thought process and reactionary mood remind me of my daughter. Nicole just turned 20, I'll wager you are 19?
And the guy in the WWII fighter plane is correct, my rage was directed at the chowder head, arcanaimperium, or whatever. The idiot that wants to kill God, as if he could. You do not destroy a meal ticket. Life is food for the eternal soul.
And I also misdirect my anger on occasion, rare occasion. Ahem!!!!!!!!!!

tut tut

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If people would take the time to actually learn something about a religion, before they bash it...maybe they would come off a little better...

Personally, studying religions is a hobby of mine. I was fortunate enough to know many of many different faiths, and it's given me a great perspective on it (imho...) Having lived with muslims, especially, I too hate to see Islam bashed by those who think that all muslims are gun-toting fanatics wishing to blow themselves up. They are an extreme minority, not the majority. They are the fanatics, just as Christian fanatics might dance with snakes, or avoid a doctor and rely on faith. They are not the norm. Must muslims go to work everyday, come home to their families, and live their lives peacefully...just like you and me....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I read uptop that God abandons his creation. To the contrary-God observes his creation and what we (God's spirit) continually create.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
========================================
Dear Miss Sico,
Always post and say what you think and feel.
Also you are not, I repeat not, stupid. Erase such thoughts from your vocabulary.
As to your age, your thought process and reactionary mood remind me of my daughter. Nicole just turned 20, I'll wager you are 19?
And the guy in the WWII fighter plane is correct, my rage was directed at the chowder head, arcanaimperium, or whatever. The idiot that wants to kill God, as if he could. You do not destroy a meal ticket. Life is food for the eternal soul.
And I also misdirect my anger on occasion, rare occasion. Ahem!!!!!!!!!!

tut tut

If i wasn't stup then why does the kid who wrote "Kill God" think I'am
, is it because she has no idea about god
The thing that pissed me off the most was that she asked how to kill god!! I mean i understand she's curious, i just don't think that is right saying that

I wish i was 19!!

~Sico~

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Christian trash you will ever see. - for the victory is already ours.

Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Islamic trash you will ever see. - for the victory is already ours.

This Islamic vs Christian vs Islamic quarrel is really tedious. Is it really a matter of right or wrong, true or false? People in different parts of the world have different cultures, different languages, and so they call God by different names. Accusing the other side of misinterpreting Gods word, or whatever lies at the heart of this conflict, is quite pointless and very Aristotelean - from an argumentative point of view. Going at each others throats over these matters are so... medieval.

I'm new here, and from a country where the religious overtones in both the USA-Irak conflict and the Palestinian conflict seem pretty scary.

I don't have the time to read every topic in this forum, but it would be interesting to read a debate between people of different faiths trying to find out what unites them, rather than what separates them.

Btw, wasn't Jesus a pretty tolerant fellow?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

God Does Not Abandon

I read uptop that God abandons his creation. To the contrary-God observes his creation and what we (God's spirit) continually create.

Tell that to an Ethopian who is starving, or a Serbian child who just saw his parents get executed. Tell HIM that it's ok, because God works in mysterious ways.... Tell HIM, that his God hasn't abandoned him. I think he'd strongly disagree...and argue that it's the bottom of the ninth, and Satan is leading 666 to 1...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
World hunger could be stopped this instant. War could be stopped this instant if we all stopped this instant and decided we were going to do something about it.

God observes his creation that continually creates. It is God's way of looking at who he is and experiencing. You, me, and everyone continually create and experience. That is what God wants us to do. He will not interfere because that would be something done against our own free will, and thus God would no longer experience, and his creation that is ever expanding would no longer be.

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starfish

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Christian trash you will ever see. - for the victory is already ours.

Also remember that there are people here who post some of the most virulent anti-Islamic trash you will ever see. - for the victory is already ours.

This Islamic vs Christian vs Islamic quarrel is really tedious. Is it really a matter of right or wrong, true or false? People in different parts of the world have different cultures, different languages, and so they call God by different names. Accusing the other side of misinterpreting Gods word, or whatever lies at the heart of this conflict, is quite pointless and very Aristotelean - from an argumentative point of view. Going at each others throats over these matters are so... medieval.

I'm new here, and from a country where the religious overtones in both the USA-Irak conflict and the Palestinian conflict seem pretty scary.

I don't have the time to read every topic in this forum, but it would be interesting to read a debate between people of different faiths trying to find out what unites them, rather than what separates them.

Btw, wasn't Jesus a pretty tolerant fellow?

Yeh, but if we try to debate between different faiths to try to find out what unites them it wouldn't be any fun

There wouldn't be any point in arguing if you couldn't shout out your opinoin

Yes jesus was and i don't know how he was so patient

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sicodudet welcome to ATS....

Feel free to express yourself as you see fit, if you have a problem with the way someone responds to you feel free to let us know.

We have a lot of different types of beliefs here at ATS with respect to religion. To say the very least the subject causes arguments in the closest of families.

Your input is welcome and while some may differ on conclusions what that really means in the end is that we are different. Differences do not by there very nature cause similarities to cease to exist, only decisions made by people can actually do that.

My advise is if your intent is to spend time here that you read the post's offered on the first page.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

He will not interfere because that would be something done against our own free will, and thus God would no longer experience

Ah, I see...so he doesn't interfere because he's selfish, and it would ruin his fun. Oh, that's much better then...my bad...
Free will....someone's seen Bruce Almighty too many times... The Bible (since it was created as a tool of control) certainly is no big fan of Free Will...go ahead, start looking....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

He will not interfere because that would be something done against our own free will, and thus God would no longer experience

Ah, I see...so he doesn't interfere because he's selfish, and it would ruin his fun. Oh, that's much better then...my bad...
Free will....someone's seen Bruce Almighty too many times... The Bible (since it was created as a tool of control) certainly is no big fan of Free Will...go ahead, start looking....

free will............. i don't even think god even knows what that is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join