It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt is on for UK man (Stabbing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
An awful attack happened to a mother ( Abigail Witchalls, 26) walking her 2yr old child in a buggy
A man walked up to her and put a knife to her baby’s throat, she managed to get her baby and run,
The man continued after her and stabbed her in the neck,
She is now in a hospital bed and at this time is paralysed, the 2yr child is fine,

It seems that this was a complete random attack, The man never robbed her or attempted to take anything, The hunt is now on for the man, as the women has for the first time been able to tell police what happened to her,

DESCRIPTION OF ATTACKER

The man, unknown to Mrs Witchalls, is said to be between 20 and 35 years old. She said he was slightly taller than her but shorter than her husband, making him between 5ft 10 and 6ft 4 tall.

Police said he had short, dark and wavy or scruffy hair with a long, thin face and prominent cheekbones.

It is thought he had pale skin and bags under his eyes as well as a deep voice.

At the time, he was wearing thick looped silver-coloured earrings in both ears.

Mrs Witchalls had first seen the stranger moments earlier when he drove past her in a blue estate car.

The car had four doors and a hatch-back.

She described it as being an older model, plain and in all one colour.

A photofit of the man is being prepared.

SKYNEWS

So anyone in the UK please keep your eyes and ears open if you live near this area (Little Bookham Surrey)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just a random act for the heck of it. How awful. I hope they catch the nut and put him away forever and hope the baby and the mother are ok.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yep the baby seems fine,

The mother just finished a 9hr interview with police using face movements and blinking,

She is a very brave women, i just hope that catch this guy soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The man responsible for this should be hung drawn and quatered.

I dont particularly agree with violence for violence but i hope someone does the same to him one day.

A totally unprovoked attack that has left a poor woman paralysed.

My heart goes out to her and her family!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There has been a great resonse from the British public since a description of the man was released and police have recieved over 300 calls from members of the public giving information.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I live in one of the villages nearby, and I can say that everyone in the local pubs have been shocked by the incident.

Truly terrible.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder if Knife registration and a three day waiting period and background check before a silverware purchase would have stopped this?

Until you British can come up with some sane silverware control laws over there this will continue to happen.

Sorry I will stand in the corner now.

Maybe if someone in the crowd had have had a gun they could have shot the bastard.

I hope they have the death penetly in Britian

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I bet there is nothing random about this. Odds are the guy knew her or was working for somebody who knew her. People who commit "opportunity" crime, or random crime, dont chase people down. way too risky. There is an agenda here someplace.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Until you British can come up with some sane silverware control laws over there this will continue to happen.

Sorry I will stand in the corner now.

Maybe if someone in the crowd had have had a gun they could have shot the bastard.

I hope they have the death penetly in Britian

Sane silverware laws??? Are you American? The land where evryone and their dog has a gun???

What crowd? She was walking down the street with her child when attacked!

We dont have the death penalty anymore except for treason!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Sane silverware laws??? Are you American? The land where evryone and their dog has a gun???

HEY!!! Dont say that, my dog would shoot you for saying such a thing

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A 25-year-old Surrey man is being held by detectives hunting the attacker of stab victim Abigail Witchalls, who was left paralysed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lets hope it was him and that justice is done. (Although it rarely is)

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
weird that it is being reported so much.

these attacks happen all the time, yet they are not reported except for in local papers.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
More news on this! ABIGAIL STAB SUSPECT DIES looks like the man who was being help over the stabbing has just killed himself, Cant say that im sorry for this man,

Abigail till this day still lays in hospital unable to move and talk, I hope he rots

He is believed to have taken a large amount of paracetamol tablets between April 25 and 28, a spokesman for Surrey Police said.

Skynews

top topics

join