It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A scratch ON my eyeball!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So this all started the night before last. I was going to sleep, and I felt a sharp pain. Being too tired to get up, I just ignored it. So yesterday, I woke up and put in my contact lense, and noticed it stung! I then rolled my eyeball and saw that it was all red! Upon looking closer, I noticed a big scratch-type thing on the right side of my eye somewhat far back
. It doesn't really hurt, although it does cause my eye to feel watery on occasion. This is the second day, and I don't think it's gotten much better. My mom's a nurse, and she says it's just a scratch and it'll go away. I don't know though; she didn't really look close and she tends to be pretty 'lax about this kind of thing when it comes to her kids, because she sees so much worse at the hospital daily. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Any suggestions?

Dont put in your contacts. Use glasses

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Any suggestions?

Dont put in your contacts. Use glasses

I don't have anymore glasses. Besides, the contact doesn't even touch the scratch. It only stung that one time because I pushed it to the side a little.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This happened to my dog. He needed stitches and the cat got declawed.

I'm sure that helps loads.

Sorry, you got hurt. How? Do you know? I like icky sty medicine for everything. Not because it does anything, but it let's you feel like you're doing something.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This happened to my dog. He needed stitches and the cat got declawed.

I'm sure that helps loads.

Sorry, you got hurt. How? Do you know? I like icky sty medicine for everything. Not because it does anything, but it let's you feel like you're doing something.

Your dog got stitches in his EYE!? I'm not sure how it happened. I guess it just happened while I was sleeping. I'm guessing an eyelash got in there or something and irritated it, or maybe I cut it putting in my contact. Not sure, but it's annoying!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
well just be glad you never had a contact that for some reason was ripped. I put it in and it hurt like hell

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
well just be glad you never had a contact that for some reason was ripped. I put it in and it hurt like hell

I've done that before! It does hurt! This is worse though, because it's just hideious! Maybe I should take a picture hahaha.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just rub your top eye lid over your entire eye n leave it for a bit
usually works for me!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i have no idea of what to do in a situation like that, but browse around on this site, maybe youll find help there

my.webmd.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the link! Stuey, won't rubbing it just make the scratch worse? heh heh

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
your welcome... and yeah dont rub an damaged eye... we shouldnt rub our eyes anyways... the germs go right into them

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Any suggestions?

Don't worry about it; it'll probably be healed by tomorrow morning. If it's still bothering you tomorrow, go see your opthalmologist/optometrist to make sure there isn't something still in your eye.

I've had scratches a couple of times, and actually have a pinprick scar on my right cornea. Hurt like a *%^$, but healed up with no problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge

Any suggestions?

Don't worry about it; it'll probably be healed by tomorrow morning. If it's still bothering you tomorrow, go see your opthalmologist/optometrist to make sure there isn't something still in your eye.

I've had scratches a couple of times, and actually have a pinprick scar on my right cornea. Hurt like a *%^$, but healed up with no problems.

Thanks
, but how bad did yours get? I mean it hasn't gotten any better since it started yesterday, and there's red all around the scratch. Hopefull there's not something still in it
. I just don't want him to tell me that I can't wear my contacts, seeing as how I have no glasses that are actually wearable.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks
, but how bad did yours get? I mean it hasn't gotten any better since it started yesterday, and there's red all around the scratch. Hopefull there's not something still in it
. I just don't want him to tell me that I can't wear my contacts, seeing as how I have no glasses that are actually wearable.

Get thee to a doctor, *pronto.* A surface scratch should heal in 8 hours; if it's still hurting a day later (especially with redness present, as well), you may be getting an infection. Don't wear your contact in that eye until you've had it checked out. I know it's a pain, but these are your *eyes* you're messing with.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Get thee to a doctor, *pronto.* A surface scratch should heal in 8 hours; if it's still hurting a day later (especially with redness present, as well), you may be getting an infection. Don't wear your contact in that eye until you've had it checked out. I know it's a pain, but these are your *eyes* you're messing with.

I guess I could try to get in tomorrow. I don't know, though, I slept for like 20 minutes, then I was looking the mirror and I noticed it's looking better. The redness is definitely getting less red, and I can see much more white where the red was. The contact lense isn't touching anywhere where it's red. I can take it out for now, but like tomorrow and stuff I have to drive to school so the contacts are a must. Thanks for your advice though

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the link! Stuey, won't rubbing it just make the scratch worse? heh heh

Nah if your using your top eyelid and not your finger it'll clean anything thats in your eye away and moisten the cut/scratch

Dru

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If you have a scratch on your eye, call your doctor right away and get an appointment! Don't ignore it! Speaking as someone who's had six or seven corneal abrasions (fancy wording for scratch on the eye) in each eye, it is a serious thing! Don't play around with it!

If you don't have any, get eye drops like refresh or something and use them every half an hour as soon as it happens and take some pain killers. It should heal within a few hours to a few days if you keep it up with the eye drops.

But whatever you do get checked out by a doctor!! You could have dry eyes and need plugs or regular use of eye drops and/or stopping wearing contacts. Or else you could have permanent damage and go blind or be in major pain for the rest of you life (like me!).

top topics

join