It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead mother kept in freezer for years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can you believe this a man kept his mother frozen so he could collect her Social Security Checks.

I guess is not respect for the death anymore.

Philip Schuth, 52, told police his elderly mother, Edith, died of natural causes in August 2000, but that he didn't tell anyone because he was afraid police would blame him, according to documents filed in court Monday.

I tell you what people do for money.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 26-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It makes me wonder which reason it is. Was he afraid that the police would blame him, or did he want to continue to collect her Social Security checks? There might end up being more to this than we've heard.

At least she wasn't alone in the freezer. Ben and Jerry were there to keep her company.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? The moms dead...She doesnt care..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How could someone do this and no one notice? Even if she was a shut-in, what about family and freinds? All I can figure is the son was taking care of her, was an only child, father passed on, and she never left the house. Maybe he did something that would warrant suspecting him.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well the man said that the cat injured the mother before she die so it was blood in the house, so I wonder how much of the real story we will learn when the autopsy is performed.

I got the feeling that is more of the cat injury here.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ive got 4 cats...they can do some damage, but theyve never come close to killin me....at least when Im awake....Somethings fishy here...and it aint the freezer...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He also said that he collected her social security checks.

A man told police he kept his mother's corpse in a basement freezer for more than four years while he collected her Social Security checks, authorities said Monday. A body was found encased in ice, in a sitting position.
[/quote

Perhaps he got tired of caring for her but still wanted to get the checks.

I don't believe the cat attack either.

top topics

join