It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

give me impulse power scottie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
NASA's new prometheus project sounds very interesting and could be the key to exploring the other planets in our solar system in the coming years. If it works out it will provide hugely increased amount of power & payload capacity.

exploration.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
sounds cool.

can't wait till the operational version is ready.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Isnt that the name of the Starsip the Asgard helps the humans make in Stargate (later in the SG1 Series and gets mentioned in Atlantis)... hmmm goes to show Sci-Fi gets alot of ideas from fact... and also alot from imagination too... lol

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Isnt that the name of the Starsip the Asgard helps the humans make in Stargate (later in the SG1 Series and gets mentioned in Atlantis)... hmmm goes to show Sci-Fi gets alot of ideas from fact... and also alot from imagination too... lol

no, i think that actually was the daedalous(if spelled correctly)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
not go all geeky here but the prometheous was the first spaceship built by humans in stargate

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
that is right, the prometheus was the first ship built in sg1 with the cooperation of the asgard. but i was thinking about the spaceship talked about in the last episode of sga in season 1. the new battlecruiser that the cpm from earth was fitted to. maybe my memory is failing me .... again though
. well, back to the topic at hand. impulse powered engines is certenly a compelling thought. but gravity powered(not earth) engines sounds even more interresting to me.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by darkspace]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
if i remember correctly. promethious and daedulas were the 2 ships attached to the main ship in the original robotech series. has been years since i watched it.

will be interesting if this propulsion systom works.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
sounds like its a little more advanced than the
Prometheus that was in stargate

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Didn't the aircraft carrier the "Enterprise" get named after the startrek ship? That's what I heard. Public outpoar made them choose that name. Correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Sorry, but you are wrong on this occasion. Any internet search will lead you to a list of carriers going back to the second world war, all named 'Enterprise'. Im not a naval expert but I know that the name 'Enterprise' goes back a lot further than the TV show

www02.clf.navy.mil...
www.cv6.org...
www.navsource.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Funny that the name "Promethius" is the same as what is used in Stargate SG-1 for the first earth built interplanetary and later intergalactic spaceship.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Project Prometheus is an old N.A.S.A. concept which was supposed to use either ion propulsion or nuclear.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it’s supposed to be an ion engine powered by a nuclear powered fission reactor, currently being designed by the navy. As they use this type of tech in the subs.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Didn't the aircraft carrier the "Enterprise" get named after the startrek ship? That's what I heard. Public outpoar made them choose that name. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I think what you are referring to is that the the first space shuttle was named "Enterprise" because of a capaign by Star Trek fans. It wasn't the aircraft carrier.

new topics

top topics

join