It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papal Prophecies: SAINT MALACHY.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was thinking about the prophecies made by Saint Malachy in 1139... and it occurred to me that the last Pope (#10) to be named "Peter the Roman" is supposed to come in power shortly after Benedict.

Benedict is supposed to be Pope only for a short time. He's 78 and his brother has recently came out and expressed concern over "Benedicts" health.- this I find interesting unto itself. Moving on...

Now, I am NOT commenting on whether or not the prophecies are true (though Malachy has been damn acurate to date) but if one were to take the position that they ARE then the last Pope "Peter the Roman" who is prophesized to be the "antichrist" should already be among the Cardinals that just chose Benedict.

One more time, IF this were true, then THE ANTICHRIST is now among the College of Cardinals...

Does that make sense? Is there any way a "pope" can be elected that is NOT currently part of the College of Cardinals? And could a pope join the College of Cardinals between now and 2012 and still be elected?

Just a thought

Peace (i hope)

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Does that make sense? Is there any way a "pope" can be elected that is NOT currently part of the College of Cardinals? And could a pope join the College of Cardinals between now and 2012 and still be elected?

Yes, the new pope can appoint new cardinals anytime. JPII appointed something like 115 of the 117 that just voted. You seem to be adding a lot of things to the prophecy though, Malachi never mentioned how long each pope would reign or that the last pope would be the anti-christ. The current pope is actually the last one on Malachi's original list, #111 from the time he made his prophecy and #267? since the beginning of the pope club.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You seem to be adding a lot of things to the prophecy though, Malachi never mentioned how long each pope would reign or that the last pope would be the anti-christ.

You maybe right. That's always a problem when reading this stuff on the internet. So many different sites with often varying particulars...

Anyway here is a quickLink. I have no idea which site i was on that i read about Benedict being a Pope only for a short while.

Thanks for clearing up the other question about the pope electing other Cardinals .

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The next Pope does not have to be a Cardinal. All he has to be is a single male Catholic. It is just tradition that a Cardinal is elected.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think Peter the Roman Is The Last True Pope...He Will Be a Good Guy During Horrible times Before the Tribulation....During More Wars, More Earthquakes ect. Says Peter the Roman Will Feed His Flock among Many Tribulations....This Could Mean He Will Guide them thru these Times...Hard to Interpret Thses Sayings....Thats What Makes Revelations Difficult to Understand....Thats Why NO ONE...Not Even Christ Knows When The End Will Come and No One has Guessed it to this Date

After Him Comes the Antichrist Who Will Appear out of Nowhere....This Still Could mean though Peter the Roman Will be the False Prophet

Antichrist WILL Not be a Pope...He Will Head the UN and European Unions To Make the One World Government (HIS GOVERNMENT), Currency (Probaby The Euro Dollar) and Religion (Catholic)

The 666 Number Will happen Halfway Thru the Tribulation

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You are right Rocky,
Petrus Romnus is not portrayed in the prophecies as the antichrist.
The antichrist is someone totally different, not addressed by the prophecy.
Peter the Roman will rule as the last true pope, during the time of the great tribulation and persecution, and will be forced to leave Rome, walking across the corpses of the brethren. According to the prophecy.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The Anti-christ and the false prophet are 2 different people

Anti-christ shall rise up out of the Nation that destroyed the temple, Roman generals did that, so he shall arise out of the sea of Nations or the EU built on the treaty of Rome and shall have with him two horns of a lamb (religion) but speaks like a Dragon. The last Pope that we will see is the Harlot sitting on 7 Hills being judged.

Michael

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Actually, some sources say that Peter the Roman will not actually be Pope... he will reign de facto but not in name. So it could be that:

1) he will be elected but for some reason not installed;

2) it could be the camerlengo or the dean of cardinals, if the conclave can't elect a pope.

Ponder this: it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the cardinals lend credence to Malachy's Prophecy, it could happen that they would refuse to meet in conclave following Benedict's death. Or... they could meet in conclave, but be unable to elect someone. Remember, the first question asked of a cardinal when he's elected pope is "Accipe?" (Do you accept?).

In that case, there would be no pope. The rule over the Church would come down to the camerlengo (in the interregnum between John Paul and Benedict, it was Angelo Sodano).

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Dear All ,

12th century monk St Malachy predicted current Pope Benedict XVI at his 111th prophecy. St Malachy wrote 112 prophecies. I believe that I decoded his last prophecy.

I released my solution at this webpage www.gradale.com... today.

Most probably , a very important event will happen in October 28, 2008. We will wait and see.

Some information about St Malachy and his prophecies :
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Best Regards,

Ferhat Kanarya
www.gradale.com...
The author of "Hidden Location of the Holy Grail"

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
From my book , "Prepare Before All Hell Breaks Loose!"
MK Mason

Malachy predicts Razinger as the last pope

In 1094 A.D. a son was born of noble birth named Maelmhaedhoc, but later he would become known as Malachy. It was well believed in that day that Malachy had the gift of prophecy. His most well known prophecy occurred during a visit to Rome in 1140 for the coronation of Pope Innocent II in which he gave the record of his vision to the pope who placed the record of the prophecy in the papal archive. They remained there for four centuries.

The vision was a list of the next 111 popes, the last being the anti christ pope. His final propheied pope was called " Gloria Olivae," the glory of the olive who will claim the anti christ as God incarnate.

In April of 2005, Cardinal Ratzinger became pope number 111.

In 1820 Olivean monks lied and doctored the Lignum Vitre adding another pope to the list of Malachy's original manuscript. This new additional pope was named "Peter the Roman." Why would these Catholic monks want to hide the identity of the true last anti-christ pope, when according to Malachy, the 111th pope is the last pope?

"Peter the Roman," the awaited false prophet will never appear, a mere deception to blind our eyes from the true false prophet, Pope Razinger.

The Loser is clever isn't he?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hildegard

Another prophecy from times past was from Hildegard. He wrote this shortly before his death in the 12th Century. His prophecy sounds an aweful lot like he's speaking of America being devestated by famine, storms, [tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods] earthquakes and tidal waves.

"The time is coming when princes and peoples will reject the authority of the Pope.
Some countries will prefer their own Church rulers to the Pope. The German Empire will be divided. [Muslim and non-Muslim]

Before the comet comes, [missile] many nations, the good excepted, will be scourged by want and famine.

The Great Nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent [ America] will be devastated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave.

It will be divided and, in great part, submerged. [Due to possibly floods or missiles] That nation will have many misfortunes at sea and lose it's colonies. [ East Coastline]

After the great comet, [ missile] the Great Nation will be devastated by earthquakes, storms and great waves of water, causing much want and plagues. The ocean will also flood many other countries so that all coastal cities will live in fear, with many destroyed. All sea coast cities will be fearful, and many of them will be destroyed by tidal waves, and most living creatures will be killed, and even those who escape will die from a horrible disease.

For in one of those cities does a person live according to the Laws of God. A powerful wind will rise in the North, carrying heavy fog and the densest dust, and it will fill their throats and eyes so that they will cease in their butchery and be stricken with great fear." [volcanos? Atomic fallout?]

Prepare before all hell breasks loose!

top topics

join