It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malachy Prophecy, Soon to see number 112 (5 years possibly)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There's also a sudden rash of 'prophecy' shows on TV, just yesterday the History Channel had two or three 'countdown to armageddon' type shows on. I sometimes wonder if they come here for their programming ideas..

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This whole thing with this prophesy and the media reminds me of when the whole y2k thing was going on.

im not buying into these "prophesies" just yet. I need more proof. And beeing a christian i also hold to the firm belief that noone will know the day or the hour...not that the prophesy claims to say the "day and hour" but there just seems to be no DIRECT link between this pope and the "prophesies" besides the whole benedictine order. Which while intriguing seems kinda loose to me. Also since im not catholic the significance of the Pope in general is not of much importance to me directly either. So as i said...i shall keep watching, and studying and what is meant to come will come

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
To back up the information i gave to webdevil here is a credible source with links that you can see to verify what i said.

the site i have given you as a source is an encyclopedia so you know that it is credible

(THIS PAGE WILL GIVE YOU A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK OF MALACHI IN THE BIBLE AND VERIFY THE THINGS I SAID ABOUT THE AUTHOR AND ITS LOCATION. HE WAS A PROPHET BUT NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE PROPHESIES OF THE POPE).
|
|
\/
en.wikipedia.org...

(THE FOLLOWING LINK WILL GIVE YOU INDEPTH INFO ON THE ST. MALACHY THAT MADE THE PROPHESIES OF THE POPE. IT ALSO GIVES YOU DATES IN THIS ONE AND THE ABOVE TO SHOW YOU THEY ARE CLEARLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.)
|
|
\/
en.wikipedia.org...

(THE NEXT LINK GIVES YOU HISTORY ON THE APOCRAPHA. AND IN THE FIRST SENTENCES STATES THAT IT IS SEPERATE FROM THE 66 BOOKS AND IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY PROTESTANTS)
|
|
\/
en.wikipedia.org...

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Interesting. I heard about the next Pope being the last Pope then armageddon. Caught it on CNN yesterday morning. Wonder if the timing adds up to December 18, 2012.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well, I mean, if he is going to keep riding in the Pope Mobile like it s a convertible, instead of a moving Holy Bulletproof preaching tool, then who KNOWS.

I am still not buying the 112 Popes thing. I think there are only 111, and Petrus Romanus is just an allegory for the Roman Catholic Church, Petrus meaning Rock, Romanus, of Rome. The RCC is definitely the Rock of Rome, I mean, its about the only country where accusations against priests HAVEN'T surfaced.

Also, I like the story of the 7 fat cows, and the 7 skinny cows that the Pharaoh dreamed about. I view that as 7 years of fatness, and 7 'skinny' ones.

And I think 1998 is a decent estimate for when this first 7 year cycle started, cuz everyone knows it is 666x3, and we have got the 111th pope now, after having the previous one for what, 4 cycles of 7 years?

I guess we will see if 7 is significant on the 1 week anniversary of the Pope's inauguration, as I predict there will be an 'event' not directly linked to any of this at all.

I looked at the clock (to see when this anniversary would be), and I opened up the Date section on the computer, as I opened it up, the clock ticked in that second of processing, from 1:43 to 1:44:00

Hmmm....

[edit on 28-4-2005 by akilles]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
``

today, the 16th, i click this thread from a link in another 'questioning' thread
and here's my response:
~~~~~~~~~~

as far as these futuristic insights/ prophecies...

i can see how a Popes' reign could be encapsulated in a phrase or meme...
After-the-Fact
as most anyone with average creativity could make the linkages necessary to connect-the-dots, making the prediction/prophecy/destiny appear to be accurately fufilled..............thereby making the Church & Vatican look-good
and be held in esteem (by some people) Therefore, i am complying with the
thread starters caveat, that responses agree/concur that the Malachy prophecies are valid & true...

I refer to a post by SingleMalt pointing out that
----------------> Pious 7ths epitath was 'rapacious eagle', the fufillment being that PopePious 7th contemporary Napoleon's emblem was an eagle !!
----------------> Pope Benedict 15th, 'religio depopulata', the fufillment being
the carnage from the WWI and the revolution in Russia

I deduce that any Popes' legacy phrase is not just limited to his life & family history......or even to that Popes rise within the Church Heirarchy.......
or even to that Popes' ?Encyclicals? or decrees or missions......

it seems any Popes Tag-Line for his Papacy can be realized thru any number of 'worldly' events that happen to occur during his Papacy,
(just like Pious 7 & Benedict 15 noted above)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the Malachy list of Popes & their succinct characterization, will be accomplished, it is only our subjective speculations about the elements & factors that will bring about the Prophetic Fufillment, that is iffy or questionable, reasonable or outrageous....& fun to ponder.

"Glory of Olives". or GOO, has a potential to derive from a future
Israeli-Jerusalem-Palestinian situation made stable and peaceful
by the Vatican obtaining control & maintenance of that area known
to Christians as The-Mount-of-Olives-----------------------------------
which might become termed a World-Heritage-Site, administered
jointly by the Vatican and the UN.................................................
The Vatican as a nationstate
will oversee both the RCC and OrthodoxChurches who will be the
caretakers of the site & property,
(much as the Muslims & Palestinians control the
Dome-Of-The-Rock area , today)

sorry, if this postulation has too much religious symbolism in it,
seeing as the last Pope 'Toils of Sun'?[or similar?] has been
reduced to either his 'workaholic' disposition,
or to some 'mystical' linkages concerning his birth & burial dates
being both aligned with or related to sun/lunar eclipses.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

"Glory of Olives". or GOO, has a potential to derive from a future
Israeli-Jerusalem-Palestinian situation made stable and peaceful
by the Vatican obtaining control & maintenance of that area known
to Christians as The-Mount-of-Olives-----------------------------------
which might become termed a World-Heritage-Site, administered
jointly by the Vatican and the UN.................................................
The Vatican as a nationstate
will oversee both the RCC and OrthodoxChurches who will be the
caretakers of the site & property,
(much as the Muslims & Palestinians control the
Dome-Of-The-Rock area , today)

That's an interesting interpretation, but why would the RCC be allowed control of a site in Jerusalem? Anyone can go there now, it's not like it's a contested area is it?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm going to make a stupid little comment just to get this thread back into the works again.

Based on the current events that are happening now, and also based on the "dissappearing act" Ratzinger is displaying, I think the St. Malachy prophecies may be being fuffilled . (dissappearing meaning he seemed to have vanished off the news/media....we haven't heard anything about him at all)

I'm thinking the reason for Ratzinger keeping a low profile out of the media is that he's busy planning/preparing for the antichrist.

Anybody else think this?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, I did hear the the Vatican recently held a 2 week training for exorcisms. I think JP II was preparing as well.
---goes to look for link----

Found it!

www.washingtonpost.com...

If it asks for a login you can use
[email protected]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It does seem as if:

1) The RCC stretched things to fit this time around (everyone was predicting a Benedictine)

2) We are assuming that we would appreciate peace when we have it. History begs to differ. Seems to me, after a little thought, that the Glory of Peace (the Olive Branch) would only be apparent when peace was no where to be found.

Can one escape a true prophecy?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow! I just would like to say, you guys on here are just brilliant! Thanks for helpinging me 'learn the ropes' again, by teaching me versus from the bible, or disputing irrelavent claims, all the while, having fun!!! Maybe a twinge on the paranoid, twitchy level, but stil... All I can say is that I would love to see Christ come home again! And I hope he does in order to help us all to stop our self-mutilation lifestyles.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I fully hate to be that guy, but playing the egocentric devils advocate ill sink into the duty...

Malachi is not spelled with a 'y'

without understanding of ancient hebrew and the pronunciation and eloquation of such, you've already taken a 'left path'...

look further...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigmatic_Messiah

Enigmatic,

I don't know if you know how perfectly close to the truth you are!!!!!

Revelation 17:9
"This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. 11The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to perdition.

Rome is the City of 'Seven Hills' as Malachy mentions in the prophecy, the 'Seven kings' referres to the last seven popes after the healing of the headwound of the beast.

Napolion ended the 1260 year reign of the beast at the end of the dark ages in 1798...then Mouselini reinstated the 'Kingship' in 1929 with the Latteran treaty.

Since 1929 the sixth king in consession would have been pope John Paul II. The vision of John the revelator (taken into the future 'in the Spirit' to see the king who 'is') was to see the time of pope John Paul II. So from his persective, having been taken into the future, the 5 kings before that time frame have fallen and the seventh (Benedict XVI) is not there yet.

Since John Paul II's death in 2005 we are now in the time of the seventh king who only remains for "a little while", and he's already been here for 4 years.

Now the big question is "who is the Eighth king"? This will blow your mind!!!

Notice how it says "he is of the seven'? I belive this will be Satan claiming to be and looking like one of the previous seven kings, probably John Paul II, and claiming God has sent him to earth to unify the people under the Universal church. One of the biggest false doctrines of the Catholic Church is the state of the dead, they claim our souls live forever either in heaven or in hell. The bible says the dead know not anything and are waiting for the resurection 'asleep'! Pope John Paul II is not in heaven, but how many would line up to worship him if he appeared to come back from the dead.

Why is the 8th king not listed until after the seven are gone? Just like the 112th pope in Malachy's list, he just happens to show up later. Why does it say he 'goeth into perdition? The only other places in the bible that word is used is with Judas AND Satan! Put the two together and you see the outcome. Mark my words... the 112th pope is the eighth king of Revelation 17 and...he will make war and persecute the saints "that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12 "durring great persecution"; Malachy.

Then those who have been descieved by the false church through Satan, when they realize it's too late "shall make her desolate...and burn her with fire" Rev 17:16. Just like in the prophecy of Malachy (who by the way WAS trying to reform the Catholic church, like Luther was later.)

We are so close to coming of the King< Jesus Christ the Son of God.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

Satan tries to come to deceive the world, first as the false 'Elijah' or false John the Baptist...then as his final master stroke, the False Christ to deceive if it where possible the very elect...then it's over for him. Amen.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesonofthunder
reply to post by Enigmatic_Messiah

Revelation 17:9
"This calls for a mind with wisdom."

Your intrepretaion of the Book of Revelation, jamesonofthunder, is quite lacking. The Book of Revelation has been around for almost 2,000 years as a source of hope for those who seek Christ. The message is one of victory by the Lamb who was slain. It is not purely specific to kingships of the 20th and 21st centuries, nor any century, but to those who war against Christ.

I'll also add here that the 1797 Gentleman's Magazine includes a large portion of the St. Malachy prophecy of pontiffs, inclusive to "Petrus Romanus", without any reference to tampering by Jesuits, nor with any abuse of the Book of Revelation.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Um, Digitalgrl -

The prophecies of St. Malachi ARE in the Bible. Look in the Apocrypha, under The Book of Malachi.

(It's after the Book of Daniel).

-wD

Those are two different Malachi's my friend. One lived during the 12th century, the other before Jesus lived. So, Digital Girl, that isn't true

Interesting thread, an old one since it started in 2005 so its good to keep it alive. We are halfway through the tribulation now if 2012 marks the end, the current 111th pope (Ratzinger) is getting old so its about time for a new one, the last one according to St Malachy.

Another thing, has there only been 111 popes (including current one) so far ? According to this site the current pope Benedict XVI (2005—) is number 266. According to Wikipedia the current pope is number 265. Meh, perhaps St Malachy started to count from contemporary time, 12th century and forward ?

Answer above: Another Malachi is in the Old testament (BC, Bible), so its not the 12th century monk Malachi that made the prophecies about the 112 popes. URL: Book of the Bible

[edit on 20-1-2010 by rhines]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Most of the posts here are 5 years old. A lot has happened since then. There is a new forum on the Malachy papal prophecies, begun March 30, 2010 (less than 6 weeks ago). Come have a look. It is called "St. Malachy on the current pope".

Copy this url: www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=556714

[edit on 9-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To those of you whom have been around these pages for a while realize that this pope when he passes over will be replaced by a very young pope (that comes from all those pages you had me reaearch).as for the 2012 prophecy about him he will pass in May of 1012 according to another profet(?) from the 16th century during the eclipse of Venus and this pope will give the people of the Universal Chirch? over to the first of him that claims to be but is not peace,then to the second whom will say peace but bring war (may be the same person)
Also if you stop and take a look around and put the book of Daniel and the book of Ezekial and several other prophets from the Bible togeather you will se that the last week started in May of 1948 making this the last day of the book ending in 2018.
So we know that this pope who claims the olive branch of peace will have passed over according to Malichy and other profits Before the 2012 there is nothng to feer date.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

time to bring this back to the top since it is now current news

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I made my odds back in 2005.... I would now place Turkson at around 8-1,,,, if they go for a younger pope and are looking for diversity.... being of african descent gives him a little edge over the others

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
next pope

Turkson is currently at 5-2 as the next pope
edit on 11-2-2013 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join