It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Lady of the Underpass?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Since the first picture it looks like somebody tampered with the stain and made it more define.

I am sorry but somebody is playing a trick here and is not from divine intervention either, looks more like human intervention.

What they are going to do now close the section and built a church, or take the piece of concrete and canonize it.

I am waiting to see what will be next.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by marg6043]

well i can promise you this won't happen. I live in Chicago and ain't happenin. There is already a problem with traffic congestion, they aren't gonna get rid of this underpass.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ryan what they are going to do? have somebody check for tampering or check to make sure is a water stain only?

Or the church is going to get involve and do they own miracle checking.

I know that the Church has its own experts to check on things like this.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
no i am saying they won't build a church where it is. The city will either allow the church to make it a "miracle spot" and they will try to preserve it, or they will just try to do some patch work. I mean i could be wrong, but i really doubt them removing a road from a city filled with congestion as is.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It had to happen. Victor Gonzalez, 37, self proclaimed member of the church of the haughty, was arrested after writing 'big lie' in black shoe polish over the water stain that some have been saying is a manifestation of the Virgin Mary. Authorities subsequently painted over the stain. Victor said while being booked, "I'd do anything to to put down another religion", the haughty motto (previous statement untrue, fabricated for effect).

Man Arrested for Alleged Vandalism

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To be perfectly fair, they should arrest all of the people leaving the flowers and candles for littering.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i'm surprised that there hasn't been a huge uproar yet about this.

ok so mabe this guy shouldn't have done this. but heck they could have cleaned off shoe polish couldn't they? so this wasn't realy a real defacement of property. what they should have done was made him clean it up.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When I heard about this, someone said "someone defaced the Virgin Mary."

My reply was. "It was a stain. All that was "defaced" was a salt damaged section of a reatining wall that will eventually have to be ripped out and rebuilt anyway."

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well you aren't going to arrest people for practicing their religion, especially the majority of the country is atleast Christian and can relate to the teachings in some form or another. Besides, you would have so many people crying out about their rights being violated, unnecassary scenario.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
no i am saying they won't build a church where it is. The city will either allow the church to make it a "miracle spot" and they will try to preserve it, or they will just try to do some patch work. I mean i could be wrong, but i really doubt them removing a road from a city filled with congestion as is.

Um I dont think the church will approve this at all. They have people go there to investigate it to see if it is actually Mary, or something demonic. In this case I think its just a stain. I really dont see Mary in it. If anything the head looks like a skull to me. This would also be taking attention away from Medjugorje which definately needs more attention then it is getting.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No we can not arrest people from practicing religion, but that is what churches are for, to exercise your freedom of religion.

No an underpass with a water stain, or the middle of a main highway because some body spotted an oil stain with the face of Jesus.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No we can not arrest people from practicing religion, but that is what churches are for, to exercise your freedom of religion.

No an underpass with a water stain, or the middle of a main highway because some body spotted an oil stain with the face of Jesus.

Well this thing is on the Kennedy Expressway underpass. I don't know if you know anything about Chicago, but that is one of the main express ways to get into the city of Chicago. I don't recall if it is I-90 or I-94, but it is one of those two.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Oh, Ryann what I mean to said is that is a place and a time for worshiping.

And is the right of everybody to do so.

But if we allowed believers to go around worshiping anything that resemble the object of their faith, in the streets...........then we will have a mess in our hands.

People will look for anything to find their miracles and prof of divine intervention.

In an extreme case, a water stain will be nothing compare to somebody worshiping a tree stump or a smear in a paper, because it looks like the object of their faith in their minds.

That is what I mean.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Oh, Ryann what I mean to said is that is a place and a time for worshiping.

Um we dont worship Mary.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
To be perfectly fair, they should arrest all of the people leaving the flowers and candles for littering.

I agree 100%

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Well this thing is on the Kennedy Expressway underpass. I don't know if you know anything about Chicago, but that is one of the main express ways to get into the city of Chicago. I don't recall if it is I-90 or I-94, but it is one of those two.

The Kennedy is actually both, and it is the only N->S expressway through town. For those of you that don't know, Fullerton is a major artery through the North side as well. This particular intersection is in a very religious, Latin neighborhood.

People are still congregating at the underpass, and it's creating traffic nightmares. The site was painted over after it was vandalized, but someone has used thinner to remove the paint and display the image again.

At what point does the Dept. of Transportation sandblast the overpass to get rid of the stain and restore the normal traffic flow of Chicago? I'd love to hear how they tell these true-believers that there's no Santa Claus. There would be a riot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join