It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Lady of the Underpass?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Something interesting is going on beneath the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago, but is it a vision of the Virgin Mary, or a water stain? With the cardinals meeting in Rome to elect a new Pope, and the fact that John Paul II had a large following in the city, it seems like more than just a coincidence that there now appears to be a religious miracle happening in Bucktown.

Tribune staff report
Published April 18, 2005, 1:35 PM CDT

Curiosity seekers joined the faithful today to view what some said was an image of the Virgin Mary at an underpass of the Kennedy Expressway on Chicago's Northwest Side, CLTV reported.

About 20 people were among the first to perceive the image shortly before midnight on a concrete wall of the Fullerton Avenue viaduct in the city's Bucktown neighborhood, officials said.

By this morning, television news crews were on the scene and media reports were spreading the word of the alleged apparition.

Our Lady of the Underpass?

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's absolutely amazing how many water stains look like a person wearing robes... then again it's absolutely amazing how many people wearing robes look like 3D waterstains. The deeper your need the easier it is to convince you of that which you are looking for.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
but then again, in this war savaged world, if there is something - heck, ANYthing, that brings people hope or goodwill, then heck....jump on the bandwagon, true or not

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
personaly though it vaugly looks like a possible person in robes. to jump to saying it is mary is a real streatch of imagination.
it is a water stain. i have seen many almost exactly like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Looks like with all the prophecies and doomsday revelations people's are going into mass hysteria and collaborative visions.

Its quite normal you know, is not the first time and it will not be the last.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here's a good link with pictures and video. Can't say that I see what they're talking about. I think it's your classic example of matrixing... Might head over that way to check it out later tonight though.

NBC5 Chicago

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Memo to self: contact IDOT about crack repair at that underpass.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yes, thanks for the link, occurs is Catholic related, images of saints, martyrs and Madonnas are part of the church.

I wonder if somebody that is not Catholic would have notice that it was a vision of a Madonna in the wall.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A Madonna next to "Satan Loves" ?? I don't think so. Someone should have cleaned the graffiti first.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
A Madonna next to "Satan Loves" ?? I don't think so. Someone should have cleaned the graffiti first.

Lord have mercy I didn't notice the "Satan Loves"
you got good eyes.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
maybe they let one of these people out of the madonna fest

or her:

edit:

You have to see the rest of this to apreciate it

www.madonnacatalog.com...

[edit on 18-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That doesnt look anything like the virgin Mary. Just a crack in the side. Some people have really good imaginations.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
here is a better shot for those who can't see it.

www.nbc5.com...

the resemblance is uncanny from this view.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
here is a better shot for those who can't see it.

www.nbc5.com...

the resemblance is uncanny from this view.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

Nah its still just good imagination. It looks kind of like her, but I would have to say there is nothing miraculouse going on here. Just a crack that kind of looks like Mary.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
click through and look at the other pics. One looks even better than that one, like the exact image.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think this is really sad. Catholics wonder why so many people bash them, but keep providing things like this that make it so easy. I'm sure most sane Catholics think this is just as ridiculous as us Protestants do though.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like a water stain.
CLR (a demineralizing cleaner) will take care of that.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey, people that frequent underpasses need something to believe in, too. They are generally much closer to the raw drama that is society's soft underbelly than anyone posting here. Just because they don't have a shiny new beemer or a spiffy new abode to worship (or a golden calf, for that matter), doesn't make them any less deserving of the grace of God. More so, if you ask me.

What makes them easy to bash are stuck-up attitudes like yours (and those like you), dj. Heaven forbid that you might have been born a poor catholic of little means but lots of faith, like those poor unfortunates of the underpass! Sure CLR will take care of it, but nothing will take care of the stain on your soul.

There but for the grace of God go all of us.

You guys make me want to

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Since the first picture it looks like somebody tampered with the stain and made it more define.

I am sorry but somebody is playing a trick here and is not from divine intervention either, looks more like human intervention.

What they are going to do now close the section and built a church, or take the piece of concrete and canonize it.

I am waiting to see what will be next.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Oh, so now its a graven image to the church of the haughty bunch, and worthy of still more disdain and ridicule. This just keeps getting better for you, doesn't it?

still

top topics

<<   2 >>

join